Tyree Jackson seeking transfer from UB

YoloinOhio

On December 26, 2018 at 2:00 PM, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He is not a good quarterback.  He has a big arm and athletic ability and that is it.  He doesn't have great awareness, is inaccurate and is careless with the ball.  I think they could have been a much better team this year if they had a better passer.  I actually hope he does leave.  I think he holds the offense back.

Sounds like another QB that plays on Sundays 

On 12/26/2018 at 2:00 PM, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He is not a good quarterback.  He has a big arm and athletic ability and that is it.  He doesn't have great awareness, is inaccurate and is careless with the ball.  I think they could have been a much better team this year if they had a better passer.  I actually hope he does leave.  I think he holds the offense back.

I agree overall but i am not sure if UB will be better without him. He has so much physical ability i keep hoping his brain clicks. I am an eternal optimist

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think the dad wants his kid to improve his draft stock. 

Playing in the MAC didn’t hurt Big Bens stock.

Tyree can make any decision he wants but at the end of the day HE needs to improve ... Whether at a P5 school or UB

Its silly to think he leaves And his Stock auto rises... when he was playing with superior talent at UB vs other MAC defenses

He May get a better line or WR Corp at a P5 school but the defenses will be a lot better as well

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Playing in the MAC didn’t hurt Big Bens stock.

Tyree can make any decision he wants but at the end of the day HE needs to improve ... Whether at a P5 school or UB

Its silly to think he leaves And his Stock auto rises... when he was playing with superior talent at UB vs other MAC defenses

He May get a better line or WR Corp at a P5 school but the defenses will be a lot better as well

I, by chance, sat next to his dad at the MAC Championship in Detroit, where the Bulls blew a 19-point 3Q lead to NIU. I got the sense that Pappa doesn't think much of Leipold and his coaching staff, and that they are holding his kid back.

Now all parents think their little angels are the greatest, but he might have a point. The Bulls, after scoring on 5 of their first 6 possessions, throwing the ball all over the field, pulled their tails in between their legs and assumed their defense, who showed they couldn't stop anyone all season, would win the game for them. And we all saw how that turned out.

Now in the DG Bowl, we saw TJ make some simply awful boneheaded plays. So I think there is blame on both sides.

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I, by chance, sat next to his dad at the MAC Championship in Detroit, where the Bulls blew a 19-point 3Q lead to NIU. I got the sense that Pappa doesn't think much of Leipold and his coaching staff, and that they are holding his kid back.

Now all parents think their little angels are the greatest, but he might have a point. The Bulls, after scoring on 5 of their first 6 possessions, throwing the ball all over the field, pulled their tails in between their legs and assumed their defense, who showed they couldn't stop anyone all season, would win the game for them. And we all saw how that turned out.

Now in the DG Bowl, we saw TJ make some simply awful boneheaded plays. So I think there is blame on both sides.

Well, if true that's just a dumb take by daddy-O.  As the season went on the Bulls O-line and running game were the best units on the field, not the QB. The coaches allowed Jackson to continue throwing with leads and all it did was lead to quick 3-and-outs with poor throws and decision making (INT's, fumbles).  The D crumbled late season as well.  Not sure why the DB's were so badly exposed.  

Anyway that same coach holding his kid back is also the reason the Bulls have been rebuilt into one of the better MAC programs.   Credit to Leipold because this team would be bottom of the MAC without his leadership and staff.   He's also the same coach who recruited two awesome freshman RB's and more athletic players across the board.  

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If I recall correctly, he committed to Quinn and not Liepold. He still decided to sign there but sometimes the relationship isn’t as strong when those things occur with coaching changes in the recruiting cycle. 

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have seen plenty of boneheaded coaches and staffs in my lifetime... it’s easy to blame the coach 

Leipold is easily the best coach I have ever been around at UB.. he is destined for greatness , even if he has to leave UB for it

Tyree is not clutch rn and makes plenty of boneheaded plays... he also does not utilize AJ in the passing game enough

His Dad can think whatever he wants but Tyrees stock is plummeting, because Tyree. 

He only has any stock because Leipold 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If I recall correctly, he committed to Quinn and not Liepold. He still decided to sign there but sometimes the relationship isn’t as strong when those things occur with coaching changes in the recruiting cycle. 

He had time to decommit and did re consider his commitment 

He chose Leipold and UB

I look forward to watching a new QB get developed at UB and it will be fun to watch Tyree at a P5 team like Auburn or wherever.  Let's see what he can do.  These programs dying to get him should be a bit cautious.   He had some real talent around him at UB and could not raise em up, losing 3 of his last 4 games against better competition.   Can't wait to watch that Iron Bowl...  Tua vs. Tyree.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the last 10 games of the season (8 MAC games, Army & Troy) Tyree Jackson completed 52.3% of his passes, threw 13 TDs 9 INTs, and threw for under 200 yards in 5 out of 10 games.

Edited by zow2

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I look forward to watching a new QB get developed at UB and it will be fun to watch Tyree at a P5 team like Auburn or wherever.  Let's see what he can do.  These programs dying to get him should be a bit cautious.   He had some real talent around him at UB and could not raise em up, losing 3 of his last 4 games against better competition.   Can't wait to watch that Iron Bowl...  Tua vs. Tyree.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the last 10 games of the season (8 MAC games, Army & Troy) Tyree Jackson completed 52.3% of his passes, threw 13 TDs 9 INTs, and threw for under 200 yards in 5 out of 10 games.

I love UB unequivocally and have been there since Day1. Tyree has been good for UB and I’m glad he’s been here and wish him success 

but he really has struggled late in the year... he doesn’t need a P5 school to develop , HE needs to develop consistency 

and I don’t think the SEC West is The place to learn consistency 

• Like (+1) 1

Almost a 2019 #NFLDraft early declaree, ex-Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson delayed his decision one more year and entered the grad transfer market.

But which fit is best for his pro future and the team's 2019 success? @BenjaminSolak takes a dive:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/29/5-ideal-transfer-destinations-for-tyree-jackson/

5 IDEAL TRANSFER DESTINATIONS FOR TYREE JACKSON

On 12/26/2018 at 3:57 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Osborne is returning.

and chances are Vantrease beats out Myers next season

You told me Osborn was returning?

You want another little nugget, Myers is a favorite of this staff.  Towards end of year, he was getting more practice reps than Vantrease.  The staff loves his ability to run at his size and thinks it can be a game changer in the MAC with how Army tore teams apart this year.

2 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

You told me Osborn was returning?

You want another little nugget, Myers is a favorite of this staff.  Towards end of year, he was getting more practice reps than Vantrease.  The staff loves his ability to run at his size and thinks it can be a game changer in the MAC with how Army tore teams apart this year.

I was told that Osbrorne was returning, he was going to be the #1.. this is definitely odd 

and i I know they like Myers, but it’s not all about the running. Jackson can run and they pretty much stopped giving him designed runs... if Army was the eye opener, why not let  Tyree run more because it was his best weapon? He went from a runner last year to only running in the red zone and it hurt UB

Vantrease was still the #2 all year and Liepold went to him in relief first, so like I said barring some crazy circumstances he will open the spring with the 1s with the chance to start 

Myers or Dominic Johnson will have to beat him out. Myers may have the wheels but Vantrease throws a great deep ball and they will need some 

the staff loves everybody.. they just brought in a 3* pocket passer who by all accounts was their prize of the recruiting season And leipold was thrilled to get him. He will be in the mix sooner than later too... he wants a passer also

If Myers can throw at a high level , then yes I want him starting next year but he has to show it in spring 

*** Also Tyree and KJ can both return ***

its not guarenteed

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I was told that Osbrorne was returning, he was going to be the #1.. this is definitely odd 

and i I know they like Myers, but it’s not all about the running. Jackson can run and they pretty much stopped giving him designed runs... if Army was the eye opener, why not let  Tyree run more because it was his best weapon? He went from a runner last year to only running in the red zone and it hurt UB

Vantrease was still the #2 all year and Liepold went to him in relief first, so like I said barring some crazy circumstances he will open the spring with the 1s with the chance to start 

Myers or Dominic Johnson will have to beat him out. Myers may have the wheels but Vantrease throws a great deep ball and they will need some 

the staff loves everybody.. they just brought in a 3* pocket passer who by all accounts was their prize of the recruiting season And leipold was thrilled to get him. He will be in the mix sooner than later too... he wants a passer also

If Myers can throw at a high level , then yes I want him starting next year but he has to show it in spring 

*** Also Tyree and KJ can both return ***

its not guarenteed

Not sure if you even follow UB football with this response. 

Jackson stopped running because of his knee injury last year.  He didn't like running and only did it when necessary, that's why there was none to very little designed runs. Towards the end of year he became more confident in knee and that's where u did see more runs. 

Vantrease got the reps because Myers plan was to redshirt. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.