Tyree Jackson seeking transfer from UB

YoloinOhio

His draft stock plummeted as the season went on. He was electrifying in the first 5 games. He was dreadful the last 4. The question is why? Did teams gameplan to exploit a weakness? Did losing Anthony Johnson expose his success as more AJ than TJ? Did Coach Lance Leipold get all D3 conservative with his two excellent freshman running backs? Or is Tyree just not that good? 

Too bad for UB. Not sure if Kyle Vantrese can step up and play at the same level. They still have offensive talent in Osborne, Mabry, Patterson and Marks.

This doesn’t mean he is transferring 100%.

they said he was going to test his options and this is how he will find out . Returning to UB is still an option 

@PromoTheRobot

Vantrease May run the offense better. Tyree doesn’t always take what he is given 

The big plays may drop some but a consistent offense may be developed 

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

He is not a good quarterback.  He has a big arm and athletic ability and that is it.  He doesn't have great awareness, is inaccurate and is careless with the ball.  I think they could have been a much better team this year if they had a better passer.  I actually hope he does leave.  I think he holds the offense back.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

...And there ya go.  This news is not unexpected.  We've already discussed it was likely.  I don't think Vantrease is the guy but who knows?  What about that kid from West Seneca, he's supposed to be very good....and they have a true freshman from Ohio coming in to the program who looks solid.

34 minutes ago, zow2 said:

...And there ya go.  This news is not unexpected.  We've already discussed it was likely.  I don't think Vantrease is the guy but who knows?  What about that kid from West Seneca, he's supposed to be very good....and they have a true freshman from Ohio coming in to the program who looks solid.

As of today Vantrease is much better than Myers. He was a very good get for Liepold

He had offers from every MAC school 

Myers is more a dual threat while Vantrease is a better passer

Edited by Buffalo716

56 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He is not a good quarterback.  He has a big arm and athletic ability and that is it.  He doesn't have great awareness, is inaccurate and is careless with the ball.  I think they could have been a much better team this year if they had a better passer.  I actually hope he does leave.  I think he holds the offense back.

Well, this is silly.  

This woild suck for UB and I believe it would hurt him in the long run.  No guarantees if he leaves.  

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well, this is silly.  

This woild suck for UB and I believe it would hurt him in the long run.  No guarantees if he leaves.  

We'll agree to disagree.  They had a ton of offensive weapons this season and he wasn't very good at keeping a consistent offense going.  He makes a lot of big plays but when needs to pass he has a lot of trouble.  When you look at UB's roster they have a ton of talent for their level.  Johnson is a 1st/2nd round NFL talent and I actually think Osborn might get drafted when he comes out.  Mabry was the best TE in the conference.  You could put a lot of QB's at that level in the situation as Jackson had and the team would have be about as successful.

27 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

We'll agree to disagree.  They had a ton of offensive weapons this season and he wasn't very good at keeping a consistent offense going.  He makes a lot of big plays but when needs to pass he has a lot of trouble.  When you look at UB's roster they have a ton of talent for their level.  Johnson is a 1st/2nd round NFL talent and I actually think Osborn might get drafted when he comes out.  Mabry was the best TE in the conference.  You could put a lot of QB's at that level in the situation as Jackson had and the team would have be about as successful.

Or he helped raise those guys up. It’s not mutual exclusive.  He is the first qb I’ve ever seen at IB that legitimately could play in the nfl.  It’s kinda wrong to just dismiss that for guys who have proved nothing.

hopefully, he comes back because it would benefit him and the school.  UB has a great coach. 

He was not good second half of season.  So many bone headed plays and didn't come up big when he needed to.

I may be in the minority, but I actually think this may be better off for UB.  He won't have Osborn or Johnson next year to bail him out.  This team could be dynamic with an RPO offense with their skill at RB.  I think Myers can be really good next year if they design the proper offense.

He would get eaten alive in a Big conference.  He took very little hits at UB, but when he did, he always seemed to act like he was hurt.

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

He was not good second half of season.  So many bone headed plays and didn't come up big when he needed to.

I may be in the minority, but I actually think this may be better off for UB.  He won't have Osborn or Johnson next year to bail him out.  This team could be dynamic with an RPO offense with their skill at RB.  I think Myers can be really good next year if they design the proper offense.

He would get eaten alive in a Big conference.  He took very little hits at UB, but when he did, he always seemed to act like he was hurt.

Osborne is returning.

and chances are Vantrease beats out Myers next season

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Is that confirmed with Osborn?  He could graduate and leave too.  He already was there 4 years.

If Vantrease plays, this team will be bottom of MAC again.

Osborne can , but graduate transfers is really not that big of a thing... he will probably return 

as for Vantrease , that is your opinion... he had offers to every MAC school and can sling a football. Leipold thinks very highly of him and he throws a good ball

Myers is mobile but doenst throw as good as Vantrease yet

Edited by Buffalo716

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Osborne can , but graduate transfers is really not that big of a thing... he will probably return 

as for Vantrease , that is your opinion... he had offers to every MAC school and can sling a football. Leipold thinks very highly of him and he throws a good ball

Myers is mobile but doenst throw as good as Vantrease yet

Vantrease was so bad when he played in 2017, he would need MAJOR improvement for him to be a better passer than Myers.

40 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Vantrease was so bad when he played in 2017, he would need MAJOR improvement for him to be a better passer than Myers.

Vantrease was a true freshman . Tyree Jackson could hardly throw as a RS Freshmen and improved a bit as a RS sophomore 

How can you say Myers is such a good thrower? He didn’t throw in D1 live 

I saw Myers in HS and he was a better runner than thrower who needed a few years.. if Jackson leaves it will be Vantrease by all accounts 

and i want Myers to be as successful as possible.. but he will need to leapfrog Vantrease 

Edited by Buffalo716

Whose to say some transfer QB or graduate transfer won’t be enticed by UB if Tyree leaves?

i think the QB position would be wide open and no one knows how Leipold thinks.

Guys who have hung around P5 programs and barely played now have options.  It’s unlikely but Ya just never know what will happen if Tyree leaves.

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well, this is silly.  

How could it hurt him? He's not getting drafted where he thought or where many UB fans thought he had potential of being drafted at.

I don't care what jersey you put him in. He hasn't even been good in the MAC. He should focus on his education.

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I watched all of the nationally televised UB games this season. I do not believe Tyree transferring will be that great of a detriment to the team. Tyree’s game was running the ball (with horrible ball security) and bombing it to an open Anthony Johnson or Osborne. He is no where near a top QB IMO. 

Tyree honestly ran more last year as a RS sophomore 

He had more rushing yards last year and averaged more ypc. His problem was no decisiveness this year 

he would scramble and by time and instead of throwing or running he’d take a horrible sack and fumble... kind of like the last drive of bowl game 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.