Week 17 -- rooting for a win or loss?

Rigotz

Are you rooting for a win or loss week 17?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Are you rooting for a win or loss on Sunday

I always root  for a win.  In particular, I don't think a top 5 draft pi9ck is worth all that much more than a top 10 pick.  There might be a consesnus on about the top two prospects in the draft, then there are a bunchy of guys on the next tier.  One is not enough better than another that observers can arrive at any sort of consensus as to which one is better.  .  Buffalo could in theory draft in the ninth spot and be able to get the player who is third or fourth on their big board.

I understand those who strongly always root for a win.

But a loss helps us more, and this season has long since been over.

Further, the Miami rivalry thing has been dead for many, many years.

Just lose the thing and let's hope for better next year.

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Agreed, but the question was specifically which we are "rooting" for, which is why I had to clarify.  It sure would be nice to draft in the top 5, but when I watch on Sunday, I will be hoping to see the Fish, squished. 

Fair enough.  Yeah, I won't be rooting for bad things on Sunday, but certainly prefer a loss on the scoreboard, could impact our draft position by as much as 6 to 8 spots depending what happens in other games.  

11 hours ago, sven233 said:

Best case is that Allen throws for 400+ yards, 5+ TDs, no picks and we still lose (preferably because we give up 5 punt and kick returns for TDs).  This way, we all see something great from Allen, the defense is not awful and Crossman definitely gets fired.  The only reason to be interested in this game is to see how Allen performs.  As fans, we should all want him to put up great numbers, but having a top 5-7 pick would be great as well.

This.

I’m not so much worried about the draft position in the first round. I think the talent will be there no matter where we pick and a later pick may force Beane’s hand to take offense. Although, we would have a better chance of trading back if we were in the 4-6 range.

I think where having a high draft position will really benefit is in the 2nd-4th rounds because of the depth at OL and WR in the draft this year. Ideally we would want to be picking at the top of those rounds especially with the Cardinals, Jets, and Giants having similar needs.