Week 17 -- rooting for a win or loss?

Rigotz

Are you rooting for a win or loss week 17?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Are you rooting for a win or loss on Sunday

I am rooting for Allen to do well but for the other team to make a last second field goal to win, so something we are confident we can build on but show that we need to work hard this off season to be better next year.

So since that is what I am rooting for, it does look like I am rooting for a loss

I think we still get Metcalf at or below #10.  Most bad teams need D help.  So I don't mind sliding a few spots.

Meanwhile legions of clueless fans are ready to revolt because we took a step back to rebuild.  We need a win going into the offseason to tamp down the (needless) drama.

Being honest...a loss where the game was fun to watch with Allen having some nice moments.  

Josh is just a lot of fun to watch, so I will enjoy that part of the game.  But a loss would be more valuable to this team this offseason, there are a lot of teams bunched up in the standings.

We are currently in a tie for 7th, so not sure if we would pick 7th or 8th officially (although shows us at 7).  However, a win could and most likely would drop us out of the the 10 and as far down as 13th.  And Giants and Lions only have 1 less win.  So if we lose and they won, we could also move up another spot or two possibly to as high as 5th with a loss.  

So a win or loss could be the difference in picking as high as 5th or as low as 13th (depending on other outcomes and what the tie breakers would be).  Thats a big spread...give me the loss, its too important to our draft slotting.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I ALWAYS root for a win but if we lose this week I will be ok because of draft position. But I can't ever root for a loss.

Keep in mind, there is a big difference in rooting for a loss and wanting a loss.  

• Like (+1) 1

ugh....I mean...my 7 year old basically shamed me before the Lions game. He was all amped up on FRIDAY for the game, and I felt, dad needs to keep it real here, so I explained there were no miracles like last year possible. No playoffs. He said "Dad i don't care about playoffs, I just want to win".

Yeah, that made me feel pretty lame, being like "why do you care". But even being ashamed a bit...I'd rather have the better draft position next year. I don't want to lose, but, whatever.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Keep in mind, there is a big difference in rooting for a loss and wanting a loss.  

Agreed, but the question was specifically which we are "rooting" for, which is why I had to clarify.  It sure would be nice to draft in the top 5, but when I watch on Sunday, I will be hoping to see the Fish, squished. 

At this point, I'd hate to have the ***** season we had then end up drafting 12-14 because of a needless win over Miami.  In 45 years rooting for the Bills, I've never wanted them to lose, but for the first time, I'm ok with it because there are some good teams playing bad ball this year and I don't want them drafting in front of us. We need to pick as high as possible. I'd hate to see someone step in front of us and take "our" guy.