Week 17 -- rooting for a win or loss?

Rigotz

Are you rooting for a win or loss week 17?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Are you rooting for a win or loss on Sunday

58 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Really? There’s a big diff between 8th and 16th place?

picking top 3 makes a big diff

Detroit beats GB (Division game) - could happen.

TB beats ATL (Division game) - could happen.

Bills win coin toss with NYG - could happen.

In the above scenario and with a loss against MIA the Bills will pick at 5.

IF somehow OAK beats KC (unlikely but a division game also OAK last) - Bills pick #4.

FWIW

On 12/27/2018 at 9:18 AM, Rigotz said:

If a loss is the difference between picking 1st overall or 13th overall you'd still root for a win?

... in our situation it's not quite that drastic, it's probably difference between 5th and 13th overall ... but I really don't understand the "never root against your team" crowd. Seems short sighted.

it's how I was raised...you don't wish for a loss....it's just not right....

On 12/26/2018 at 2:49 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Being honest...a loss where the game was fun to watch with Allen having some nice moments.  

Josh is just a lot of fun to watch, so I will enjoy that part of the game.  But a loss would be more valuable to this team this offseason, there are a lot of teams bunched up in the standings.

We are currently in a tie for 7th, so not sure if we would pick 7th or 8th officially (although shows us at 7).  However, a win could and most likely would drop us out of the the 10 and as far down as 13th.  And Giants and Lions only have 1 less win.  So if we lose and they won, we could also move up another spot or two possibly to as high as 5th with a loss.  

So a win or loss could be the difference in picking as high as 5th or as low as 13th (depending on other outcomes and what the tie breakers would be).  Thats a big spread...give me the loss, its too important to our draft slotting.  

I was just reading if the Jets somehow we're able to beat the Patriots and we lost they would jump us for 3rd in the division. Jets are currently slotted 3rd in the draft. How that scenario would shake out would depend on the teams in front of us. Possible for a top 5 pick the way I see it.

2 hours ago, JBacks said:

I was just reading if the Jets somehow we're able to beat the Patriots and we lost they would jump us for 3rd in the division. Jets are currently slotted 3rd in the draft. How that scenario would shake out would depend on the teams in front of us. Possible for a top 5 pick the way I see it.

I think the highest we can draft is 5th if I am not mistaken.  And the lowest we can draft is 13th.  

Right now it shows us in a tie with TB for 7th and us having the tie breaker and picking 7th.  If we lose, we will maybe pick 5th, 6th, or 7th depending on if either or both of the teams ahead of us lose and who would then win those tie breakers.

Now if they both lose and so do we, I am not sure where we pick because we would be in a tie with them for 5th and not sure what the tie breaker would look like.  So it’s possible that they both have tie breaker over us and 7th is actually highest we can pick.  

Same if we win.  Record wise, 13th would be lowest, but again tie breakers come up and could pick a little lower like 10 through 12 again depending on how other teams do and what the tie breaker would determine.

Bottom line, if we lose we won’t pick any worse than 7th.  If we win, we will pick in double digits and could be as low as 13th.  Could be as much as an 8 slot swing between winning and losing (depending on other teams too and who has tie breaker advantages).

Edited by Alphadawg7

for the love of god.. WIN WIN for Kyle Williams

WIN!

to make friendly or favorable to oneself or to one's cause                                                      

Edited by PrimeTime101

On 12/28/2018 at 12:13 PM, row_33 said:

Really? There’s a big diff between 8th and 16th place?

picking top 3 makes a big diff

Our range, I’m pretty sure, is 4th to 12th, which is a big difference IMO. 

That being said, now that KW is playing his last game I’m throwing my rational reasoning out the window.