12-26: ESPN's Todd McShay & The Draft Network's Trevor Sikkema Talk 2019 NFL Draft Prospects on WGR

26CornerBlitz

12-26: ESPN's Todd McShay Talks 2019 NFL Draft Prospects with Howard on WGR (11:57)

Topics of discussion included the 1st round being loaded with defensive prospects.  Howard asked about positions of interest to the Bills including DL, OT, and WR.  At the end of the segment they discussed Josh Allen's rookie season to date and what McShay thinks of him. 

12-26: Trevor Sikkema with Schopp & Sal on WGR (21:04)

.@TampaBayTre joins Schopp & Sal now to talk some 2019 NFL Draft, Josh Allen, and Tyree Jackson!

Sikkema - If Dwayne Haskins (Ohio State) declares, you're going to have multiple teams fighting to draft him. Not sure that'll be worth the investment like it was last year.

Sikkema on the rookie QBs - It's really been best case scenario. Baker Mayfield has changed the culture in Cleveland. Darnold has been fine. I think he's shown progression. Josh Allen had struggles early on, but he's learned on the fly and rolled with some punches.

Sikkema - Josh Rosen is tough. Basically no offensive line in front of him. He shows flashes at times, but it's been a rough year for him.

Sikkema - Since Lamar Jackson has taken over, they've built a good offense around him. They'll start to make things a little more complicated for him.

Sikkema on LB Josh Allen - This year they had Josh Allen just go off the edge and be a straight pass rusher this year. He was great. I'd hope they wouldn't pass on him just because he has the same name as the QB.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Thank you (+1) 2

There are a number of players at the top of the first round who are regarded as great prospects by a consensus of draft prognosticators.  If McShay is wrong, then everybody is wrong.  As they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

12-26: ESPN's Todd McShay Talks 2019 NFL Draft Prospects with Howard on WGR (11:57)

Topics of discussion included the 1st round being loaded with defensive prospects.  Howard asked about positions of interest to the Bills including DL, OT, and WR.  At the end of the segment they discussed Josh Allen's rookie season to date and what McShay thinks of him. 

Too funny, when Howard comments that Robert Foster has been a nice find at WR and Zay had improved in year 2 McShay says those should be your #3 and #4 WRs.

I appreciated too that he mentioned that Allen, does not have a good supporting cast, the o-line needs to be improved, and that Allen has been carrying the offense and should not have been asked to do that as a rookie.

I don't mind Allen getting the reps with a terrible supporting cast around him as long as he stays healthy and can keep progressing as a QB. I can't wait for OBD to make upgrades and build around him this off season so he can see more success - also being able to trust and utilize other capable players on offense will help curb that side of Josh that tries to do too much, and will help him grow as a better manager of the game.

I guess even those outside our the Bills org can see what is plain to see.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 12-26: ESPN's Todd McShay & The Draft Network's Trevor Sikkema Talk 2019 NFL Draft Prospects on WGR

12-26: Trevor Sikkema with Schopp & Sal on WGR (21:04)

.@TampaBayTre joins Schopp & Sal now to talk some 2019 NFL Draft, Josh Allen, and Tyree Jackson!

Sikkema - If Dwayne Haskins (Ohio State) declares, you're going to have multiple teams fighting to draft him. Not sure that'll be worth the investment like it was last year.

Sikkema on the rookie QBs - It's really been best case scenario. Baker Mayfield has changed the culture in Cleveland. Darnold has been fine. I think he's shown progression. Josh Allen had struggles early on, but he's learned on the fly and rolled with some punches.

Sikkema - Josh Rosen is tough. Basically no offensive line in front of him. He shows flashes at times, but it's been a rough year for him.

Sikkema - Since Lamar Jackson has taken over, they've built a good offense around him. They'll start to make things a little more complicated for him.

Sikkema on LB Josh Allen - This year they had Josh Allen just go off the edge and be a straight pass rusher this year. He was great. I'd hope they wouldn't pass on him just because he has the same name as the QB.

On 12/26/2018 at 2:33 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Examples?

Andre woodson. (You may have to look that one up because chances are you've never heard of this "potential first overall pick")

Aaron Maybin.

I could go on for days. 

Edited by peterpan