Roscoe Parrish Will Lead the Charge this Sunday Against Miami; Bills in Blue on Blue to Close Out the 2018 Season

26CornerBlitz

18 minutes ago, Reader said:

I agree,  I think the fact that he was our first pick of a draft caused him to have more scrutiny. If he had been a 4th round pick he would have been a steal.

Yeah, but that’s kinda the point.  We selected an undersized slot receiver with our top pick of that draft.  It was like Tavon Austin.  TD was a terrible GM.  

And roscoe was exciting but man, there seem like a million other Bills who were more deserving.

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

Parrish was actually a good player, and was light years better than any punt returner we currently have. He was also good as a reciever, especially in 2010 with Fitz. His biggest problem was he could never make it through a season 

In other words he was Goodwin.

For an underdog town that professes to like guys that overachieve, it always surprises me how much some go out of their way to slam Roscoe.  The guy gave it his all and played a big man's game with success notwithstanding his stature . . . while some of the keyboard jockeys here go out of their way to criticize the guy - even when he is going to lead the charge.

I wish we had Roscoe on this team.  He would be an upgrade over what we have.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

For an underdog town that professes to like guys that overachieve, it always surprises me how much some go out of their way to slam Roscoe.  The guy gave it his all and played a big man's game with success notwithstanding his stature . . . while some of the keyboard jockeys here go out of their way to criticize the guy - even when he is going to lead the charge.

Most posters keyboard jockeys slam nearly every guy we've had in the last 20 years.  Outside of a few players (Kyle Williams and Fred Jackson), this board is filled with hate. Even in Fred's last year, people couldn't wait to proclaim his career was over, much like I've seen on here for the past five years with Kyle.  It's almost like they get gleeful about it.

Kinda depressing that this Sunday is it until September. I'd love to see a high octane game, and hopefully McDermott and daboll have a few tricks up their sleeves for the home fans, but I won't hold my breathe. Although, it does feel good that we have what seems to be our quarterback. 

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

Parrish was actually a good player, and was light years better than any punt returner we currently have. He was also good as a reciever, especially in 2010 with Fitz. His biggest problem was he could never make it through a season 

He was a horrible draft choice. That year we had traded away our first round pick and that little shrimp was, although a second round pick, our first selection in that draft.

Sadly, it would not be the last time we wasted a high pick for an all but useless gadget player.

47 minutes ago, Peter said:

For the 5 games he was healthy.  The guy had 1,500 receiving yards in 8 seasons!  That’s awful for a 2nd round pick.

tough, little dude and he gets a ton of props for making the nfl. Total respect.  Still an awful pick by a guy Ralph let completely ruin this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Ha, was gonna say we’re looking a little desperate here.

But I’d say Ko Simpson gets a look before Lankster does. Ko’s worth millions!!

Maybe they should have Victor Allotey and Marcus Spriggs lead the charge together.

Nah, never mind. The flag would fall and injure the quarterback.

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Kinda depressing that this Sunday is it until September. I'd love to see a high octane game, and hopefully McDermott and daboll have a few tricks up their sleeves for the home fans, but I won't hold my breathe. Although, it does feel good that we have what seems to be our quarterback. 

I do agree with this.  There have been some stinkers this year but it does suck it’s another season down.  They go so fast. ?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Steptide said:

As I said, if I was a betting man I would place a very large wager on the Bills. Seriously.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

He's from the U and his name is Roscoe. Do the math.

Parrish was a fun player to watch when he had the ball in space. Overdrafted, but that's not his fault. TD sucked.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I know just what you mean.  It was apparent this season was over on Week 1 for anyone paying attention.  It's been a lost season and it hardly feels like we've had one.  And now it's almost over.

Here's to hoping for better things in 2019.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

As I said, if I was a betting man I would place a very large wager on the Bills. Seriously.

Agreed. We always seem to win these meaningless games that could hurt our draft stock. Opponents suddenly start missing field goals, fumbles bounce our way. It's crazy really.

• Like (+1) 1