Model train set goes through house then out to pool and garden

ChevyVanMiller

7 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Wonder how long it took him to lay all the tracks? 

Did you see the dirty underwear under the bed? 

LoL... It doesn't matter... Chinese Coolies and Irish/Italian Immigrants laid those tracks.

Gee, my mom would have been impressed.

It does kinda look like taking a train into a "city" with all that stuff around?  Is that underwear from a hobo @ Union Station in Chicago?  ? Way to keep it real... But still abstract!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

Lego looks easier for that than the old Lionel stuff that I had as a kid.   Lego ain’t cheap. Looks like a pretty nice house, so I guess he can afford it.  I always think the fun is in the building of the layout. Once it works and you run the train around it a few times, then what?

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I feel like the Hotwheels tracks I put together the last few days are the equivalent of this train track.

I used to like to make the Hotwheels track start someplace high, like on a dresser or something, and then see if I could make it go over chairs, into the next room, down the hall, etc.  I did it “for my kids” and sometimes I would even let them use it.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't know anything about model trains but I'm going to guess you can't run a set up that large without multiple transformers feeding power 

It appears to be a battery powered Lego train set. No transformers needed.

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't know anything about model trains but I'm going to guess you can't run a set up that large without multiple transformers feeding power 

It's lego; the power source is in the engine itself (battery).  The track is plastic with no electricity running through it.

That's a great setup! 

4 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

Lego looks easier for that than the old Lionel stuff that I had as a kid.   Lego ain’t cheap. Looks like a pretty nice house, so I guess he can afford it.  I always think the fun is in the building of the layout. Once it works and you run the train around it a few times, then what?

I used to like to make the Hotwheels track start someplace high, like on a dresser or something, and then see if I could make it go over chairs, into the next room, down the hall, etc.  I did it “for my kids” and sometimes I would even let them use it.

Lego is expensive and that guy has a mile of track; the whole time I was thinking how much money he has invested in extra track lengths.

Lego trains are totally fun and cool; if you have kids check 'em out!

They actually have a large adult following as well.

This is one of the all time great Lego trains IMO: the "Emerald Night."

I have this one; long discontinued but you can still buy them at fairly reasonable prices.

3485102926_3c5e785092_o.jpg

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Very impressive.  Hard to imagine that much track, all on ground level.  Sooner of later that will have to be "moved" to cut/clean the surfaces under the track.  IN/OUT in WNY wouldn't work very well considering outside temps, snow etc., but still very impressive.

That's my first thought.  I noticed the palm trees.  How the heck do they clean, walk.  It's like a clutter-zone.  See all the boxes.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

All those boxes packed up are probably his wife moving out. 

Yep!  LMAO!