Where would we be if we still had Cogs and Wood?

22 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I think the running game and Allen would have been better and of course Allen would have been protected a little better,but not better enough to win no more than maybe 3 more games IMO. I think they still would have had problems with the WRs. We will never know.

Agree.  The biggest loss for this team without those two linemen was the Run game.  If we had a better run game and put the game on Shady's shoulders, may be Allen develops a little more better.

The number of threads with the "bring back Richie" theme is disheartening on so many levels.  How can I say this?  RICHIE WENT ***** NUTS!!!  HE WOULD BE COMPLETELY ***** USELESS ON THE BILLS!!!  STOP WITH THE WHERE THE ***** WOULD WE BE IF THE BILLS HADN'T CUT/LET GO/LOWBALLED/*****/SCREWED, ETC. RICHIE!!!  It was his CHOICE to leave, shortly after which he went ***** NUTS!!!  

There, I feel better.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The number of threads with the "bring back Richie" theme is disheartening on so many levels.  How can I say this?  RICHIE WENT ***** NUTS!!!  HE WOULD BE COMPLETELY ***** USELESS ON THE BILLS!!!  STOP WITH THE WHERE THE ***** WOULD WE BE IF THE BILLS HADN'T CUT/LET GO/LOWBALLED/*****/SCREWED, ETC. RICHIE!!!  It was his CHOICE to leave, shortly after which he went ***** NUTS!!!  

There, I feel better.

Good for you It is necessary once in a while.  As to what you said, this isnt a bring back Richie thread.  You are really missing the point.

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Good for you It is necessary once in a while.  As to what you said, this isnt a bring back Richie thread.  You are really missing the point.

Let me be more direct.  The Bills would be nowhere because Wood would likely be seriously injured and Richie couldn't play because of his mental issues.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/25/2018 at 11:17 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

This is false.  I mean every word of this is false.  It’s amazing to me this mythological false narrative fans have with a “fuzzy” memory to say the least.  I see it repeated around here so much and it literally makes no sense.

Why are you surprised?

Yiddish/German word for crap, garbage, trash, etc. The kind of sh!t that you don't want to step in, and if you do, you'll be walking funny for the next two blocks in an attempt to scrape it off your shoe.

On 12/25/2018 at 7:40 AM, formerlyofCtown said:

For all the complainers that want McBeane gone, have you thought about where we would be if we still had our two Pro-Bowl Olineman.  

Maybe Im wrong but I think with those two Allen doesnt get injured in the Texans game.  So at the least he would have won that game I believe and would have gotten more on field experience.

I also believe our run game would have been much better.

Best case senerio we may have actually had a shot at the division title.

The only down side may have been we may not have gotten Anderson and Barkley.  There is no way to tell how much hes learned from them.  Also I believe we have a long term viable backup in Barkley.

They had no way of knowing they would lose those two Oline and to ask them to replace those guys in a single off season is obserd.  Its amazing that there are some that cant put this season in perspective.  

We have had coach after coach that had their players underachieving and now we have one that I believe gets his team to overachieve and people want to get rid of him.  Im very excited about this teams potential goin forward as they seem to actually develope talent and motivate players.  I do believe it would have been easier to see it with Cogs and Wood still on the line.

The reason is because these are trash excuses. These things happen in the NFL. Guys retire. Guys who have previously been problematic become problematic again. Nobody's going to feel sorry for us or give us extra wins or points or players because this happens. Adjustments have to be made.

I apologize if this is going to be a spoiler alert for some of you...but something unexpected will happen this offseason. Not everything will go as planned. There will also be injuries next season. The Bills also knew about Eric Wood in January. This excuse that's put out there that they were "blindsided" is so laughable. They basically had the entire offseason to account for and plan for a replacement. Incognito was going on 35 years old, even if he was coming back for this season, that's not a guy for a rebuilding team that can be counted on as being part of the future. I would have basically planned as if he didn't even exist because we needed a replacement anyway. 

And if it's absurd to expect them to bring in 2 viable o-linemen in one offseason...how are we expected to get at least 3 legitimate starters and solid depth in this one? It's a little scary that they've already had 2 offseasons and the o-line is in complete shambles. We have one adequate starter in Dawkins and they're hoping Teller can be one, but we don't know that yet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If Cordy and Eric were healthy along with a focused Richie, we would've at least had a OL capable of protecting Josh better and squeezing a few more yards out of Shady. Right now Dawkins is our best olineman and that's not saying much. OL/WR will have to be aggressively addressed this offseason.

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Let me be more direct.  The Bills would be nowhere because Wood would likely be seriously injured and Richie couldn't play because of his mental issues.  

Well duh.  They arent here because of those things so let me be more direct since you dont realise that it is infered.

What would the season have been like if Wood didnt have a neck injury and Incognito didnt lose it?  There do you understand now?

And if you have a problem with the idea of it then get off my thread.

36 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What would Arizoma’s Record be if they didn’t have 7 OL on IR?  ?

and how how do we know if RI was on the team, he won’t have gone crazy and caused major problems?

May have been better and you could be right.  But at the same time I could say that we would make the SB at 18-0.  That wouldnt be very probable though.  Much like it would be more likely that our offense would be much better.

You guys really dont like it when someone brings up a valid point that craps all over your crusade.

13 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

May have been better and you could be right.  But at the same time I could say that we would make the SB at 18-0.  That wouldnt be very probable though.  Much like it would be more likely that our offense would be much better.

You guys really dont like it when someone brings up a valid point that craps all over your crusade.

What crusade?  I’d argue if we had a qb who simply didn’t make any mistakes, we could have a better record.  

I think we got all we could get out of RI.  This was his longest period of non “crazy.” Dude is a ticking time bomb and he exploded. Also given his age, he could have started his decline.  

If your team is that affected by an old G and C, your team isn’t that good. 

20 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Well duh.  They arent here because of those things so let me be more direct since you dont realise that it is infered.

What would the season have been like if Wood didnt have a neck injury and Incognito didnt lose it?  There do you understand now?

RI always loses it and Wood struggled with injuries through his career.  

How about this one: what would the Bilal record be if they just selected JuJu instead of Jones and Mahomes instead of White? ????

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

This topic has been discussed ad nauseum in myriad other threads, and it has grown tiresome.  Peace out.

On 12/25/2018 at 3:20 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Yikes! There are a ton of sob stories on here. The Bills has virtually ZERO injuries on either side of the line of scrimmage throughout the entire season. There are teams around the league having to make personnel decisions on a weekly basis. Whereas the Bills saw a starting CB RETIRE during a game, then traded away their #1 WR, and cut their opening day QB. Yea....I’m sure this mess was due to an old Offensive Guard retiring!  Sheeesh

Excuse makers are going to make excuses.

It's what they do.

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What crusade?  I’d argue if we had a qb who simply didn’t make any mistakes, we could have a better record.  

I think we got all we could get out of RI.  This was his longest period of non “crazy.” Dude is a ticking time bomb and he exploded. Also given his age, he could have started his decline.  

If your team is that affected by an old G and C, your team isn’t that good. 

RI always loses it and Wood struggled with injuries through his career.  

How about this one: what would the Bilal record be if they just selected JuJu instead of Jones and Mahomes instead of White? ????

It would be much better.  Why would I argue with that its a valid point.  We are where we are at and I dont fault McBeane for the way things have turned out.  I believe he has made some good choices and we are headed in the right direction.  He got blind sided with the Oline situation.  That is the reality of it and he couldnt get guys to come here with TT as the QB.

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

This topic has been discussed ad nauseum in myriad other threads, and it has grown tiresome.  Peace out.

Buy.  Get off my lawn.

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

It would be much better.  Why would I argue with that its a valid point.  We are where we are at and I dont fault McBeane for the way things have turned out.  I believe he has made some good choices and we are headed in the right direction.  He got blind sided with the Oline situation.  That is the reality of it and he couldnt get guys to come here with TT as the QB.

Buy.  Get off my lawn.

I'm selling.

• Like (+1) 1