Where would we be if we still had Cogs and Wood?

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well..if this theory is true then there’s no reason to focus on anything other than the OLine in 2019. The rest of the many, many offensive problems (WR, TE, RB, and QB) were all self inflicted wounds by this Front Office and Coaching staff.

Hold on bud.  I didnt say SB bound.  You see this is what you people do.  You take a logical assesment and make your response to the extreme.  You people only make yourselves look bad.  You dont address what was said with any thing of substance.  I think we could use another WR and We have our starter and back up at QB so with that you lost any credibility.  Our Oline with those two probably produces better results.  But I would like to see a Young RB and WR after the Oline is addressed.  Dont forget to let me know when Josh passes for less than 100 in multiple games as a QB, because we made the playoffs with a QB who did that in the same season.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...good point.....safe to say it was an unanticipated speed bump......perhaps could have weathered one, but TWO was steep.....I'd also ask that despite coming off injury, was Cordy Glenn the right trade bait to move up?  that's 3/5 of your OL...not sure if Castillo was equipped to deal with that type of upheaval as well.....he had started 12 straight for the Bengals until his back flared up....division title may be a stretch principally due to the WR & TE corp.....then again, restoring 3/5 of your OL may make the run game better, giving Josh more time to hopefully find receivers......all "shoulda...coulda...woulda...water over the dam" but an interesting topic...so we forge ahead...

It may also keep Your starting TE and WR from checking out.  I dont think those 2 lost much skill wise.  I think they saw a raw Rookie QB and didnt put in the effort.  I expect both to play well where ever they end up next season.

They may have even wanted out.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

5 hours ago, Peter said:

This is a good argument for . . . not initiating a pay cut for one of these guys and doing a better job of replacing the other (who you knew would not be coming back the first week of the off season).

Cordy was a huge loss also.

I do agree with your stance on Richie and believe they may be part of what messed up his head.  They made it seem like he volunteered but I think he was given an ultimatum.  At least we got something in return (For Glenn).  With wood I think the NFL should give a comp pick for unexpected injury retirements.  Although I think the patriots would likely abuse it.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Hold on bud.  I didnt say SB bound.  You see this is what you people do.  You take a logical assesment and make your response to the extreme.  You people only make yourselves look bad.  You dont address what was said with any thing of substance.  I think we could use another WR and We have our starter and back up at QB so with that you lost any credibility.  Our Oline with those two probably produces better results.  But I would like to see a Young RB and WR after the Oline is addressed.  Dont forget to let me know when Josh passes for less than 100 in multiple games as a QB, because we made the playoffs with a QB who did that in the same season.

It may also keep Your starting TE and WR from checking out.  I dont think those 2 lost much skill wise.  I think they saw a raw Rookie QB and didnt put in the effort.  I expect both to play well where ever they end up next season.

They may have even wanted out.

,...been there done that....Lynch and Peters come to mind, right?.........

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Why do people keep saying he would've won that game. It took Peterman to come in to get any movement on offense. Think about how sad that is. Allen didn't look good in that game at all.

You could be correct. I just think Allen steps it up about ten notches in the fourth qtr with the game on the line.  That is one of the reasons I think he is legit.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

,...been there done that....Lynch and Peters come to mind, right?.........

I remember that, Peters didnt really want out Ralph was just cheap and clueless to the value of that position.  Both times the compensation was a joke.  The Patriots got more for Maroney than we got for Lynch. 

6 hours ago, Pablocruise said:

There were obvious salary cap ramifications to Wood and Incognito retiring, but,Bills had time to find replacements. Could Beane have done a better job filling those two spots?How much worse was the Bodine/Groy combo at center? Ducasse/Teller at LG?

There were obvious salary cap ramifications to Wood and Incognito retiring, but,Bills had time to find replacements. Could Beane have done a better job filling those two spots?How much worse was the Bodine/Groy combo at center? Ducasse/Teller at LG?

They did, but probowl Olin dont grow on trees and cost a lot of Cap dollars.

6 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If we kept Robert Woods at least Allen would have one WR to throw to.

Woods, Foster, McKenzie not bad actually.  Woods has great hands and awareness.  I was disgusted when they let him go.  He was our version of Reggie Wayne.  A lot better than the stats suggested, especially if you watched him play.

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

A Little crazier and a lot better 

I wonder what Cogs would have done to Anderson in retaliation for Hauschka.  I bet if Richie is on the line it doesnt even happen.

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Actually one of my big criticisms of them this season was that they didn’t seem to alter their plan at all when they lost those two.  I hate seeing the OL largely ignored.  It would’ve been bad enough in a typical season, but it was inexcusable in a season where they were going to trot out a raw rookie to run a vertical passing game.  A solid OL that could give him time and take pressure off of him by opening up the running game was the most important thing they could’ve done for Allen.  But they had a plan to get their QB, their cornerstone LB and and fix the defense and they executed it despite the changing conditions of the offense. The lack of talent at WR didn’t help either. They’ve got to fix it this offseason. 

I know people dont want to hear it but "Trust the Process".  Build the D, get your line set(this is where it got messed up), built your Offense to be high powered.  We watch team after team do it but people wonder what the process is.  That isnt all of what it is but its the blue print.

4 hours ago, fansince88 said:

It has been said here 100Xs Woods did not want to be here

True

4 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Can you blame him, he had to play with Taylor as QB for his time with the Bills.

That is where things will be different this offseason and hopefully a even more the one after next.

4 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If we kept Robert Woods at least Allen would have one WR to throw to.

Im surprised no one has blamed this on McBeane.

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

That is where things will be different this offseason and hopefully a even more the one after next.

Im surprised no one has blamed this on McBeane.

I think even those of us who don't believe in Beane realize he wasn't going to be able to keep him in Buffalo with the LOS ANGELES Rams highly interested. 

Not gonna bash the guy for something that wasn't his fault.

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think even those of us who don't believe in Beane realize he wasn't going to be able to keep him in Buffalo with the LOS ANGELES Rams highly interested. 

Not gonna bash the guy for something that wasn't his fault.

Beane wasnt the GM at the time.  So yup it definitely wasnt his fault

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I hated/hate the Star signing so that tends to shape my opinion on the 2018 off season. Not sure who was available at OL other than Bodine(who may actually be serviceable at C) and Funkhouser(who's trash.) Probably could have allocated the Star resources better(much better). We'll see what happens this offseason. I'm not willing to give these guys 5 years. 3 years is plenty to figure it out.

So if they dont do it in 3 years your going to walk into One Bills Drive and fire Beane?

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yikes! There are a ton of sob stories on here. The Bills has virtually ZERO injuries on either side of the line of scrimmage throughout the entire season. There are teams around the league having to make personnel decisions on a weekly basis. Whereas the Bills saw a starting CB RETIRE during a game, then traded away their #1 WR, and cut their opening day QB. Yea....I’m sure this mess was due to an old Offensive Guard retiring!  Sheeesh

You got a tight grip on those straws.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not true at all. They could have gone after Andrew Norwell instead of paying the money they did for Star and/or Trent Murphy. 

And then we would bit ch about our D an how McBeane should be fired.  Especially since we have a D minded coach.  It was a no win senerio.  They will be in a much better position depending on how FAs view Allen going forward.  I believe other players will have a positive outlook on where hes going.

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

So if they dont do it in 3 years your going to walk into One Bills Drive and fire Beane?

No. I'll take to the internet and offer my unsolicited opinion that it's time for a change. You would likely be grasping at straws for the latest excuse du jour. That's kind of the point of this very message board; an opportunity for fans to voice views that mean virtually nothing in the grand scheme of things.

My hope is that we're talking about results this time next year and not excuses OR firings.

4 hours ago, Peter said:

Who thought it was a great idea to initiate a pay cut with one of our few all pro players?

I think they believed he would take it and they were correct.  I believed it was something he volunteered to do but I do wonder if it was voluntary now.

4 hours ago, Moonzoo said:

I did not know McBeane deliberately decided not to get Norwell, or that Norwell was guaranteed to come here if they had.  That puts a new light on things. 

The other posters forgot to tell you so I will.

There appearantly are unwritten NFL rules.

1.FA have no choice of whether they sign here the rule appearantly states that if Buffalo offers a contract you are automatically signed.

2.All players fit every offense run in Buf.

3.If a player doesnt earn All Pro honors in his first 2 years he is a bust.

There are many others but its Christmas and im with family.  Its a long list.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Nathan Peterman would have gone to the pro-bowl. The Bills would have won the division.

...And the Bills would have drafted Tom Brady in the 5th... assuming the time machine continues to work after the initial testing phase.

Nice empty take.  Glad to see you know nothing.