Week 16: Bills vs. Patriots All-22 Coaches Film Reviews

26CornerBlitz

On 12/25/2018 at 12:24 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

They were also gashed by Patterson on jet sweeps with to the right side of the defense with outside contain being lost. 

For sure - Lorax showed he still has the ability to identify those sweeps, but has lost a step in his years in getting there. Milano usually is able to get good initial contact/pressure on those sweeps as well allowing the rest to converge to the ball effectively. 

I think the All-22 references that too, where the Pats ran the same run play against the first time and were stuffed much more than they were last week, primarily due to Milano. Beyond this one game though we've needed LB depth since the beginning of the season. It may not be as pressing a need as is another pass rusher or DB2, but we're very prone to being gouged on the run without Milano and until Edmunds develops into his role more in the next two seasons. 

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I know Allen didn't play his best game, but I feel like everyone had the same take away of "if only he had some help." But I feel like saying Allen was bad isn't fair if that's the reaction you're also having? Might just be me, but with an OL and a few throws being caught I feel we have a very different, better, takeaway from Allen's game. Not sure what Thad is getting at there exactly.

Edited by ctk232

21 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

For sure - Lorax showed he still has the ability to identify those sweeps, but has lost a step in his years in getting there. Milano usually is able to get good initial contact/pressure on those sweeps as well allowing the rest to converge to the ball effectively. 

I think the All-22 references that too, where the Pats ran the same run play against the first time and were stuffed much more than they were last week, primarily due to Milano. Beyond this one game though we've needed LB depth since the beginning of the season. It may not be as pressing a need as is another pass rusher or DB2, but we're very prone to being gouged on the run without Milano and until Edmunds develops into his role more in the next two seasons. 

I know Allen didn't play his best game, but I feel like everyone had the same take away of "if only he had some help." But I feel like saying Allen was bad isn't fair if that's the reaction you're also having? Might just be me, but with an OL and a few throws being caught I feel we have a very different, better, takeaway from Allen's game. Not sure what Thad is getting at there exactly.

I think Allen had both good and bad moments in the game definitely not his best. I'd say the big thing was the Bills didn't capitalize on his good moments while the Patriots had no problem taking advantage of his bad.

While not expected to be a Kyle Williams-type pass-rusher, Star Lotulelei has performed much better in all aspects for the Buffalo Bills over the last half of the regular season than he did in the first half of it.

After registering a pressure of Tom Brady in Week 16's loss to the New England Patriots, the free-agent acquisition has three consecutive games with at least one quarterback pressure. He's created a pressure on three of his last 37 pass-rush attempts, good for a 8.1 percent pressure rate. In his first three contests as a member of the Bills, Lotulelei recorded two pressures on 58 pass-rush snaps, which equates to a 3.4 percent pressure rate.

at New England Star Lotulelei Trent Murphy Harrison Phillips Jordan Phillips
Pressures/Pass-rush snaps 1/13 0/12 0/8 1/5
Impact tackles 0 0 0 1
Missed tackles 0 0 0 1

All-22 Analysis: Where Was Star Lotulelei?

EXfi0NMI?format=jpg&name=600x314

The Buffalo Bills lost to the New England Patriots this past Sunday, which isn’t exactly anything new. And just like he always does, Tom Brady tore apart the Bills with his arm going 12-for-24, for 126 yards. He had one touchdown through the air and two interceptions. Brady’s 48.3 passer rating was light years ahead of Brian Hoyer’s 39.6. Hoyer attempted one pass in garbage time when Brady was pulled for his safety. If you’re curious, the pass was incomplete. Yep. Good Ol’ Touchdown Tom did it again. I doubt the 273 rushing yards the Patriots had were a major factor. Let’s um, check in on our run-stopping defensive tackle Star Lotulelei. For no particular reason at all.

WARNING: Since many people are on vacation, I assumed you all have plenty of time for extra studying this week.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz