Finally had a chance to watch the game....blaming Josh for this? Really?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

The object is to get 1st downs. Josh did everything he could to convert on that next play and McKenzie blew it. 

Foster yes. Zay no.  

No one is disputing the McKenzie drop. I am referring to the 2nd down play where Allen should have thrown the ball to McCoy. 

I’ve noticed that some fans have a lower standard than others when it comes to Josh Allen...they compare him to previous Bills QB’s instead of where he needs to be to be among the best in the league...therefore, the bar is set very low for him and they can’t understand how people don’t see how great he is performing.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’ve noticed that some fans have a lower standard than others when it comes to Josh Allen...they compare him to previous Bills QB’s instead of where he needs to be to be among the best in the league...therefore, the bar is set very low for him and they can’t understand how people don’t see how great he is performing.

True.

... and there are many posters on this board who repeatedly will be apologists for ANY QB the Bills bring in, until he too is on the scrapheap of poorly selected Bills QBs.

Josh Allen has little potential that I can see, as his accuracy is just so bad: they selected a QB with a number of attributes and measurables except the ability to complete passes.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

True.

... and there are many posters on this board who repeatedly will be apologists for ANY QB the Bills bring in, until he too is on the scrapheap of poorly selected Bills QBs.

Josh Allen has little potential that I can see, as his accuracy is just so bad: they selected a QB with a number of attributes and measurables except the ability to complete passes.

I think Allen showed more potential then most people thought. I think Allen survives McDermott, we have been so out coached in so many games, I have little faith in his ability to develop a QB. Allen might not be the answer but McDermott certainly isn’t. 

1 hour ago, Socal-805 said:

True.

If all you go by is completion percentage, you won’t see much. 

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

One of his issues is not taking the easy checkdown on early downs that has been there for him as Bruce Arians noted on Sunday.  This is a pattern with him that makes it harder to sustain drives that lead to points being scored. 

Yeah he will need to learn to take some of those but that was not going to change the outcome of the football game.  With zero run game the Bills were not going to win by methodically dinking and dunking down the field against the all in the box coverages the Pats used.  Patriots took away Allen's run lanes and played tight coverage and the opening was throws 1/1 down field  Allen game his guys numerous looks to take advantage and they all failed to make a play. Its funny coming from Bruce Arians since Andrew Luck under Arians always held the football and pushed it downfield.  Allen strength is to push the football  Once we get players that can compete for the football and actually catch routine balls with their hands and not have them bounce of their numbers  things will look better.  Bottom line is the Bills were in the game if one or two of the 4 or 5 opportunities Allen out there were capitalized in by his team mates..    

5 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

Allen not reason for loss. nor win.

42 % completion rate is just not going to cut it.  He's not the answer.  I wish he was.

Takes 2 to tango here.....and Josh is basically the reason why there is ANY offense on the team....which is a hard position for a rookie to be in

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Takes 2 to tango here.....and Josh is basically the reason why there is ANY offense on the team....which is a hard position for a rookie to be in

Yes,  It's unfair to him.  

Buffalo is # 31 in total yards offense. 

Missing Shady a lot here...

• Like (+1) 1

The silly rookie playing his first game against BB, on the road, while they were trying to secure a playoff bye, kept trying to throw the ball, when it was clear we could maybe get a yard or two trying to run it. 

ANY QB with ZERO run threat is virtually doomed. We all know this. We need OL, and receivers who can separate and actually catch the ball. 

I can’t wait until the day we don’t have to repeat this endlessly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1