Finally had a chance to watch the game....blaming Josh for this? Really?

2 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Brutally bad is way off imo. We have really nobody helping him besides foster who lost a perfectly placed bomb in the sun. Croom fumbles on a critical drive, thomas drops a td, i mean come on. We never win a 50/50 ball. He probably should have thrown for over 300 yesterday

Allen had his worst game since coming back IMO.  He was inaccurate way too often, he made some really bad decisions and he missed too many reads. His stats were helped by the garbage time QB drive. ESPN has him ranked second last in Total QBR this week with a 17 overall.  Only Kessler is behind him.  He was dead last in Unadjusted QBR. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Allen had his worst game since coming back IMO.  He was inaccurate way too often, he made some really bad decisions and he missed too many reads. His stats were helped by the garbage time QB drive. ESPN has him ranked second last in QBR this week with a 17 overall. Only Kessler is behind him. 

It was his first time against a coaching staff that prepped for him

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

It was his first time against a coaching staff that prepped for him

The network showed a stat on Belichick vs rookie QBs at home.  The stats were brutal and he’s never lost to one as the Pats coach.  No way should Allen have fared well today - and he sure didn’t.  I just don’t see how anyone is saying otherwise. 

Edited by BarleyNY

The Jets and Fish and Lions are total crap compared to the Pats for prep and adjustments, none of them were remotely ready for Allen chaotic runs for his life.

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

The network showed a stat on Belichick vs rookie QBs.  The stats were brutal and he’s never lost to one as the Pats coach.  No way should Allen have fared well today - and he sure didn’t.  I just don’t see how anyone is saying otherwise. 

Its why they won their 10th straight division, no other team does their homework like this one

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The Pats prep and make adjustments during the game, almost no other team does that, they were the first to put a spy on Allen.

I’m fairly certain the lions had a spy on him plenty. So did the fins. The fins were just awful with it though. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

The network showed a stat on Belichick vs rookie QBs at home.  The stats were brutal and he’s never lost to one as the Pats coach.  No way should Allen have fared well today - and he sure didn’t.  I just don’t see how anyone is saying otherwise. 

Yet despite all that we were 2 td drops from making this a competitive game

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Allen has not been very good this season. He is erratic, but sometimes brilliant in his play. It's averaging out to 175-200 yards passing per game, 1 TD, a low completion percentage, with turnovers. Frankly, isn't that exactly what he was at Wyoming?  

Now it goes beyond Allen of course, our running backs are slow. The Bills WRs are not real NFL players. They're largely undrafted training camp cuts being forced into starting. All that talk of Zay Jones taking meaningful steps forwards have stopped. 

I agree with Jeremy White, the Bills have dumpster dived on offense and this is the result. 

I don't see how fans can really measure "progress" with Allen or this offense. Are the Bills really getting more competitive week in and week out? When they win it's tight and low scoring, when they lose the offense can't muster more than 14-17 points. I guess it doesn't look like the Chargers game or Ravens game, but that largely went away after McDermott took control of the defense. 

The Dolphins stink. Allen threw 40 times against New England. Let's see if he can put up 300 yards and 2 TDs. That's the beginning of the bar. 

I get visions of pass catchers catching the td passes they have flat dropped

that alone will look like improvement from josh allen

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Josh wasn't THE reason we lost. He was A reason though. It was not a good performance. 

No need to lose our minds over a rookie QB being made to look like a rookie QB by the greatest defensive cheating mind in the game. 

Bad day at the office and a learning experience. 

Fixed

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, that’s the part I hate. Allen is a rookie on a bad offense (the same people who picked him built this offense).  So he gets some slack.

But to pretend like other QBs won’t make plays with this ground is just silly.  Minus Moss, Brady made stars out of scrubs.  People used to talk about how terrible the Steelers and Seahawks oline were but Big Ben and Wilson still made plays and won.  Mahomes is missing his 2nd receiver, pro bowl rb, and still makes plays. Hell, Nick Mullen’s plays with crap and is a better passer.  

Allen does some great things.  But the excuses are so old.  Hopefully, we upgrade the oline and get Julio and AJ Green so we can stop with the excuse making.  

Merry Christams! 

Missing Hunt and Watkins. Basically their 3rd and 4th weapons in that offence behind Hill and Kelce. 

To show the difference of how big of a difference the chiefs weapons are from the bills, think of it this way.

Benjamin can barely get on the field for the Chiefs. And for the Bills he was their "number 1" receiver... And that's even WITH Watkins being out of the lineup.

And this is not even talking about the differences between the offensive lines and Andy Reid vs Daboll for offensive schemes.

Would I take Mahomes over Allen? Absolutely. But the supporting casts are night and day for these two young QBS.

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, but they completely commit to their franchise qb and got an innovative offensive coach.  We are going to keep the OC of the 31st ranked offense for continuity.

Pretty hard to implement your scheme with no running game.

A running game and one Hopkins type receiver and Ertz type TE and watch us roll up the W's.

Hell yeah, Josh Allen is part of the reason why we lost the game. 20 - 41 completions. Dude,  if Tom Brady/Russell Wilson/Cam Newton completed 20/41 completions in a game and lost that game, I would be criticizing them, too.

Even when we get better receivers and RB, Josh Allen will not hit the accuracy level of Russell Wilson and Tom Brady. Josh didn't show this at Wyoming AND he's not showing that right now.

He's a rookie. No kidding. Duh. But most of you guys anointed Josh Allen as the next Jim Kelly, Marino, and Elway. That's sad. You guys praise him like that then he will get criticized. No problem. On Josh Allen's best days (which I haven't seen yet), that's really Jim Kelly's bad games.

And I have given Josh Allen his props, but I know he's not the next Jim Kelly. Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold are way better right now than Josh Allen.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

The Pats prep and make adjustments during the game, almost no other team does that, they were the first to put a spy on Allen.

No they were not.  Detroit and Miami did as well.  Making adjustments in game is something all teams do.  It also has nothing to do with not preparing for him during the week.  Jesus man.

Edited by Scott7975

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

No they were not.  Detroit and Miami did as well.  Making adjustments in game is something all teams do.  It also has nothing to do with not preparing for him during the week.  Jesus man.

Barely any teams make useful adjustments.

they have their plan and if it doesn’t work out, they shrug and lose

Belichick is one of the greatest ever at real time effective adjustments

53 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Barely any teams make useful adjustments.

they have their plan and if it doesn’t work out, they shrug and lose

Belichick is one of the greatest ever at real time effective adjustments

I think you are right.  I’m amazed at the lack of adjustments. Maybe they decide more run versus pass, or more blitzing, or something simple like that, but I think most of the time  the adjustments are not as significant as people would like them to be. 

13 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

The guys had one job to catch the ball.  Josh and Daboll found the weaknesses.  And, we were let down by immature players in receiver roles who have given up or found excuses not to take hits or put themselves out there.  If I were Foster secondaries know if they hit me hard enough I’ll find a way to say I lost the ball instead of taking the hit.  A reason why he was on the practice squad.  Lots of the defensive call ups have helped and made impacts.  Foster being a “nice find” is realistically a trade value flip.  Along with Croom and Zay flip them for picks or teams that have a sucker in the front office they are there.  

Yup and then we have to get another WR and 1 and 2 TE.  We need another WR and TE already.  Croom is a viable #2 TE both are young and still developing.  They are going no where.  Zay actually had a decent game just not where I would like to see his level of play at next year.