Finally had a chance to watch the game....blaming Josh for this? Really?

12 minutes ago, timtebow15 said:

That was in response to a post pointing out how awful Allen's supporting cast is and has everything to do with his play.  Name a QB that could look good in this offense with players dropping TDs, no blocking, crap TEs - not even Brees would look like an NFL QB with these losers.  Allen is not the problem right now.

not sure, but our last QB did OK. people act recent Bill QBs had Julio Jones and Odell as targets before. it's been a long time since this organization has had any really game changers at the receiver position.

Just now, timtebow15 said:

I understand - my opinion of the oline is just way worse than some other people I think.  In all those examples there was a much offensive line than ours.   

Fair but qbs can make the oline look better or worse.  It was the whole RJ would get sacked every down and Flutie would never get sacked.  Brees makes his oline better.

i didn’t watch the all 22 but the tv guys were saying Allen was just missing open receivers.  It’s what happen to Taylor.  Misreads makes every one on the offense look worse.  

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

7-9 won't cut it in 2019 with it being year three of the McDermott-Beane regime. 

Trust the process! We will still rebuilding!

that said, if Allen is becoming a star type qb, that would buy them another year.

1 minute ago, 87168 said:

not sure, but our last QB did OK. people act recent Bill QBs had Julio Jones and Odell as targets before. it's been a long time since this organization has had any really game changers at the receiver position.

It’s also hard to say because our qbs have been so bad.  Woods is better in LA.  Sammy was off to the best start of his career before he got hurt.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s also hard to say because our qbs have been so bad.  Woods is better in LA.  Sammy was off to the best start of his career before he got hurt.  

no argument there. wholeheartedly agree.

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I’m stunned that anyone could feel good about what they saw from Josh Allen on Sunday. Yes, there were certainly times when he was let down by his surrounding cast.  And yes, he’s certainly shown things in previous games to give a guy hope.  Also he was going against Belichick who has destroyed rookie QBs throughout his career so the performance should be taken with a grain of salt. But last Sunday Allen was brutally bad.

Brutally bad is way off imo. We have really nobody helping him besides foster who lost a perfectly placed bomb in the sun. Croom fumbles on a critical drive, thomas drops a td, i mean come on. We never win a 50/50 ball. He probably should have thrown for over 300 yesterday

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

The Rams and Bears would beg to differ 

Yes, but the Rams and Bears did that in 2018.   As Bills fans we must use view things through the lens of an 80 year old fan that wants to have Vince Lombardi running power sweeps, and pretend free agency isn't a thing. 

Omg he wasn't good. He wasn't bad either. Do we want a QB that wasn't good though? You can watch a game a million times and whatever preconception you have before going in and watching it is going to tell you who's at fault every play. He ran a crap offense with crap personnel you don't need to rewatch it.

I'm still looking and can't find that crowd that's always blaming Allen. Anyone who watched yesterday knows his recievers didn't help him at all. He makes mistakes, and throws some bad interceptions at times, but overall, ive seen very little people thinking this team is bad because of Allen 

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm still looking and can't find that crowd that's always blaming Allen. Anyone who watched yesterday knows his recievers didn't help him at all. He makes mistakes, and throws some bad interceptions at times, but overall, ive seen very little people thinking this team is bad because of Allen 

C.biscuit

zip code

in this thread alone. Could find more

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, that’s the part I hate. Allen is a rookie on a bad offense (the same people who picked him built this offense).  So he gets some slack.

But to pretend like other QBs won’t make plays with this ground is just silly.  Minus Moss, Brady made stars out of scrubs.  People used to talk about how terrible the Steelers and Seahawks oline were but Big Ben and Wilson still made plays and won.  Mahomes is missing his 2nd receiver, pro bowl rb, and still makes plays. Hell, Nick Mullen’s plays with crap and is a better passer.  

Allen does some great things.  But the excuses are so old.  Hopefully, we upgrade the oline and get Julio and AJ Green so we can stop with the excuse making.  

Merry Christams! 

They are not old if they are true

and Ben r?  So much wrong with that example sir 

2 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

There were much worse culprits than Allen yesterday.  He continues to be the best player they have on offense.  He did commit two bad INT’s, but you really can’t fault him.

Also, I stand my claim that if Foster actually catches that long pass for a TD it’s a completely different game.

Why? Those were terrible throws and he deserves the blame. Those weren't hidden coverage or anything either. He did the same head scratching type stuff I'm college too. He has show some upside yes, but that doesn't mean you should absolve him of his mistakes.

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We need players that will fight for the ball or win the matchup when the GAME IS ON THE LINE.....you now......playmakers like Josh Allen....we need more Josh Allens at other positions

It's possible :)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/07/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-josh-allen/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Well it won't be the Goat either.

Didn't see many highlight reels on his game play. ;) 

But his run game could pound the ball right down our throats just like......well, not us......but maybe some other team with an actual run game. 

Allen has not been very good this season. He is erratic, but sometimes brilliant in his play. It's averaging out to 175-200 yards passing per game, 1 TD, a low completion percentage, with turnovers. Frankly, isn't that exactly what he was at Wyoming?  

Now it goes beyond Allen of course, our running backs are slow. The Bills WRs are not real NFL players. They're largely undrafted training camp cuts being forced into starting. All that talk of Zay Jones taking meaningful steps forwards have stopped. 

I agree with Jeremy White, the Bills have dumpster dived on offense and this is the result. 

I don't see how fans can really measure "progress" with Allen or this offense. Are the Bills really getting more competitive week in and week out? When they win it's tight and low scoring, when they lose the offense can't muster more than 14-17 points. I guess it doesn't look like the Chargers game or Ravens game, but that largely went away after McDermott took control of the defense. 

The Dolphins stink. Allen threw 40 times against New England. Let's see if he can put up 300 yards and 2 TDs. That's the beginning of the bar. 

This was actually exactly what I expected this year. And that’s a good thing. Lots of promise from Josh Allen. Mistakes across the board from JA and the rest of the team, but things that get fixed when the FO gets another draft and some free agents in here. 

Not sure how anyone can watch that game and not see the Pats on a decline and the Bills with actual promise. 

Merry Christmas all!

- Dubs