Finally had a chance to watch the game....blaming Josh for this? Really?

I’m stunned that anyone could feel good about what they saw from Josh Allen on Sunday. Yes, there were certainly times when he was let down by his surrounding cast.  And yes, he’s certainly shown things in previous games to give a guy hope.  Also he was going against Belichick who has destroyed rookie QBs throughout his career so the performance should be taken with a grain of salt. But last Sunday Allen was brutally bad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Allen was not bad.  Add those two TD drops and everyone would say he had a great day and the Bills probably win let along stupid Croom fumbling.  I don't know how everyone can't see Allen is leading the worst offense in football.  I feel sorry for the kid.  How many players on the Bills offense would start on most all other teams in the NFL?

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

What does any other player have to do with this subject that discusses Allen? 

More Insight with less incite ;) 

Just saying the kid played just as good if not better than TB.

3 minutes ago, timtebow15 said:

Allen was not bad.  Add those two TD drops and everyone would say he had a great day and the Bills probably win let along stupid Croom fumbling.  I don't know how everyone can't see Allen is leading the worst offense in football.  I feel sorry for the kid.  How many players on the Bills offense would start on most all other teams in the NFL?

At this point not even Shady.

1 minute ago, JMF2006 said:

More Insight with less incite ;) 

Just saying the kid played just as good if not better than TB.

At this point not even Shady.

That is insight that you're trying to change the subject to another player that has nothing to do with how Allen played in the game. Nice try though. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That is insight that you're trying to change the subject to another player that has nothing to do with how Allen played in the game. Nice try though. 

That was in response to a post pointing out how awful Allen's supporting cast is and has everything to do with his play.  Name a QB that could look good in this offense with players dropping TDs, no blocking, crap TEs - not even Brees would look like an NFL QB with these losers.  Allen is not the problem right now.

That was in response to a post pointing out how awful Allen's supporting cast is and has everything to do with his play.  Name a QB that could look good in this offense with players dropping TDs, no blocking, crap TEs - not even Brees would look like an NFL QB with these losers.  Allen is not the problem right now.

Zay Jones would be the highest drafted receiver on the Saints.  You don’t think Brees would be an upgrade?  That’s kinda crazy man.  

• Like (+1) 1

Still the honeymoon phase with Allen, that’s okay, but I’m not looking forward to all the 11-5 predictions with full arrogance here all offseason 

tons to to be proven before that happens 

1 hour ago, timtebow15 said:

Irrespective of his poor supporting cast it does not have everything to do with his play.  He has opportunities to make plays in every game and he does sometimes which begins with good decision making followed by use of his talent.  There are other times when he does not as expected with playing a rookie QB.  It's all part of his learning experience. 

We don't have to pretend he plays perfectly and would be doing great were it not for the players around him.  He went to Belichick school yesterday and he'll be better for the experience in the long run. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Zay Jones would be the highest drafted receiver on the Saints.  You don’t think Brees would be an upgrade?  That’s kinda crazy man.  

I didn't say he wouldn't be an upgrade but we wouldn't be going to the playoffs either.  The only reason we've had any offense the past few weeks in because of Allen.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Irrespective of his poor starting cast it does not have everything to do with his play.  He has opportunities to make plays in every game and he does sometimes that begins with good decision making followed by use of his talent.  There are other times when he does not as expected with playing a rookie QB.  It's all part of his learning experience. 

We don't have to pretend he plays perfectly and would be doing great were it not for the players around him.  He went to Belichick school yesterday and he'll be better for the experience in the long run. 

I'm not pretending he's perfect nor did I say that.  He's still a rookie of course but he's been much better than I expected.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Irrespective of his poor starting cast it does not have everything to do with his play.  He has opportunities to make plays in every game and he does sometimes that begins with good decision making followed by use of his talent.  There are other times when he does not as expected with playing a rookie QB.  It's all part of his learning experience. 

Yeah, that’s the part I hate. Allen is a rookie on a bad offense (the same people who picked him built this offense).  So he gets some slack.

But to pretend like other QBs won’t make plays with this ground is just silly.  Minus Moss, Brady made stars out of scrubs.  People used to talk about how terrible the Steelers and Seahawks oline were but Big Ben and Wilson still made plays and won.  Mahomes is missing his 2nd receiver, pro bowl rb, and still makes plays. Hell, Nick Mullen’s plays with crap and is a better passer.  

Allen does some great things.  But the excuses are so old.  Hopefully, we upgrade the oline and get Julio and AJ Green so we can stop with the excuse making.  

Merry Christams! 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Still the honeymoon phase with Allen, that’s okay, but I’m not looking forward to all the 11-5 predictions with full arrogance here all offseason 

tons to to be proven before that happens 

I would never predict that because they can't fix the offense in one offseason.  Next year I'd go with 7-9.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, that’s the part I hate. Allen is a rookie on a bad offense (the same people who picked him built this offense).  So he gets some slack.

But to pretend like other QBs won’t make plays with this ground is just silly.  Minus Moss, Brady made stars out of scrubs.  People used to talk about how terrible the Steelers and Seahawks oline were but Big Ben and Wilson still made plays and won.  Mahomes is missing his 2nd receiver, pro bowl rb, and still makes plays. Hell, Nick Mullen’s plays with crap and is a better passer.  

Allen does some great things.  But the excuses are so old.  Hopefully, we upgrade the oline and get Julio and AJ Green so we can stop with the excuse making.  

Merry Christams! 

I understand - my opinion of the oline is just way worse than some other people I think.  In all those examples there was a much offensive line than ours.