Finally had a chance to watch the game....blaming Josh for this? Really?

Girlfriend hates football......so on days when we both have a day off doing other stuff.....

Lucky for me I have NFL Game pass

OK so I did check in from time to time on my phone.....I saw the usual "ahem....suspects" tearing Josh Allen up in this game........so I was fully prepared to see a lot of inaccurate passes

Guys......come on please

There were by my count TWO touchdowns dropped in this game.......and when the pats got up they were running the ball down our throats and protecting Tom Brady in this game....those two touchdown drops could easily have changed the complex of this game.....other thoughts

That fumble by Croom also hurt

We still cannot run the ball to save our lives

Our special teams is so bad

Edmunds EASILY had his worst game as a bill from what I saw......Tremaine come on man I know the season is almost over but you gotta sell out dude....he had an opportunity to DESTROY Edlemen on that play where he scored because he was not down.......You gotta get in on that....and there was a lot more of that from Tremaine in this game

Allen had the two picks......and they were throws to receivers that you really cannot count on to fight for 50 50 balls...this is where Kelvin Benjamin not being the player we expected really hurts....we NEED that big physical wide out that will fight for contested balls.....if you look at all the other good NFL QBs they have that player on their roster.

There were also a lot of excellent throws by Allen in this game......it was not his BEST game but this is how it goes for rookies....the needle is up and down through the season and Josh Allen has NOTHING to help him out.......no running game to lean on.......pass blocking is inconsistant.......wide receivers that will not make plays

In the end.....improves our draft postion while giving our future QB another game of NFL experience

Not really understanding the ability of the patriots to dominate our D line like they are........I was very dissapointed in that

• Like (+1) 27
  • Thank you (+1) 15

I thought Josh played a fine game. Some of our ball catchers need to bring their A game to the table if you ask me. Charles Clay was hardly missed and Crooms had the critical fumble. Now I don't lament Crooms for putting forth maximum effort but know when to say when.

I'm a little worried about the diminutive nature of our receivers because they seem to get knicked up a bit too frequently. Could just be a bad coincidence. I know Beane will have a fresh fleet for Josh in 2019. Allens is making lemon out of lemonade but I suppose the numbers crowd have some gripes with his performance.

The Crooms fumble reminded me quite a bit of a Scott Chandler fumble many moons ago. He was also putting forth maximum effort but he coughed it up in similar fashion.

Give the young man an arsenal and the sky is the limit!

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

It’s good to have legit hope at QB for next season

You said it mister. Manuel was a good off field guy and did a heck of a lot for the community as did Edward but I never believed they could compete with the top enchiladas. Allen at the very least provides legitimate hope.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh wasn't THE reason we lost. He was A reason though. It was not a good performance. 

No need to lose our minds over a rookie QB being made to look like a rookie QB by the greatest defensive mind in the game. 

Bad day at the office and a learning experience. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We have our franchise QB and I'm glad it's got, Josh Allen. He's extremely talented, a leader, and more importantly, has the fire in his belly to win. Now it's time for Beane and McDermott to find and develop players that will make us consistent Super Bowl contenders.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Josh wasn't THE reason we lost. He was A reason though. It was not a good performance. 

No need to lose our minds over a rookie QB being made to look like a rookie QB by the greatest defensive mind in the game. 

Bad day at the office and a learning experience. 

Bart Starr couldn't have thrived under those circumstances playing the Boston boys.

I believe many of the young players on offense could be around, but lets face facts, some of them are not top tier and that's a nice way to put it.

The guys had one job to catch the ball.  Josh and Daboll found the weaknesses.  And, we were let down by immature players in receiver roles who have given up or found excuses not to take hits or put themselves out there.  If I were Foster secondaries know if they hit me hard enough I’ll find a way to say I lost the ball instead of taking the hit.  A reason why he was on the practice squad.  Lots of the defensive call ups have helped and made impacts.  Foster being a “nice find” is realistically a trade value flip.  Along with Croom and Zay flip them for picks or teams that have a sucker in the front office they are there.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

The guys had one job to catch the ball.  Josh and Daboll found the weaknesses.  And, we were let down by immature players in receiver roles who have given up or found excuses not to take hits or put themselves out there.  If I were Foster secondaries know if they hit me hard enough I’ll find a way to say I lost the ball instead of taking the hit.  A reason why he was on the practice squad.  Lots of the defensive call ups have helped and made impacts.  Foster being a “nice find” is realistically a trade value flip.  Along with Croom and Zay flip them for picks or teams that have a sucker in the front office they are there.  

The thing that is pretty maddening to me about Zay is he seems to do his best work when the game is lost.....anyone else notice that?

We need players that will fight for the ball or win the matchup when the GAME IS ON THE LINE.....you now......playmakers like Josh Allen....we need more Josh Allens at other positions

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Girlfriend hates football......so on days when we both have a day off doing other stuff.....

OK so I did check in from time to time on my phone.....I saw the usual "ahem....suspects" tearing Josh Allen up in this game........so I was fully prepared to see a lot of inaccurate passes

Guys......come on please

There were by my count TWO touchdowns dropped in this game.......and when the pats got up they were running the ball down our throats and protecting Tom Brady in this game....those two touchdown drops could easily have changed the complex of this game.....other thoughts

Edmunds EASILY had his worst game as a bill from what I saw......Tremaine come on man I know the season is almost over but you gotta sell out dude....he had an opportunity to DESTROY Edlemen on that play where he scored because he was not down.......You gotta get in on that....and there was a lot more of that from Tremaine in this game

Allen had the two picks......and they were throws to receivers that you really cannot count on to fight for 50 50 balls...this is where Kelvin Benjamin not being the player we expected really hurts....we NEED that big physical wide out that will fight for contested balls.....if you look at all the other good NFL QBs they have that player on their roster.

There were also a lot of excellent throws by Allen in this game......it was not his BEST game but this is how it goes for rookies....the needle is up and down through the season and Josh Allen has NOTHING to help him out.......no running game to lean on.......pass blocking is inconsistant.......wide receivers that will not make plays

In the end.....improves our draft postion while giving our future QB another game of NFL experience

Not really understanding the ability of the patriots to dominate our D line like they are........I was very dissapointed in that

My Christmas wish: have Santa give my girlfriend the ability to ignore all my mistakes and blindly defend me like John does the Bills!!! Merry Christmas brother!!! 

??

Just now, John from Riverside said:

The thing that is pretty maddening to me about Zay is he seems to do his best work when the game is lost.....anyone else notice that?

We need players that will fight for the ball or win the matchup when the GAME IS ON THE LINE.....you now......playmakers like Josh Allen....we need more Josh Allens at other positions

You mean that time when the defense is in get the game over mood? 

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Guys......come on please

Allen had the two picks......and they were throws to receivers that you really cannot count on to fight for 50 50 balls...

Josh makes plays Foster, Zay, and Croom don’t just not mature enough to handle that duty of making catches in big games.  Flip them for trade value if they don’t put in the effort to improve its a business decision it doesn’t require loyalties attached.  Zay isn’t willing to fight for improving and doesn’t show it in practices or try for Daboll with the game on the line so you find someone whose willing to give you at least one pick.  

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

My Christmas wish: have Santa give my girlfriend the ability to ignore all my mistakes and blindly defend me like John does the Bills!!! Merry Christmas brother!!! 

??

Sir I think what you REALLY need is to wish for the objectivity to see what I really am writing......there is a lot of crit in my post there.....

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, row_33 said:

They were going to lose anyway...

Yeah but so did the freaking jets!  I don't usually feel this way but imo winning at this point serves little to no purpose. If I was into sports betting, I would place a seriously large wager on the Bills on Sunday, and I am 100% serious.

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yeah but so did the freaking jets!  I don't usually feel this way but imo winning at this point serves little to no purpose. If I was into sports betting, I would place a seriously large wager on the Bills on Sunday, and I am 100% serious.

Entering the last game of the season it doesn't matter whether we win or lose. However, the players showing effort in a meaningless game would demonstrate that they care.  What matters the most is how this organization drafts (regardless where we are drafting) and how it handles this offseason's free agency. If the OL, receiving unit and the backfield is not dramatically upgraded then last year's effort made to draft its future franchise qb will be squandered. This current regime (which I support) is aware what needs to be done on offense. WGR's Murphy said on the radio that Beane told Josh Allen to not get discouraged because he was going to get him help for next year. That's the test for this franchise. 

Make no mistake about it that McDermott came in with the intention of rebuilding this roster and organization. So there was never going to be a quick fix. But entering the third offseason there has to be a major change to the roster (mostly on offense) to give this battered fanbase and franchise some real hope. 

• Like (+1) 2