Again people..... This is the first year of a REBUILD

H2o

13 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Can't get worse than Tyrod.. my favorite slogan going into this year. I saw Peterman. I saw us name him the starter. We were about to find out right quick how much worse it can get. Heck we already saw it Chargers game.

Can't get worse than Tyrod is the dumbest thing that was said as much as it was I've ever seen around here. It's been far worse before and after.

Can't get worse than Peterman ? Maaaaybe I'll buy that. Until McDermott finds another poor kid he has undying faith in to throw into the fire countless times for no reason.

Some on here were trumpeting the greatness of Derek Anderson and how he was going to dominate out there.....

15 hours ago, H2o said:

Comprehension fail. This offseason is when they went all in on the rebuild. Last year was shedding the dead weight to get draft picks and clear cap for 2019 by taking the hit this year. 

Wrong! Shredding the dead weight = rebuild year 1.

And if you are not on the bandwagon, feel free to defect and support another team. Thing are looking great for the future, but all you do in your posts is p*ss and moan.

Edited by greenyellowred

15 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I think the Star pickup is telling. Their pro-scouting so far has been lacking. Good O linemen also don't become available often. The fact that people think that's how they will rebuild the line is laughable. 

Look around the league.  There are a lot of absolutely awful offensive lines.  The Bills’ line is actually about average.

There are guys starting through the league who have no business playing pro football.  Good FA o-linemen are going to be very hard to sign, if they hit the market at all.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Look around the league.  There are a lot of absolutely awful offensive lines.  The Bills’ line is actually about average.

There are guys starting through the league who have no business playing pro football.  Good FA o-linemen are going to be very hard to sign, if they hit the market at all.  

I’ll agree that finding good FA O linemen is a tough ask. The Bills current line isn’t close to average though. It’s bottom five easily. They cannot run block at all. Some of that is coaching, but they’ve got little talent among that group. The quality of line play around the league has deteriorated in the last 10 years or so. The Bills are scraping the barrel right now, just seeing if they have a few guys they can keep for 2019. 

Actually, going into year # 3 of the rebuild:

1  No O-line.

2. NO QB.

3. No receivers.

Final year for McCoy and Clay ( Clay should just retire)

Oh yeah:  New England just put up 275 yards rushing against the "rebuilt" defense.

40 minutes ago, mannc said:

They are NOT even close to average.

Read some articles and evaluations.

15 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

Actually, going into year # 3 of the rebuild:

1  No O-line.

2. NO QB.

3. No receivers.

Final year for McCoy and Clay ( Clay should just retire)

Oh yeah:  New England just put up 275 yards rushing against the "rebuilt" defense.

They are NOT even close to average.

Read some articles and evaluations.

No, half the board insists this is a playoff team next year, not a smidgen of doubt

LOL

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

No, half the board insists this is a playoff team next year, not a smidgen of doubt

LOL

I don’t pretend to have a smidgen of a clue..... I’m guessing next year in the 4-12 win range.   ?

But don’t hold me to that! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

The pass pro has been only below average. Run blocking sucks. I've seen worse units.

I'll go on a limb that reminding us this is a rebuilding year and stressing that's why we suck is extremely patronizing. Am I not aware we are trying to get better. Am I not aware we suck. Can I not be critical about this if we don't get better?

Merry Christmas!

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

2 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I'll go on a limb that reminding us this is a rebuilding year and stressing that's why we suck is extremely patronizing. Am I not aware we are trying to get better. Am I not aware we suck. Can I not be critical about this if we don't get better?

Merry Christmas!

No. You must believe all Process related material lest ye be castigated you Bills hating basement dwelling stats geek. All you seem to care about is RESULTS. You don't seem to want to understand my rationalization for those results. So shame on you! I really can't understand the people that want to see the Bills win now when being awful is the ultimate goal. 

Merry Christmas.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

LOL

Well as long as the other half are convinced we will always suck, then at least there's perfect harmony and all is right with the world m

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Well as long as the other half are convinced we will always suck, then at least there's perfect harmony and all is right with the world m

That is exaclty the thing that makes the internet work.

Edited by Boca BIlls

On 12/24/2018 at 4:53 PM, CodeMonkey said:

Sadly, draft position is not a guarantee of success.  It is possible that he grows into it.  He has the size, arm strength, and seemingly the work ethic.  Like I said, we'll see.

Why can’t people understand that? It would be far from the first time someone has missed on a draft pick and far from the last. Allen can throw it a mile and run for one too, but it is a little early to order his bust for Canton. 

Who wouldn’t like to see Allen be the next GOAT? It would be sweet to be perennially in the mix with superb play on both sides of the ball or all three phases of the game. Until then.......

5 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

Right.  When DOESN"T 1/2 the board think NEXT year is a playoff team:  Next year rarely comes my friend.

I will accept the good and the bad that happens next year 

not a dollar will be wagered on them straight up

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I will accept the good and the bad that happens next year 

not a dollar will be wagered on them straight up

Once they get blown out 2 or 3 games in a row and play an average team straight up is good money for the Bills tbh

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, greenyellowred said:

Wrong! Shredding the dead weight = rebuild year 1.

And if you are not on the bandwagon, feel free to defect and support another team. Thing are looking great for the future, but all you do in your posts is p*ss and moan.

What tare you talking about? :huh:

About the Bills? Year one they shed the dead weight in 3 players (Watkins, Darby, and Dareus) while adding draftpicks(along with adding KB, Matthews, and Gaines). Clearly not the gutting we saw this past offseason due to letting players walk along with the untimely losses of two key starters on the OL. They then kept the rest of the team intact in 2017 and rode the wave of the inspired defensive play, along with a timely Andy Dalton TD pass, into the playoffs. It was not the overhaul you see in a rebuild like you saw in 2018 after they evaluated what they had in 2017. 2017 was e v a l and 2018 began the rebuild.