Again people..... This is the first year of a REBUILD

H2o

On 12/24/2018 at 7:18 PM, John from Riverside said:

Lol make me roll

Yes, I read your write-up, and you did have some criticisms in there. 

But ultimately you revert back to the Tone-Policeman. 

McDermott is now 14-17 as Head Coach, with zero wins against New England. Allen has poor stats across the board, except rushing. 

When I watch Allen, he is playing exactly like his Scouting Reports. Erratic, sometimes brilliant, but its jumbled. 

I think Beane and McDermott get the chance to execute their plan in 2019, but real winning needs to start. No more moral victories, staying close, watching plays learn.

We need influx at Offensive Line, Tight End, a new running back (s) - someone who can run faster than 4.50, a couple new WRs, then depth across the entire defense. We could really use a dynamic DE (Murphy will never be the same after his knee), more playmakers like Milano at Linebacker, and another lengthy corner because we are playing street free agents now.  

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Lol

do you EVER contribute anything?

Still waiting for you to contribute something.  I have contributed plenty which is why you keep responding.  If I wasn't contributing you wouldnt have quoted me so many times. Your own ***** fault.

Edited by Boca BIlls

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

First of all when an idiot is an idiot they deserve to be called a. Idiot

second  agree next year is a prove  it year no  excuses

but the premise that a full rebuild should only take one year is beyond idiotic

Next year we should start seeing results. 

McDermott and Beane have purged the roster, have their QB, have the money and draft picks, we have Coaching continuity, we have a veteran backup. 

We need to be scoring over 20 ppg next season and should be pushing for 10 wins. Also, none of the teams in our division are trending up. The Jets will have a new Coaching staff, the Dolphins are stuck in the Tannehill conundrum, and Tom Brady turns 42 next season. 

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Several people did predict this, but there were many others who suggested the offense "couldn't be much worse" or it "can't get worse than Tyrod so the team should be right where they were last year." ?

Can't get worse than Tyrod.. my favorite slogan going into this year. I saw Peterman. I saw us name him the starter. We were about to find out right quick how much worse it can get. Heck we already saw it Chargers game.

Can't get worse than Tyrod is the dumbest thing that was said as much as it was I've ever seen around here. It's been far worse before and after.

Can't get worse than Peterman ? Maaaaybe I'll buy that. Until McDermott finds another poor kid he has undying faith in to throw into the fire countless times for no reason.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

4 hours ago, pop gun said:

I can only think of 3 didn't really have running games that were somewhat successful. Marino, Moon and Brady to a degree.

Sounds about right. Pretty high standard to hold your rookie to. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, pop gun said:

This, and for those to think the Bills will get home runs on every FA and Draft pick next year is completely comical but some fans think that will happen without a doubt. 

I think the Star pickup is telling. Their pro-scouting so far has been lacking. Good O linemen also don't become available often. The fact that people think that's how they will rebuild the line is laughable. The Glenn trade looks worse each week.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

You make it sound like Beane has a track record of wasting picks.  He's been in charge of one draft.

While the Bills have been rebuilding for decades, the current GM and HC have only a short time in their positions.  

Here's what Beane's accomplished so far in his short time with us.

#2 defense in the NFL.

#3 most cap space in 2019

#1 most cap space in 2020

10 draft picks in 2019

This year we had the lowest active roster spending in the NFL.  Beane had exceptionally little money to spend on free agency by - as much as possible - taking hits this year to free up cap space for the future.  So this season McD had a talent-poor roster to work with and never had a fighting chance.  

This year was all about making 2019 and 2020 good years.  Let's see what Beane and McD do next year before judging them on a plan that was never designed to produce a lot of wins in 2018.  

$100 million in cap space and 10 picks in the draft can fill a lot of the holes you mention.  And no team is entirely without holes.  

Having the most or second most cap space is not an accomplishment. Using that cap space and signing quality players that help build a consistent winner is. Any moron GM can create cap space by cutting a bunch of players. That’s the easy part.

Also, there are several other teams with plenty of cap space as well. I wouldn’t count on it being our saving grace.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, greenyellowred said:

Post fail. It is the second year of the rebuild.

Comprehension fail. This offseason is when they went all in on the rebuild. Last year was shedding the dead weight to get draft picks and clear cap for 2019 by taking the hit this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

Comprehension fail. This offseason is when they went all in on the rebuild. Last year was shedding the dead weight to get draft picks and clear cap for 2019 by taking the hit this year. 

Yes.

Last year they had to prove competence to Pegs and fans and ditch the curse.  There was tremendous pressure to get to the playoffs.  Also Beane and scouts were not in place for the draft and barely for FA.  They could not have had a rebuild plan ready with owner buy-in much before Sep.  Last year was NOT the first year of the rebuild.  

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS, everyone!!!   

?

untitled.png.5799443bd6aa6099fa3ed4532e02f745.png

11 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Having the most or second most cap space is not an accomplishment. Using that cap space and signing quality players that help build a consistent winner is. Any moron GM can create cap space by cutting a bunch of players. That’s the easy part.

Also, there are several other teams with plenty of cap space as well. I wouldn’t count on it being our saving grace.

Newsflash.

You have to do step 1 to do step 2.

Step 1 has been accomplished now they have to do the more difficult part, choosing the players.

Here is a novel idea, how about you wait to Bich and moan until after they made their choices.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, H2o said:

Again with all of the p***ing and moaning threads all over I just wanted to remind everyone this is really the first year of a rebuild. It's all this player sucks, we whiffed on this person or that person, we should have done this, we should have done that, this coach, that coach, the GM sucks, fire someone, fire everyone, it makes this board hard to read anymore. We lost 2 good OL'man and traded away another for whatever reasons they had. We have a rookie QB without much help, but has still basically been the entire offense this year. We have a rag-tag group of WR's who have not done much to help said rookie QB. No running game. A defense that isn't having the same good fortune as last year. You can post your QB ratings and think it proves something, blame coaching, who we signed, who we didn't sign, blame the GM, whatever. We have a young team at many key positions right now, a FA period with $90,000,000 to spend, and 10 draft picks coming up in 2019. If this was the end of next year I would understand, but it's not. I hope Santa brings you guys some Preparation H and a 3 pack of Puffs with lotion for Christmas. 

The "rebuild" started the moment the Bills decided to trade the pick that they could have used to pick Mahomes . . .  and not bring back (or even attempt to bring back) actual NFL receivers such as Woods, Goodwin, and Sammy.

By "rebuild" I mean creating the McCoach and McBeane vision of the team.  They made certain choices.  We shall see how they pan out.

Edited by Peter
  • Thank you (+1) 1