Again people..... This is the first year of a REBUILD

H2o

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The vast majority of this board does not understand where Allen's game is, his limitations as a passer, and the fact that he remains a long shot project at best.

They are easily swooned by his intangibles: leadership, competitive fire, and his great, gutsy runs.  Those are all fine things to have in your QB, but without really solid fundamentals, it's not enough.

Allen has been this season who he always has been.  He does some nice things, some bad things, makes a nice throw, makes 2 bad ones...and it all averages out to "not good enough."

He will likely be the same next year and he will not get forever.  

I think he'll get more than EJ's 14 games, but he'll have to turn a major corner next year or else we'll move on, with or without McDermott as the coach.

Allen is 4-6 as a starter and could easily be 6-4 if Peterman had not blown the Houston game and Clay catches the TD against Miami.

What makes you think the board doesn't understand Allen is a project ?  Would we all like to see his completion % go up ? Sure, but I'd also like to see him with viable receiving targets for a year instead of Benjamin, Clay, etc. No one is swooned by anything but his intangibles are good to have.

If the Bills somehow go 10-6 next year and Allen is ~55%,  I'm good with that. But he needs help.

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Rebuilds only take 1 year so they better win next season. We are about to enter year 3...

And they are a year removed from being in the playoffs and only losing 10-3, largely in part to the play of Tyrod. 

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I get a sense that if things dont work out with the current regime, those who said they would fail will be more happy being right than they would if the team succeeds.

This sort of thing is frequently posted around here; I think it's a bunch of BS.

I've been a vocal critic of Allen from day 1.  I think he will flame out. Know what I'd hope for? To be proven dead wrong and for the guy to become the new Jim Kelly.  I miss having a kick ass football team to cheer for!

Just now, Looper said:

You've been given at least 3 separate examples of multi-year rebuilds with the same HC/GM and you choose to ignore them. 

No, I really havent. I have been given 3 choices of rebuilds that have had coaches fired v.c they have taken too long

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This sort of thing is frequently posted around here; I think it's a bunch of BS.

I've been a vocal critic of Allen from day 1.  I think he will flame out. Know what I'd hope for? To be proven dead wrong and for the guy to become the new Jim Kelly.  I miss having a kick ass football team to cheer for!

That's the spirit.

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

WHERE WHERE WHERE is the NFL saying this; it's not true! WTF go research some NFL history before you blab!

1970 Steelers/Dolphins,  1982 Bears,1985 Bills, 1989 Cowboys, 1999 Patriots, ..... and the usual blow heart fans spouted hot air the same way - "I want it and I want it now!"

6 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Further proving rebuilds dont take long. 

Depends on whether you hit on a QB or not. If you get your guy it accelerates the process if they build around him. They will build around him starting this offseason. Make sense enough?

On 12/24/2018 at 7:21 PM, H2o said:

Depends on whether you hit on a QB or not. If you get your guy it accelerates the process if they build around him. They will build around him starting this offseason. Make sense enough?

They better do it next season b.c 3 years is too long in NFL standards.