Again people..... This is the first year of a REBUILD

H2o

2 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Supposedly a rebuild takes YEARS lol

Not all rebuilds Bob! We gotta be hitting more on building part. I wasn't here for the late 80s Bills rebuild but I'm fine with JA we need to start hitting some future HOFers, grab some Thurman's and Bruce's if we're going to keep making this comparison.

I'd feel more comfortable if our draft trade ups outside of JA were hitting more. I think we'd all agree if this rebuild is showing signs of improvement we gotta be a much improved team every year going forward. And we're not improving over the course of the season outside JA's post injury performance (with me optimistically ignoring the outliers.. he played some damn good games to warrant excitement) feels like.

2 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Nope

Then the Browns should be in the Super Bowl this year with their current rebuild. 

Or maybe you should look at the Bills rebuild of the mid to late 80s. 

Edited by Looper

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We rebuild a team that has averaged 8 wins and made the playoffs last year. Genius!!!

trust the process is a great way to get job security. “We had to completely rebuild things.  We just need more time.  Trust the process!”

I friggin hate "trust the process"

"Don't fire me for 4-5 years! You don't know what's brewing up in my plans yet!" = "Trust the [whatever a rookie GM/Coach is doing]"

Not that I'm for canning one of the 2 (seems like I'm becoming the minority in favoring McD over Beane giving him crap to work with). But I'd start giving serious consideration if we are in fact not appearing to be drafting and otherwise acquiring talent well by next year

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

I keep seeing the word "rebuild". I even saw the word "reload". all excuses for perpetual losing organizations.

also, need to ask why the FO is "rebuilding" a team that made it to the playoffs the year prior? poor decisions were made by the coaching staff, and we saw how it played out.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Looper said:

Since you are the rebuild genius, give us your detailed plan on how the Bills rebuild next year and win the big one.

We'd have to start from the beginning here bud. 2017. Not picking up from Beane's mid term plan. That's why we're stuck with him because he made this roster with any clue on how to get it out of the dumps.

9 minutes ago, timtebow15 said:

The problem is that the Bills have regressed so far this is a forever rebuild.  Tell me how you fix this offense in one year?  It's not gonna happen.  Plus you have to start replacing players like Kyle Williams and Alexander.  Beane has been wasting draft picks and creating too many holes to fill.  No confidence in these guys.  We've been rebuilding for two decades now.

You make it sound like Beane has a track record of wasting picks.  He's been in charge of one draft.

While the Bills have been rebuilding for decades, the current GM and HC have only a short time in their positions.  

Here's what Beane's accomplished so far in his short time with us.

#2 defense in the NFL.

#3 most cap space in 2019

#1 most cap space in 2020

10 draft picks in 2019

This year we had the lowest active roster spending in the NFL.  Beane had exceptionally little money to spend on free agency by - as much as possible - taking hits this year to free up cap space for the future.  So this season McD had a talent-poor roster to work with and never had a fighting chance.  

This year was all about making 2019 and 2020 good years.  Let's see what Beane and McD do next year before judging them on a plan that was never designed to produce a lot of wins in 2018.  

$100 million in cap space and 10 picks in the draft can fill a lot of the holes you mention.  And no team is entirely without holes.  

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Keeping in mind that most of the work is done Mr. Boca since the rebiuld is already in process

Boca needs to call Bill Polian and ask him how long the Bills rebuild took after the 2-14 season in 1985.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Keeping in mind that most of the work is done Mr. Boca since the rebiuld is already in process

That's where I'm criticizing and ceding to sticking with Beane since he threw his weight into this project that only he can get us out of. Not ecstatic about the roster which is where I begin to wonder how another GM may have fared in the project.. outside of my JA optimism. But he's the only guy with a vision to finish this 3 years in  Nobody wants to pick up a rebuild half baked.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

And how exactly do you know this team will be 6 and 10 next year?

If they are, it's time to start our GM/HC and possibly QB search. None of us know how next season will turn out, but it's interesting to speculate. They could be 12-4 and Allen could be an All Pro and McDermott Coach Of The Year.

Thank God the excuses will be gone.

• Like (+1) 2