Again people..... This is the first year of a REBUILD

H2o

Again with all of the p***ing and moaning threads all over I just wanted to remind everyone this is really the first year of a rebuild. It's all this player sucks, we whiffed on this person or that person, we should have done this, we should have done that, this coach, that coach, the GM sucks, fire someone, fire everyone, it makes this board hard to read anymore. We lost 2 good OL'man and traded away another for whatever reasons they had. We have a rookie QB without much help, but has still basically been the entire offense this year. We have a rag-tag group of WR's who have not done much to help said rookie QB. No running game. A defense that isn't having the same good fortune as last year. You can post your QB ratings and think it proves something, blame coaching, who we signed, who we didn't sign, blame the GM, whatever. We have a young team at many key positions right now, a FA period with $90,000,000 to spend, and 10 draft picks coming up in 2019. If this was the end of next year I would understand, but it's not. I hope Santa brings you guys some Preparation H and a 3 pack of Puffs with lotion for Christmas. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 14

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

Again with all of the p***ing and moaning threads all over I just wanted to remind everyone this is really the first year of a rebuild. It's all this player sucks, we whiffed on this person or that person, we should have done this, we should have done that, this coach, that coach, the GM sucks, fire someone, fire everyone, it makes this board hard to read anymore. We lost 2 good OL'man and traded away another for whatever reasons they had. We have a rookie QB without much help, but has still basically been the entire offense this year. We have a rag-tag group of WR's who have not done much to help said rookie QB. No running game. A defense that isn't having the same good fortune as last year. You can post your QB ratings and think it proves something, blame coaching, who we signed, who we didn't sign, blame the GM, whatever. We have a young team at many key positions right now, a FA period with $90,000,000 to spend, and 10 draft picks coming up in 2019. If this was the end of next year I would understand, but it's not. I hope Santa brings you guys some Preparation H and a 3 pack of Puffs with lotion for Christmas. 

So 6-10 won't be good enough NEXT year?

Thank you Jesus!   And Happy Birthday!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

What did you honestly expect this year? SB contention? :huh: We had a huge turnover especially on the OL, were impeded by our cap situation, and were starting a rookie QB for most of the season. There has really been no help to take the pressure off of Allen in any way. It's simple math. The subtractions versus additions, combined with our schedule, didn't make me think it would equal more wins than last year. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

True. It's all about perspective.

We expected a bad year last year with a new regime and below-average vet QB.

We expected a bad year this year with a rookie QB and 3 starters abruptly leaving the O-line.

Next year, if they're not competing for the playoffs, I will be disappointed, barring injury to Allen.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

There is no such thing as a rebuild in the NFL.

For the most part, the good teams are always good, and the bad teams continue to  make stupid decisions.

9/10 of those teams have franchise QBs for the entire period. Once the QB is gone it’s full rebuild.

What’s wild to me is that we wildly overachieved this year. I thought we would be so much worse. 

But the other poster was right-it is about perspective. I always knew this year was about the rookie qb and clearing the cap space. So I always thought this would be a terrible year. Honestly, you’d have been a fool to think otherwise. 

Importantly, there is a clear plan and intention with the way this has unfolded. They got their QB, they got their cap space, and they have a ton of young players. I honestly could not be more excited.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

There is no such thing as a rebuild in the NFL.

For the most part, the good teams are always good, and the bad teams continue to  make stupid decisions.

So cliche.

What team has consistently been great? The Steelers?

Once a team finds the right owners and front-office regime, and a franchise QB, then they experience consistent success. Until then, rebuilds happen all the time. There is such a thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

There's still some worthwhile things to read on this board from week to week. It seems we just gotta filter out a lot more stuff than in years past...

The whining is easy to ignore.

Yeah.........the first two years of Greggo and Jauron and Gailey and Marrone/Rex the board was loaded with soothing apologist takes too.

That's how this works.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

What did you honestly expect this year? SB contention? :huh: We had a huge turnover especially on the OL, were impeded by our cap situation, and were starting a rookie QB for most of the season. There has really been no help to take the pressure off of Allen in any way. It's simple math. The subtractions versus additions, combined with our schedule, didn't make me think it would equal more wins than last year. 

Right.

So if all that matters is next year the question is what do you expect next year?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

Next year we compete for the AFC east title.  If we aren't then McD and Beane are certainly on the hot seat.  It's obvious to me that all along it was a 3 year plan to become truly competitive and from my view we are on track.

I agree no excuses whatsoever next year.

The problem is that every regime has a plan..........it's not something exclusive to McBeane.........and it's typically involved patience and a certain set of circumstances falling into place that they sold to the fanbase as virtually inevitable but then did not happen.

Like Buddy Nix telling us we were going to have to endure years of suffering while he rebuilt the roster so it was good enough for him to draft a QB.

So he passed on QB's to build the roster up and then when it was time to take one there wasn't one available.

Whoops.

Everyone lauding the Bills for having $100M to spend(after McCoy and Clay cuts) is putting a lot of faith into a free agency system that hasn't seen a lot of talent come available in recent years.

Last year the Jets and Niners each took over $100M into FA and couldn't get anyone good to take it or otherwise find anyone worth spending it on.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I agree no excuses whatsoever next year.

The problem is that every regime has a plan..........it's not something exclusive to McBeane.........and it's typically involved patience and a certain set of circumstances falling into place that they sold to the fanbase as virtually inevitable but then did not happen.

Like Buddy Nix telling us we were going to have to endure years of suffering while he rebuilt the roster so it was good enough for him to draft a QB.

So he passed on QB's to build the roster up and then when it was time to take one there wasn't one available.

Whoops.

Everyone lauding the Bills for having $100M to spend(after McCoy and Clay cuts) is putting a lot of faith into a free agency system that hasn't seen a lot of talent come available in recent years.

Last year the Jets and Niners each took over $100M into FA and couldn't get anyone good to take it or otherwise find anyone worth spending it on.

This, and for those to think the Bills will get home runs on every FA and Draft pick next year is completely comical but some fans think that will happen without a doubt. 

Edited by pop gun
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If the Bills are 6 - 10 next December then it's time for action; only fair to give the current regime the 2019 season! This off season will make or break them!

• Like (+1) 3