All the Carolina signings, why did they not sign C.J.?

zow2

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

C.J. Anderson had a helluva day filling in for Gurley yesterday.  

Seems like the Carolina connection, McBeane, could’ve snagged him between Nov. 12 -Dec. 4.  Then again in mid December when he was on the streets.   The guy is a bull and would’ve helped the sorry running game here.

Keith Ford practices hard 

3 hours ago, Mickey said:

Its crazy the way RB's running behind good offensive lines always seem to have good games despite their history or pedigree. Its almost as if there was a connection, as if these things are somehow related. Weird.

I agree, it is weird.  It makes you wonder if maybe there's some kind of cause-and-effect thing going on.  

I once watched Willie Ellison of the L.A. Rams rush for an amazing 247 yards (on just 26 carries) - the NFL record at the time.  Most folks on this site probably don't remember Willie and I don't blame them.  He spent most of his NFL career as a backup because he wasn't very good.    

I'm not really sure because football is a complicated sport and I'm not a smart man.  But the Mack truck sized holes opened up by the Rams OL that record-setting day may have helped Willie in some strange way. 

Then again, maybe it was something else.  Who knows?  Maybe there's no connection at all between OL play and RB production, and RB stats are determined solely by the RB.  

Edited by hondo in seattle

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

Seems like the Carolina connection, McBeane, could’ve snagged him between Nov. 12 -Dec. 4.  Then again in mid December when he was on the streets.   The guy is a bull and would’ve helped the sorry running game here.

How do you know they didnt talk to him? But,if YOU were CJ,would you come to a Buffalo team that had several RBs already and a horrible OLine?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pablocruise said:

How do you know they didnt talk to him? But,if YOU were CJ,would you come to a Buffalo team that had several RBs already and a horrible OLine?

I have no clue? But he was out of work for two different periods of time and during that he signed with the crappy Raiders for 5 minutes. 

14 hours ago, zow2 said:

He's not a bandcamp gold card toting member thats why.

On 12/24/2018 at 2:17 PM, zow2 said:

Does he get us to the playoffs? No? Then why spend the money, and why not evaluate a young player?

There are others that i didn't understand why they didn't go after even before him , Lagerrette Blount 2 time SB champion RB was out there & there was no attempt at all to get him bus probably a couple others that could have helped a bit .

Apparently they thought they had it figured out in house !! 

Edited by T master