Missed opportunities (Buf @ NE)

The Red King

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Sweet syrupy Billsyness.

We can't get enough.

Like Hauschka's 42 yard field goal landing short to the dismay of the announcing team.

We hear that astonished disbelief over Bills ineptitude from announcers every time the Bills play the Pats.............nobody really understands the psychological hold that the Pats have on the Bills organization except Bills fans.    

Some Bills fans think this happens elsewhere in the division but in truth the Dolphins and Jets play much more consistently representative football against the Pats.    The Pats always bring out the Billsy in the Bills. 

We are named for their HC ;)

In all seriousness though i do think we are close to lifting the monkey off our backs.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Talking specifics when your team is dominated is kinda what this board does.  Otherwise there would be just one new thread after the game titled "We got dominated".

You seem to think I'm excusing the Bills, or saying they only lost because of the plays mentioned.  I claimed nothing of the sort, and specifically said otherwise.  That aside, the plays mentioned in the OP were certainly back-breakers, and changed the momentum of the game.

Honestly, we get dominated, and you think people should only be able to create posts stating exactly that, while being forbidden from discussing certain aspects of the game?  Would make TBD a very boring place.

There is no doubt that the flubbed plays hurt the team. Our negative plays as damaging as they were did not shift the momentum of the game because there was no momentum shift in the game. The stats might not indicate the opposition's dominance but if one watched the game it was evident that right from the start we had little chance. When the opposing team runs plays that you know that they are going to run and you can't stop it then that tells you all you need to know.

Most of our positive stats on offense came from a stage in the game where the other team was willing to give up in order to run the clock. My point is simple: This was not a competitive game.  That's my basic point. If you disagree with my characterization that is fine. You are entitled to your opinion. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

There is no doubt that the flubbed plays hurt the team. Our negative plays as damaging as they were did not shift the momentum of the game because there was no momentum shift in the game. The stats might not indicate the opposition's dominance but if one watched the game it was evident that right from the start we had little chance. When the opposing team runs plays that you know that they are going to run and you can't stop it then that tells you all you need to know.

Most of our positive stats on offense came from a stage in the game where the other team was willing to give up in order to run the clock. My point is simple: This was not a competitive game.  That's my basic point. If you disagree with my characterization that is fine. You are entitled to your opinion. 

If you don't think an early 80-yard bomb would have changed momentum, we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.  That aside I stressed multiple times that I am not saying those plays were the only or main reason we lost.  We still had three takeaways, and a number of defensive stands.  The defense jeckell and hyded all game.  Had Buffalo hit those opportunities, I do think the game would have been competative.  We didn't, not a one.

But all this talk of watching the game, I did.  Every single painful play, start to end.

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

If you don't think an early 80-yard bomb would have changed momentum, we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.  That aside I stressed multiple times that I am not saying those plays were the only or main reason we lost.  We still had three takeaways, and a number of defensive stands.  The defense jeckell and hyded all game.  Had Buffalo hit those opportunities, I do think the game would have been competative.  We didn't, not a one.

But all this talk of watching the game, I did.  Every single painful play, start to end.

I said it before and I will say it again: This was not a competitive game. I don't blame the receiver for the drop of the pass in the sun. You can't catch what you can't see. You can cite our miscues but that doesn't mean that the opposition also didn't have miscues. You can't use your reasoning for one team and not apply the same reasoning to the opposition. 

I don't want to belabor the point but the better and the smarter team (in my opinion) handedly won this game. In the running game their D-line dominated our O-line and their O-line dominated our D-line. For me, the stats didn't reveal the disparity between the two teams. You are entitled to your opinion. With respect to this game I have a very different opinion of what transpired in this game. 

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

This game was not close to being competitive. The score and stats did not reflect how much better they were. Talking about specific plays when in general your team is being dominated is an exercise in futility. That's the point!

I agree. It wasn’t. Half of our points came during garbage time while the Pats were just bleeding the clock letting us work down the field.  It was already over and they were on to next week. 

50 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I said it before and I will say it again: This was not a competitive game. I don't blame the receiver for the drop of the pass in the sun. You can't catch what you can't see. You can cite our miscues but that doesn't mean that the opposition also didn't have miscues. You can't use your reasoning for one team and not apply the same reasoning to the opposition. 

I don't want to belabor the point but the better and the smarter team (in my opinion) handedly won this game. In the running game their D-line dominated our O-line and their O-line dominated our D-line. For me, the stats didn't reveal the disparity between the two teams. You are entitled to your opinion. With respect to this game I have a very different opinion of what transpired in this game. 

Why did you highlight half of my sentence while not highlighting the start of the sentence that said 'I am not saying...'.  It's like me going 'I'm not saying beef is bad...' and you replying, highlighting 'beef is bad' and jumping on it.  Though, that, and your reply, make it clear you still don't understand what I am saying, and I've run out of ways to say it, so I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Yes,  you’ve said it ad nausea. Lighten up already. You’re not changing minds. You’re just crying.