Report: Jets to pursue Jim Harbaugh for HC

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

How many great QB's have come out of Michigan?

Really? Tom Brady is the GOAT and Elvis Grbac and Jim Harbaugh had solid careers.

How many schools have produced BETTER NFL QB's? Probably a few, but not many.

Edit; Grbac pretty much sucked but I stand by my point. You'd be hard pressed to name multiple schools that produced multiple elite quarterbacks. It's a rather odd take to say Michigan QB's suck. You could make a case that a few have been busts.(Griese, Collins) Even they weren't total failures in the league.

Edited by LSHMEAB

27 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Really? Tom Brady is the GOAT and Elvis Grbac and Jim Harbaugh had solid careers.

Edit; Grbac pretty much sucked but I stand by my point. You'd be hard pressed to name multiple schools that produced multiple elite quarterbacks. It's a rather odd take to say Michigan QB's suck. You could make a case that a few have been busts.(Griese, Collins) Even they weren't total failures in the league.

First off, I am a Michigan fan.

They have had some very good QB's in the past, but they did not translate to NFL success.

Elvis Grbac & Jim Harbaugh had their moments, but they weren't great. Same thing goes for Chad Henne.

Tom Brady is part of a cheating culture.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I LOVE this!! As far as I am concerned the Jets are the other team on the rise in this division. Harbaugh ASSURES that they will never win big games. I’ll miss him at ttun but will be thrilled to have him in the AFC East.

Come on Kirby!  He nearly won the SB with Kaepernick, who according to some here is the worst qb ever.  He turned around Stanford. Michigan sucked before him.  

He’s like a model who is getting picked apart because she isn’t the top model.  But she’s still a model.

I don't care for some of Jim Harbaugh's antics, but he's a fine coach, most especially to start his tenure. I would prefer he not be coaching in our division but that's not my call. Harbaugh, despite the khakis and self picture photographs is one heck a coach. It seems as though his message wore thin in San Francisco but that doesn't mean I want to see 3 years of "good" Harbaugh. Hopefully the boys in Anne Arbor make him a couter offer if this comes to some kind of head. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I LOVE this!! As far as I am concerned the Jets are the other team on the rise in this division. Harbaugh ASSURES that they will never win big games. I’ll miss him at ttun but will be thrilled to have him in the AFC East.

Of course.....the games they play against the Bills will not be big games.   :ph34r:

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Come on Kirby!  He nearly won the SB with Kaepernick, who according to some here is the worst qb ever.  He turned around Stanford. Michigan sucked before him.  

He’s like a model who is getting picked apart because she isn’t the top model.  But she’s still a model.

He will never (and has never) won the big one. I think Harbaugh sucks. He is too volitale. He gets wound so tight that his team’s no-show in big games (outside of the 2nd half of the Super Bowl). I would be thrilled if he went to the Jets.

Just now, KD in CA said:

Of course.....the games they play against the Bills will not be big games.   :ph34r:

That’s a different issue.

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Obviously Purdue AKA QB U: 2 HOF-ers in Len Dawson and Bob Griese, and Drew Brees  :worthy: along with many other respectable to fine NFL QBs such as the legendary Kyle Orton. :thumbsup:

....breaking news....the Jets have manned up to deny the Harbaugh rumors...."Todd Bowles is our head football coach"...........case closed (COUGH)....

Jim Harbaugh NFL Rumors: Jets claim 'no truth to the report' of interest in chasing Michigan coach

New York denied the report that they want to hire Jim Harbaugh away from Michigan

18 minutes ago, Rico said:

Obviously Purdue AKA QB U: 2 HOF-ers in Len Dawson and Bob Griese, and Drew Brees  :worthy: along with many other respectable to fine NFL QBs such as the legendary Kyle Orton. :thumbsup:

Yeah. That would definitely be better on aggregate than Michigan, but there aren't MANY schools that have multiple hall of famers. I wouldn't single Michigan out as a school that doesn't turn out good NFL QB's. That's all I'm saying. Can't think of a single Ohio State NFL success story at QB. Maybe Mike Tomscak or the great Bobby Hoying?

55 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He will never (and has never) won the big one. I think Harbaugh sucks. He is too volitale. He gets wound so tight that his team’s no-show in big games (outside of the 2nd half of the Super Bowl). I would be thrilled if he went to the Jets.

That’s a different issue.

That’s such an easy narrative and kinda silly in football.  Was Peyton a bum before he won a SB? If Harbaugh wins a SB or national championship, he is considered a great coach.  Same with Andy Reid.  It’s just kinda lazy thinking.  If Norwood makes that kick, is Levy really that much better of a coach?

personally, I would take a coach who has his team in position to win and go to the playoffs every year. 

OSU wins because they get far superior recruits. They have some much more blue chip talent than Michigan.  Same when he was at Stanford.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97

27 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. That would definitely be better on aggregate than Michigan, but there aren't MANY schools that have multiple hall of famers. I wouldn't single Michigan out as a school that doesn't turn out good NFL QB's. That's all I'm saying. Can't think of a single Ohio State NFL success story at QB. Maybe Mike Tomscak or the great Bobby Hoying?

No, Ohio State is a disaster when it comes to NFL QBs, that’s why I don’t trust Haskins at all. IMO Art Schlichter was the best one coming into the league, I was very disappointed in him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s such an easy narrative and kinda silly in football.  Was Peyton a bum before he won a SB? If Harbaugh wins a SB or national championship, he is considered a great coach.  Same with Andy Reid.  It’s just kinda lazy thinking.  If Norwood makes that kick, is Levy really that much better of a coach?

personally, I would take a coach who has his team in position to win and go to the playoffs every year. 

OSU wins because they get far superior recruits. They have some much more blue chip talent than Michigan.  Same when he was at Stanford.  

Michigan has recruited at an elite level since Harbaugh has been there.  He will never beat OSU. As someone that has watched closely for the last handful of year he is WAY overrated. 

• Like (+1) 2