First time watching a Pats game wanting Brady to throw.

gjv001

I don't know how many Bills fans feel as I do, that the Bills run defense is a ruse. Yesterday brought back the nightmare of the Saints game last year. If we accomplish anything this offseason I'm hoping it's getting both our lines upgraded.

According to statistics the Bills are the #2 defense in the league based on yardage.  The Ravens are #1 by about 14 yards per game.  Not much difference based on the stats.  But based on the 'eye test' the Bills ranking is a statistical illusion.  Watching the Ravens defense their front 7 seems to be so much bigger, so much stronger, so much quicker, and overall so much more athletic than the Bills front 7.  Addressing the defensive front along with the O-line should be a priority.  

What I found most frustrating about the game is that the Patriots look very beatable.  They're not dominant in any way at this point and I suspect their run as automatic AFCE division winners is over.  But from the opening drive I never felt that Bills were going to come out with a win.  As usual, there's a lot of work to do in the off season but I believe there are genuine reasons for optimism that we're headed up.    

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

According to statistics the Bills are the #2 defense in the league based on yardage.  The Ravens are #1 by about 14 yards per game.  Not much difference based on the stats.  But based on the 'eye test' the Bills ranking is a statistical illusion.  Watching the Ravens defense their front 7 seems to be so much bigger, so much stronger, so much quicker, and overall so much more athletic than the Bills front 7.  Addressing the defensive front along with the O-line should be a priority.  

What I found most frustrating about the game is that the Patriots look very beatable.  They're not dominant in any way at this point and I suspect their run as automatic AFCE division winners is over.  But from the opening drive I never felt that Bills were going to come out with a win.  As usual, there's a lot of work to do in the off season but I believe there are genuine reasons for optimism that we're headed up.    

Pats haven’t dominated since 2007, they go out there and win football games since then, a few SBs they had no business winning at all

The Bills lack talent. They win by executing big plays at random times in the game and playing decent defense. They don't have the talent to overcome mistakes or to handle teams who come in ready to play super physical. They kind of win by catching teams off guard.

Anyway, not sure why people are complaining about a loss to the Pats. We've had far more talented Bills teams lose spectacularly to the Pats, especially in their home. The Pats are a playoff team. They are talented. They have legit starters at most positions.

There is no way that Belichick was going to let a rookie QB and rookie MLB come in and succeed. He is a master at taking advantage of inexperienced players.

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The only reason it wasn't 42-0 is because McDaniels insisted on trying to throw.  Buffalo had no answer for the run.  The front 7 should be embarrassed.

Won’t get an answer but I wonder if the Pats set their first 30 plays and simply carried them out, if they were adjusting then they may have cut out half the passes.