the Edelman TD

Hellcamino

19 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Terrible thread. The officials got the call right. There's nothing to complain about with that TD. 

Well technically they got the tuck rule call right by the rule on the books at the time. I suppose you agreed with that as well.

Thanks for stopping by Mr. Goodell

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Terrible thread nonetheless. Become a fan of Curling. 

Well then stop reading and posting in it if its so terrible.  When normal people read something they think is terrible, they stop reading and move on. You have to be a special kind of strange to spend your Christmas morning posting in a thread on a message board that you think is terrible.

Merry Christmas!

Just now, Hellcamino said:

Well then stop reading and posting in it if its so terrible.  When normal people read something they think is terrible, they stop reading and move on. You have to be a special kind of strange to spend your Christmas morning posting in a thread on a message board that you think is terrible.

Merry Christmas!

Yet here you are responding on Christmas morning defending your terrible thread and you obviously need help undersatnding football. :lol: Curling is still an option.

21 hours ago, Hellcamino said:

It kinda is arguable. Was Foster down on the ground? Nope. But since his forward progress was stopped, he was ruled down

Nobody yet has explained how Edelman sitting on his ass with his feet up in the air Should not be considered forward progress stopped. There is no way on earth for him to be moving forward with only his butt sitting on a leg.  Maybe he had some bad mexican food for lunch and had extreme gas that was propelling him?  Defending the Refs and their against all laws of physics interpretation of what forward motion means is the only bogus thing here. 

Except neither of those happened.  Forward progress stopping is announced when the ref blows the whistle.  And obviously he wasn't ruled down, because he wasn't downed by the defender.

Move on.

21 hours ago, Hellcamino said:

It kinda is arguable. Was Foster down on the ground? Nope. But since his forward progress was stopped, he was ruled down. 

Nobody yet has explained how Edelman sitting on his ass with his feet up in the air Should not be considered forward progress stopped. There is no way on earth for him to be moving forward with only his butt sitting on a leg.  Maybe he had some bad mexican food for lunch and had extreme gas that was propelling him?  Defending the Refs and their against all laws of physics interpretation of what forward motion means is the only bogus thing here. 

The Foster play was blown dead because there was a defender impeding his progress for a long enough period to blow the play dead.

Edelman's progress was never impeded. It's really not complicated.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Except neither of those happened.  Forward progress stopping is announced when the ref blows the whistle.  And obviously he wasn't ruled down, because he wasn't downed by the defender.

Move on.

OK, whatever dude. I said his forward progress was stopped. I didn't say how it was announced. and unless you are stupid, You know exactly what I meant by being ruled down. There is no need to twist words and be a condescending jackass. All I posted was that I didn't like the way a rule is being enforced.  I am allowed to not like something. If you don't agree, then YOU move on. 

btw Kelso was losing his mind over this as well. He's played in SB's. But I guess like me, He must be too dumb to understand the rules enough to be able to form an opinion on if one them is flawed.  

But thanks to a couple experts here,  we all now know the truth. The rule is perfect, The Refs enforce it perfectly,  It's the Bills and their coaching that sucks.  And if you don't agree with that, you are an idiot.  Thanks guys! You've convinced me.

Edited by Hellcamino

The game has become electric football, pure chaos:

200w.gif

Enjoy watching the same big market teams every year make lots of $$$$ for the players and NFL.

The game is unwatchable, let it go.  So much needs to be fixed, it ain't funny.  This doesn't mean I agree with the OP.  I don't agree, I think the calls were okay... But I get the OP's purist, idealistic argument.

Yet... The refs are crooked, inconsistent, game way too complicated... Too much technology, too many cameras, etc... So who really cares?  Why rack your brain trying to care, you won't make a difference.

Again, the game has simply become unwatchable, a farce.  What's so hard to understand?

Just try and give as least money as you physically can to the NFL while enjoying the parts of the game you are able to.  Ie: Follow the game for other reasons, you simply won't be able to watch it like you should.

When the wind starts to blow in your face, you can struggle and try to head up into it... OR you can adjust your sails and tack around.  This topic is a non-issue.  The refs are severely tainted.  More rules won't make the refs less arbitrary.  This isn't some grand conspiracy.  The NFL game is just played, from the rules side, like a rudderless ship. IE: "Electric Football."

Enjoy the electric football for the chaos it is.  And if you have the nerves of steel go ahead and attempt the impossible... Pass that little foam football that comes with the electric football game!  LMAO

[SIDENOTE: Did anybody ever get those games to work half way decent?  We got one for Christmas as Children, I think the thing went back in the box after 10 minutes...LoL]

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Hockey 3D action games were much more enjoyable compared to football.

Football also doesn’t translate stat-based sim games effectively with a card for each player, as compared to the perfection of baseball sims.

As if stats can recreate a football game...

Edited by row_33

On 12/24/2018 at 6:45 AM, Hellcamino said:

I guess that's my point. why hadn't it?

This was deemed down enough to blow whistle.

539793525_ScreenShot2018-12-24at3_31_26AM.thumb.jpg.6e95d01fc4d0c9cfdedb19b8616ef303.jpg

This was not?

289583602_ScreenShot2018-12-24at3_29_24AM.thumb.jpg.18a4ea6e8dd05d67897340dabe5f0586.jpg

that's all I'm sayin

Read the rule book. As much as I hated the play, Edelman didn't have "forward progress."

15 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Read the rule book. As much as I hated the play, Edelman didn't have "forward progress."

I know the rule.  I merely stated that I don't like the rule. There is a difference between not understanding something, and not liking something.

On 12/25/2018 at 12:55 AM, Mr. WEO said:

As everyone has pointed out, what it means to be “down” isn’t arguable.  The OP , and obviously he’s not alone, doesn’t understand that.

You down the guy or you play to the whistle.  Those two maxims are as old as the game. 

It’s a bogus complaint all around

Many fans blame the Bills woes for two decades on a conspiracy.

As in evil powers forcing the Bills to hire the most useless execs and coaches and draft useless players 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/26/2018 at 4:19 AM, Hellcamino said:

OK, whatever dude. I said his forward progress was stopped. I didn't say how it was announced. and unless you are stupid, You know exactly what I meant by being ruled down. There is no need to twist words and be a condescending jackass. All I posted was that I didn't like the way a rule is being enforced.  I am allowed to not like something. If you don't agree, then YOU move on. 

btw Kelso was losing his mind over this as well. He's played in SB's. But I guess like me, He must be too dumb to understand the rules enough to be able to form an opinion on if one them is flawed.  

But thanks to a couple experts here,  we all now know the truth. The rule is perfect, The Refs enforce it perfectly,  It's the Bills and their coaching that sucks.  And if you don't agree with that, you are an idiot.  Thanks guys! You've convinced me.

Feel better soon.

On 12/26/2018 at 5:09 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

The game has become electric football, pure chaos:

200w.gif

Enjoy watching the same big market teams every year make lots of $$$$ for the players and NFL.

The game is unwatchable, let it go.  So much needs to be fixed, it ain't funny.  This doesn't mean I agree with the OP.  I don't agree, I think the calls were okay... But I get the OP's purist, idealistic argument.

Yet... The refs are crooked, inconsistent, game way too complicated... Too much technology, too many cameras, etc... So who really cares?  Why rack your brain trying to care, you won't make a difference.

Again, the game has simply become unwatchable, a farce.  What's so hard to understand?

Just try and give as least money as you physically can to the NFL while enjoying the parts of the game you are able to.  Ie: Follow the game for other reasons, you simply won't be able to watch it like you should.

When the wind starts to blow in your face, you can struggle and try to head up into it... OR you can adjust your sails and tack around.  This topic is a non-issue.  The refs are severely tainted.  More rules won't make the refs less arbitrary.  This isn't some grand conspiracy.  The NFL game is just played, from the rules side, like a rudderless ship. IE: "Electric Football."

Enjoy the electric football for the chaos it is.  And if you have the nerves of steel go ahead and attempt the impossible... Pass that little foam football that comes with the electric football game!  LMAO

[SIDENOTE: Did anybody ever get those games to work half way decent?  We got one for Christmas as Children, I think the thing went back in the box after 10 minutes...LoL]

Then why do you watch the game??

ill never understand posters who say the game is “unwatchable”....yet they can’t take their eyes off it!! And then they race to post on this site, again, how unwatchable it is

Spare us—-just stop watching already.  

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Feel better soon.

ill never understand posters who say the game is “unwatchable”....yet they can’t take their eyes off it!! And then they race to post on this site, again, how unwatchable it is

Most people I’ve watched football with complained about everything the whole game

they are simply bitter 90 year old ladies in the body of a man between the ages of 8 and 80

they complain their entire life

avoid them if you can

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Feel better soon.

I figured out how to kill the NFL, you order Sunday ticket but don't watch the games on Sunday. You just watch the replay of the game on Tuesday.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Feel better soon.

I don't watch the games. This is my only social media presence.  Mostly Off The Wall, etc... The games are the light common link.

I will follow online... Or either go to the games for the party, tailgating... Camaraderie.  I still follow the home team for the sole purpose of seeing if the Home can stick it up the crooked League's azz one day.

Come on... Are we really this duped?  I buy low and sell high.  That's all.  

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I figured out how to kill the NFL, you order Sunday ticket but don't watch the games on Sunday. You just watch the replay of the game on Tuesday.

How about not watch at all, just follow online.  Nobody pay.  

Get Sirius, listen while doing other things.