Edmunds and Allen - Two Huge Misses in 1st Round

BuffaloBaumer

Not only are these two guys first round picks, the trade up to get Allen while losing our starting left tackle and giving up second round draft picks will set the franchise back at least another four years. This GM and Coach are Beyond lost and the longer they hang around, the longer the rebuild will take.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Not only are these two guys first round picks, the trade up to get Allen while losing our starting left tackle and giving up second round draft picks will set the franchise back at least another four years. This GM and Coach are Beyond lost and the longer they hang around, the longer the rebuild will take.

So what they are today as rookies is what they'll always be?  ;)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Well, Allen is currently the best player on the entire offense.   So...........the rest of the team must be really, really bad.

• Like (+1) 1

Good God. They are both rookies. Allen has shown signs of improvement and in my opinion still didn't even really look that bad today. Let's get him some real receivers and see what happens. As far as Edmunds, he's 20 freaking years old. Everyone in the league is older than he is. Give him an entire offseason with our coaching staff and have them work out some kinks and he probably improves.

Step off the ledge. Give it some time. For the love of God

• Like (+1) 1

There are kids 4 years older than Edmunds playing college football who will be draft eligible this year 

that is 4 years of weight training , strength and conditioning and experience 

He May become great, he may not... but he is far from done growing and still has plenty of body to fill out and he will be a completely different player at 25 than he is today 

He looks like a big kid playing in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Man, do I have some good news for you JUST IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!!!

There are 31 other teams you can follow who drafted more to your liking.

Enjoy.  And Merry Christmas, my friend!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

That's what people said about Goff after his first season.  Then they actually got some talent around him.

They actually had a fair amount of talent already in place. They added more and got a good , innovative offensive minded HC. 

6 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

BB, long time lurker that generally agrees with your posts...  Give the kids a couple of years before you label them busts.  Cheers and Merry Christmas.

I may admit that today got the best of me, and to see so many weaknesses on this team after being bad for so many years, it just blows my mind.

I want to like Allen so badly but I just do not see any Improvement on his game week in and week out. He is still missing a lot of easy throws and I would much rather have him throw 30 interceptions as long as I can say, now that is the kind of throw I have been waiting to see my quarterback make for a long time.