Cut McCoy, Sign Bell (edited from McCoy out 6.4M cap)

RPbillsfan

I read their was an issue between McCoy and McDermott causing Lesean to be benched for the first series.

I further read that the Bills only take a 2.6 million Cap hit if he is released or traded in the offseason.

Honestly at 31 his best days are past and looking at the future why not conside Bell for 3 years to 45 to 48 million, he is 27, fresh after a year off and coming to a team that will have a new and improved offensive line and a ton of draft picks.

Ive read Bell is looking at the Colts but the Colts have Marlon Mack and he is good, young and cost effective.  I think our biggest challenger will be the Jets who could offer comparable money with a slightly better offensive situation but not as many picks due to last years trade up.

Bell on a three year deal is something I would consider.  What about you.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This is the worst running game I have seen since I became a Bills fan. I can’t even remember the last time a RB ran for more than 6 yards for a first down. That should happen multiple times per game. The running game has put so much pressure on Allen. I would like a vet and a rookie brought in next year along with a new oline. We have so many needs on offence, hopefully Beane has some magic in him.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

I want Tevin Coleman and TJ Yeldon in FA, let them share the load. Probably cost 3-4 million less than we're paying now. A two back system is the way to go.

I loved Coleman coming out of IU but it’s time to face the facts. He is not good. I don’t have the rankings but I’m willing to bet he is one of the worst RBs for yards after contact.

Touch him and he goes down.

Draft a stud.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, CommonCents said:

I loved Coleman coming out of IU but it’s time to face the facts. He is not good. I don’t have the rankings but I’m willing to bet he is one of the worst RBs for yards after contact.

Touch him and he goes down.

Draft a stud.

Yeah but Coleman can catch. Yeldon can catch too. Both can get you 1k on the ground, Coleman has done so before.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billspro said:

This is the worst running game I have seen since I became a Bills fan. I can’t even remember the last time a RB ran for more than 6 yards for a first down. That should happen multiple times per game. The running game has put so much pressure on Allen. I would like a vet and a rookie brought in next year along with a new oline. We have so many needs on offence, hopefully Beane has some magic in him.

100% agree. It’s pathetic that I’m surprised and excited when we “pop” one for 5 or 6 yds on first down..... and then when you watch a team today run all over us. Just maddening. 

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I want Tevin Coleman and TJ Yeldon in FA, let them share the load. Probably cost 3-4 million less than we're paying now. A two back system is the way to go.

I'm definitely on the Coleman train. I'm so-so on Yeldon. He seemed okay for a bit but never really lived up to his potential. 

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Yeah but Coleman can catch. Yeldon can catch too. Both can get you 1k on the ground, Coleman has done so before.

When did Coleman run for 1k? Like I said I liked him in college but his play hasn’t translated well at the next level. Sure, he runs fast but he goes down way too easy. Coleman is a guy I who I would say gets what you block, I’m not paying a guy like that. 

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

100% agree. It’s pathetic that I’m surprised and excited when we “pop” one for 5 or 6 yds on first down..... and then when you watch a team today run all over us. Just maddening. 

It’s crazy that 5 yards feels like an amazing run. I get so used to watching runs for 2 yards or less. I would be shocked if we had more than 5 explosive runs all year, I think Shady had a couple and McKenzie had one.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Is there any RB close to a Barkley coming out this year? Love from Stanford? And RBs worth taking in the first 2 rounds?

Love had a worse year this year but I think he is legit. He is small so we might be able to draft him in the third.

3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

When did Coleman run for 1k? Like I said I liked him in college but his play hasn’t translated well at the next level. Sure, he runs fast but he goes down way too easy. Coleman is a guy I who I would say gets what you block, I’m not paying a guy like that. 

You are right, he did not, my bad. He has gotten pretty close though and can easily get you 1k all purpose yards, Yeldon too.