A Few Thoughts about the Pats Game, In no particular order

Virgil

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Brady didn’t attempt a pass over 20 yards today. Yet McDermott and Frazier respected his arm. Brady is done and the Pats will get killed in the playoffs. This is the last year for NE. 

We have a young core and need improvements on the oline WR and Dline. 

They won in a cakewalk without even looking 20 yards downfield?

how is that a bad thing?

19 minutes ago, row_33 said:

how is that a bad thing?

That's probably the saddest thing.  Brady had a very bad game. Gronk had a nightmare game.  Edelman had a bad game.  And yet they won in relative ease. Erase the garbage time TD by the Bills and that was the actual game.  The Bills and Allen have a very long way to go.

5 hours ago, Idandria said:

The one thing I noticed was the lack of penalties. A few weeks ago we were penalized every other play. This game flowed well. Nice to see an improvement there I guess. 

The zebras grabbed the opportunity to appear impartial since the Bills were finding creative ways all on their own to gift the Pats this game.

The worst part is that they win the division yet again, but truly are on a downhill slide and this one feels cheap—any competence by the Bills today would’ve been enough to win, that’s how mortal the Pats have become.

Oh, and we should probably plan to pencil in a practice session for special teams sometime this week? Just a friendly suggestion from the ghost of Christmases past, when the Bills were actually feared in this department. Maybe Tasker could guest coach this week, and give Crossman’s overworked brain a well deserved time out?

5.  McKenzie drops 20 yard pass for 1st down. Foster loses 80 yard td in the sun. Croom fumbles 30 yard reception near the goal line.  Qb Logan Thomas drops perfect 30 yard td pass at the pylon. Add all that up and Josh has an amazing day. These wr's and te's are a joke and don't even belong on an nfl roster.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

That's probably the saddest thing.  Brady had a very bad game. Gronk had a nightmare game.  Edelman had a bad game.  And yet they won in relative ease. Erase the garbage time TD by the Bills and that was the actual game.  The Bills and Allen have a very long way to go.

The last minute loss of a Josh Gordon damaged the Pats passing game, so they went to the ground

giess the Bills missed the memo on possible changes 

8 hours ago, PolishDave said:

A lot of those yards you can blame on 47 and 52.   The Patriots ran at them all day successfully.   Very smart decision on their part.   And Lorax has lost 2 steps not 1.   He has excellent instincts, but lacks the physicality to execute what he knows he needs to do.   Wish he could pass his instincts on to Edmunds magically.   Maybe then Edmunds would be good.

What the Bills needed today was a healthy starting defense like they had a few games ago.   And - some receivers who don't suck.   If they had that, they win that game today even with the mistakes they made.    And I think they would have won handily.   The reason I say that is because if they could have ever got the lead, especially early, the Patriots would have gotten away from the run.  And this had the makings for one of Brady's worst games ever if they could have just forced the Patriots to be one dimensional - throwing.   Those early big runs gave the Patriots the confidence to just keep pounding it on the ground.

You forgot to include 98

There is a difference in how the NE approach the fans in the stadium experience. Unlike New era , the Pats front office does not want heavy drinking,drunk fans and people passing out or fighting in the stands. If you are obnoxious, you lose your season tickets.

They can do this because they have a large season ticket waiting list! Compare that to what happens at New Era field!

13 hours ago, row_33 said:

how is that a bad thing?

McDermott played a terrible defense. Unfortunately the league is living in the past. If Belichick coached against Brady I think he would say ‘ let’s see if you can win with your arm’. Stack the box take away slants and see what Brady has. I think Brady is done. My opinion and could be wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 5 weeks later...