A Few Thoughts about the Pats Game, In no particular order

Virgil

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Just asking, but did shutting down the passing game cause too much defensive exposure to the Pats running game today?

you can’t have it all...

No. Their passing game just sucked.  

stahhppp quoting the entire post.

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

You really seem to take any knock on the Patriots to heart. Make me wonder where your loyalty lays.

I noticed OP’s point #10, too.  I just figure most Patriots fans are white-bread “old money” types.  :shrug:

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Credit them is such a cop out. He got outcoached and out schemed. Today was his worst coaching performance. Your right, next year is it- he better unscrew things or hes done. Honestly, I have no faith right now.

I credit McDermott for being smart enough to avoid the ax in Carolina.  It’s a pity Kim striped in as our football czar was Tom Coughlin had interviewed for the job.  So, we now have an inexperienced meddling owner over engaged into decisions and not wanting to give up control.  Mismanaging this team into basically giving away tickets, discounted meal vouchers, hotel room vouchers, and trying to play catch up finically; drastically performing massive layoffs in the PSE shared hospitality industry.  Check the PSE Twitter feed and they actually hired an exit sports franchise consultant.  You cannot unscrew this up; all you can do is pray I’m wrong.  

Nice review.  While I don't agree with everything you posted as usual it's always a thought provoking analysis.

My take on Allen is that with better WR/TE play this would have been one of those rookie QB days where you say "damn he made some dumb throws and decisions but he also made a bunch of great plays".  IMO Allen's 2 INT's are on him 100%.  But damn, he should have at least another 125 yards passing and 2 - 3 passing TD's.  That's on his "skill players" 100%.  I actually feel a bit better about Allen's performance then I did while watching the game.  However, it's dispiriting that we need to overhaul the entire RB, WR & TE positions.  Foster is probably at best a 3rd receiver (like Beebe was which is no small thing) and there is no NFL quality starting TE currently on the roster. 

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

In other news, Shaq Mason RG gonna be a free agent.  I watched him a lot today, strong dude, plays low n nasty run blocker.  Doesn't look big but he seemed to have a great game.

Shaq signed an extension before the season. He is now one of the highest paid guards in the league now. 

1 hour ago, hemma said:

I watched and wondered why our Offensive Line can’t block like that. 

Not even for one series.  Just never.

Why is that?

Patriots ran a power running game similar to what we used to do under Greg Roman. A scheme like that is what I thought we were going to see when Daboll came on staff. We have not seen it. So perhaps it will take a change in the o-line coach for there to be a change there. A power running scheme would benefit all of our lineman as they are a much better fit for that as compared to what they are doing now. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

You really seem to take any knock on the Patriots to heart. Make me wonder where your loyalty lays.

Why would I hide my loyalty? It's not that I take it to heart per say, it's just so ***** pathetic that it's impossible for me to not react all the time.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

I credit McDermott for being smart enough to avoid the ax in Carolina.  It’s a pity Kim striped in as our football czar was Tom Coughlin had interviewed for the job.  So, we now have an inexperienced meddling owner over engaged into decisions and not wanting to give up control.  Mismanaging this team into basically giving away tickets, discounted meal vouchers, hotel room vouchers, and trying to play catch up finically; drastically performing massive layoffs in the PSE shared hospitality industry.  Check the PSE Twitter feed and they actually hired an exit sports franchise consultant.  You cannot unscrew this up; all you can do is pray I’m wrong.  

This is just an investment for him- his wife being the president is a joke! The whole Pegula thing downtown is failing miserably 

26 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Nice review.  While I don't agree with everything you posted as usual it's always a thought provoking analysis.

My take on Allen is that with better WR/TE play this would have been one of those rookie QB days where you say "damn he made some dumb throws and decisions but he also made a bunch of great plays".  IMO Allen's 2 INT's are on him 100%.  But damn, he should have at least another 125 yards passing and 2 - 3 passing TD's.  That's on his "skill players" 100%.  I actually feel a bit better about Allen's performance then I did while watching the game.  However, it's dispiriting that we need to overhaul the entire RB, WR & TE positions.  Foster is probably at best a 3rd receiver (like Beebe was which is no small thing) and there is no NFL quality starting TE currently on the roster. 

It’s almost sickening to think about how poorly the team played around Allen today.  He wasn’t great, as you mentioned but he had to deal with no running game (again) plus:

-McKenzie drop to end a drive. 

-Foster losing a 65 yard TD in the sun. 

-Thomas letting a potential TD go right through his hands. 

-Croom fumbling at the 10 yard line. 

Nevermind the fact he constantly has tight windows when throwing to anyone not named Foster due to lack of separation (which BB exploited by crowding the line and playing tight, physical coverage) 

Edited by SCBills

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I'm honestly sick of watching the same game every time we play the Patriots.

If the Pats play well they win by 40. If they play poorly they win by 25 and if they play like absolute garbage(like today) they win by 10 or 15...

Its ridiculous, and it goes way beyond talent on the field. It goes to the mentality of this team and these players that simply dont believe they can win the game. We have already lost the game before we even play it in the 6 days leading up to it.

Its like no matter what the Pats do they still end up winning. They could hand the Bills 20 points off turnovers and still win the game. Today Tom Brady was absolute trash and almost cost them the game, but we couldnt stop the run and couldnt do anything offensively. Pats gave us chance after chance after chance with uncharacteristic dumb plays for them, and they looked almost disinterested in playing...and what do we do? Nothing...get down to the 5 yard line and fumble the ball...go 3 and out over and over. Hit 25 and 30 yard punts over and over to give them great field position...like what in the actual ***** is wrong with this team when they play the Pats??

Until these players actually believe they can win against this team nothing will change.

this

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s almost sickening to think about how poorly the team played around Allen today.  He wasn’t great, as you mentioned but he had to deal with no running game (again) plus:

-McKenzie drop to end a drive. 

-Foster losing a 65 yard TD in the sun. 

-Thomas letting a potential TD go right through his hands. 

-Croom fumbling at the 10 yard line. 

Nevermind the fact he constantly has tight windows when throwing to anyone not named Foster due to lack of separation (which BB exploited by crowding the line and playing tight, physical coverage) 

Croom fumbled at the 5 yard.

• Thank you (+1) 1