Tremaine Edmunds: He was the worst player on the field Dec 23 (vs NE)

BADOLBILZ

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Im done arguing with you.  Younprobably cant ever tell me his stats on the year.  He has been very effective against the pass.  Statistically he has had a good year.  He has made a few mistakes.  No point in talking to a wall.

...good...it finally worked.......

• Haha (+1) 1

So what every one is saying is we don't know how to draft and foolishly waste valuable draft pics we desperately need by trading up. And our HC is too stubborn to move a player to a position he should have been in in the first place.  And we all trust that "process" because past performance does not matter, since the future is always brighter. You just have to wait and believe and everything will magically get better.

Not that our front office scouting and player selection staff and our coaching staff just suck.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, dabills21 said:

I'll also point out, that everyone should go back and watch some replays, if you're available to.

You'll notice double digit run attempts that the Pats motioning WR or TE "crack" down on the outside defender and leave Wallace to make a 1-1 tackle outside...which I admit that Wallace has shown promise in coverage, but he really needs to improve his tackling.   And the jet sweeps...ive never seen a defense so incapable of stopping this.  The Bills defensive ends and OlBs did not adjust to this at all.

Like many have said, not having Milano really hurt.  I think we can appreciate him a little more after this poor effort.  The Bills lack of depth at LB really hurts.  When you have to start a rookie UDFA and an aging (who is best suited as a sub package player, not fulltime, in Zo) this is the outcome.

Again, go ahead and say the unit played horribly...dont single out a player, 1 of 11.  These are the moments that we wish that we could fast forward 1-2 years and say "I told you so"...but don't worry I'll be here waiting and ready to bring this back up

Speaking of which - no one is even talking about it but Shaq Lawson might take second place for worst player on the field on Sunday - our first round “edge setter” was an absolute disgrace.  Not sure what he’s good at besides tipping passes at the line.

19 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Speaking of which - no one is even talking about it but Shaq Lawson might take second place for worst player on the field on Sunday - our first round “edge setter” was an absolute disgrace.  Not sure what he’s good at besides tipping passes at the line.

He didn't play well Sunday but Shaq had actually had a good season. Not justifying a first round pick good but certainly a major step forward on his first and second year. 

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He didn't play well Sunday but Shaq had actually had a good season. Not justifying a first round pick good but certainly a major step forward on his first and second year. 

Agreed he added value - question is what the price is for the second contract - does he want to be paid like a “first round pass rusher” or will he take “edge setter” money?  The spread will be huge.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Agreed he added value - question is what the price is for the second contract - does he want to be paid like a “first round pass rusher” or will he take “edge setter” money?  The spread will be huge.

I don't think anyone will give him the former. 

On 12/23/2018 at 5:07 PM, NewDayBills said:

Edmunds should be our SLB/situational pass rusher. Need a MLB.

Agreed.

With his size, length and explosive traits, he seems better suited for the edge. 

He doesn't have the instincts to play inside. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed.

With his size, length and explosive traits, he seems better suited for the edge. 

He doesn't have the instincts to play inside. 

And the aggressiveness to take on blockers and shed them. 

I think Edmund's at best could end up being a decent MLB, he lacks the instincts.

But I believe he could end up being an All-Pro OLB.  Let him rush the passer, cover TE's, drop back in zone coverage.  If you lessen his responsibilities and just allow him to focus on those things he will flourish.  

MLB is one of those positions that you either have it or you don't and I don't think he has the instincts to be top tier.  I hope they truly evaluate him during this off season and address it.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/24/2018 at 2:43 PM, John from Riverside said:

I always get concerned when I see a MLB standing next to a tackle after the play is over and not IN on the tackle......

That’s been the case the entire season. He appears completely adverse to punishing the ball carrier. Not a good trait for a MLB. And at his young age he should want to hit EVERYTHING. It’s only after ten years in the league (see Shady) that he should be shirking contact.

Im just going to play devil's advocate here.  Is there any situation at all where we wont decide a players future within a 1 season time frame?  Apparently TE is done as a MLB even though he is super young and a rookie so idk how much more of a leash a player should be allotted. Some are still certain JA is a bust. But is there any situation where we wont set a players fate in stone after 1 season of review?

• Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Im just going to play devil's advocate here.  Is there any situation at all where we wont decide a players future within a 1 season time frame?  Apparently TE is done as a MLB even though he is super young and a rookie so idk how much more of a leash a player should be allotted. Some are still certain JA is a bust. But is there any situation where we wont set a players fate in stone after 1 season of review?

Nah, we want instant gratification and if we can't have that, instant certitude that usually amounts to OBD is stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/23/2018 at 3:59 PM, ScottLaw said:

Just wait until he's 21!

Thats when everything changes!

It's not some arbitrary age that he hits that will make him better. It's about being young and his body still developing physically.

Look at guys like Vander Esch, who have two years on him in age. You just have to give the guy time to develop, if they don't, then you move on from him when his rookie contract is up.  

I swear, people on this board just think that if you aren't a HOF player your complete trash. They think that if a rookie doesn't come in a light the world on fire he is a bust. Hello, a lot of guys struggle as a rookie and turn it on later in their careers. 

On 12/25/2018 at 4:58 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

No way he gets big money. Lawson has come around, but he's not a difference maker and never will be.

Wonder if there's a team out there that sees "potential" in the former first round pick and would do something crazy like give us a 3rd. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:54 PM, BillsSB2020 said:

I wish Ruben Foster would a had a pair of those shades when the ball got lost in the sun.? It seems to be that Edmunds is a fresh faced rookie and the expectation is that it will all slow down for him next season. Perhaps they need a run plugger for the middle and a jackrabbit out of the backfield to shore up the middle areas but those guys are usually available on the open market. 

I think you mean Robert