Tremaine Edmunds: He was the worst player on the field Dec 23 (vs NE)

BADOLBILZ

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Says the anonymous guy on the message board... ?

Wait, what - this is an interesting turn, Allen was the second worst player on the field today!? o_O

He looked objectively terrible, as did the punter. Maybe a 3 way tie.

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He was awful today.

Worst player on the field.

He's been poor most of the season and I think today was on par with or as bad as he's been all season.

Critically poor instincts........big target who can't get off blocks.........not strong or physical enough.......poor leverage........doesn't move well thru traffic........doesn't make plays in a scheme where he should be making a ton of them.

He's young........yeah........but this isn't the QB position.......good MLB's are almost without exception tremendous right out of the gate.

Don't be surprised if he's at OLB next season folks.

Glad someone said it.  Bad news when you draft a physical freak to play MLB and he can't outphysical, well, anyone.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He should play Wlb. He’s not physical enough or good enough against the run to play MLB. 

When they drafted him I didn't believe the talk they were going to try to move him inside and figured they'd move him back in TC.

His ceiling as an outside matchup piece was very high.    

I would never waste a first round pick on a MLB.............you don't need a great one and they are readily available elsewhere...........if that means I gotta' live without a Luke Kuechly on defense so be it.

As Bandit mentioned in the gameday thread...........they'd be better off with Stanford in the middle right now and he's a journeyman special teamer.  

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He should play Wlb. He’s not physical enough or good enough against the run to play MLB. 

Honestly this. He is very good in coverage, and playing sideline to sideline... but when it comes to running down hill and shedding blockers he is pretty poor... No I dont think 1 more year suddenly changes this. Its a fearless mindset IMO that you either have by nature or you dont.

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He was awful today.

Worst player on the field.

He's been poor most of the season and I think today was on par with or as bad as he's been all season.

Critically poor instincts........big target who can't get off blocks.........not strong or physical enough.......poor leverage........doesn't move well thru traffic........doesn't make plays in a scheme where he should be making a ton of them.

He's young........yeah........but this isn't the QB position.......good MLB's are almost without exception tremendous right out of the gate.

Don't be surprised if he's at OLB next season folks.

Makes the decision to let Preston Brown walk for peanuts all the more unusual.  PB was not really all that good, but he had decent instincts and could command the defense.  Edmunds has the range that McD likes, but all the athleticism in the world doesn't matter when you pick the wrong hole.

He is a “watcher” - he sits back and watches the play develop in front of (and then behind) him.  He’s almost always late to the action.  And he has zero functional strength - the next drive-tackle he makes will be his first one.

Wouldnt be shocked to see him moved to edge rusher - he can be like Chandler Jones, maybe.  But he’s just not a MLB.

• Like (+1) 6

We need to stop trading up. The only player you can justify that for so far is Allen just because he plays QB. Dawkins, Jones, and now Edmunds have not been worth the trade ups. Our best player was drafted in a trade down. I don't get the unearned confidence in the scouting.

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Says the anonymous guy on the message board... ?

Wait, what - this is an interesting turn, Allen was the second worst player on the field today!? o_O

Yep, here we go again with the Allen & Edmunds haters, it just doesn't stop.

Get a grip people.

For the record, Edmunds had a bad game, but there's no reason to give up on him.

Also, enough with the wining about not taking Vander Esche. Sheesh! I guess the Bears blew it too, when they took Roquan Smith instead of Vander Esche. Right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Honestly this. He is very good in coverage, and playing sideline to sideline... but when it comes to running down hill and shedding blockers he is pretty poor... No I dont think 1 more year suddenly changes this. Its a fearless mindset IMO that you either have by nature or you dont.

Image result for nick young gif

Just now, HappyDays said:

We need to stop trading up. The only player you can justify that for so far is Allen just because he plays QB. Dawkins, Jones, and now Edmunds have not been worth the trade ups. Our best player was drafted in a trade down. I don't get the unearned confidence in the scouting.

It’s not “unearned confidence” so much as zero accountability for making mistakes.  These guys know they’re unfireable.

Had the same weaknesses in college which I've brought up before and everyone got angry at me for. 

He was not drafted for his football ability, these guys love physical attributes for some reason: tall and fast is better than short and slow (their best LB Zo proves why that is wrong every single week).