Shady benched for start of game?

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

None of them had a good season.  The oline sucks.  Saying that... its obvious McCoy has lost it.  The guy has been the worst back on this team.  Just look at today alone.

Ford: 7 carries 33 yards 4.7 avg

McCoy: 6 carries 9 yards 1.5 avg.

Today alone doesn't tell you anything.  None of them had a good SEASON.  That tells the story.  

55 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Funny thing for a defensive-minded coach to say when the Pats response to our offensive game plan was to put eight guys in the box...

It's what every opposing team does---they know the only running threat on this team is the QB.

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That will teach McDermott to accept gifts of jewelry form McCoy going forward.

Anyway: look at this BS form the team captain: 6 carries, 9 yards.

See ya quitter...

I don't even know if he quit. Between the horrid o-line and his declining skills.

Poor play calling, etc. He provides nothing for the offense. 

It's hard to even see a role for him next season.

The OBD braintrust could make another boneheaded decision and keep him 

around. 

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Honestly I wonder if Shady was hoping to head back to Philly, and when we didn't move him he somewhat checked out.

For my 2 cents, the pic below told me everything I needed to know about where Shady’s mindset was at by then. Pic worth a thousand words and all that:

28 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

I don't even know if he quit. Between the horrid o-line and his declining skills.

Poor play calling, etc. He provides nothing for the offense. 

It's hard to even see a role for him next season.

The OBD braintrust could make another boneheaded decision and keep him 

around. 

The o-line is not good.  Play calling?  what plays is the OC supposed to call for this guy at this point??  Even on Schop and Bulldog, they got it right: "they give the ball to McCoy, and nothing happens".

2 hours ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I just don't understand what Beane was doing on that one.  Just get your 3rd round pick and move forward.  really asinine non-move.

yep, and that 3rd round pick becomes Bryce Love or another RB.   Also you still have Ivory and that point (better behind a terrible O-line) and Murphy and Ford.  

Although, Shady apparently gavevFoster the reality-check he needed, so keeping McCoy could have been worth it for that.  

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

McCoy retired about the same time Vonta Davis did.  He still wanted his paycheck though. 

Who knew the running star would be Allen, until his knee or head gets busted on a chaotic scramble

On 12/24/2018 at 3:36 AM, WhyteDwarf said:

I just don't understand what Beane was doing on that one.  Just get your 3rd round pick and move forward.  really asinine non-move.

reports mentioned that the going rate was 5th round....I don't remember a 3rd round pick offer