Shady benched for start of game?

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Honestly I wonder if Shady was hoping to head back to Philly, and when we didn't move him he somewhat checked out.

Stop.  Lack of production doesn't mean quit.  What production has the other RB's generated?  What has the offensive line produced?  All of them "quit" too?

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, WhyteDwarf said:

I just don't understand what Beane was doing on that one.  Just get your 3rd round pick and move forward.  really asinine non-move.

And you know they were offering a 3rd round pick..?

Nice to hear that McDermott is putting people in their place. :beer:

2 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I just don't understand what Beane was doing on that one.  Just get your 3rd round pick and move forward.  really asinine non-move.

A third?  If he's as washed as some on the board think why would you think they could get that much for him?

3 minutes ago, Heitz said:

And you know they were offering a 3rd round pick..?

Nice to hear that McDermott is putting people in their place. :beer:

From memory, they inquired, and what I read was Beane wanted a 2nd and a 3rd, which is ridiculous.  I think they prob could have gotten a 3rd from the Eagles, but that's just a guess.  Looking at the situation now, any pick they got for him would have worked lol.

Edited by WhyteDwarf

Just now, purple haze said:

What RB had a good season.  Please tell us.  And if your answer is none, tell us why that it is.  

I'm not saying anyone did.  Beane has to know that rebuilding an OL takes a couple years, Shady is not going to be the RB1 at that point in time, it was stupid not to trade him for a pick.

I'm not so sure we get rid of him just yet.  His salary is high sure but it's not like we are close to the cap.  If we fix the problems to our line next year I'd still like to see him play lightening to a rookie running back's thunder.  If he is a problem in the locker room or says I'm done, then you move on.  He's a potential hall of famer and these young guys can learn a thing or two from him.  That being said, his legal situation is upsetting and could be the ultimate reason he gets let go.  

1 minute ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I'm not saying anyone did.  Beane has to know that rebuilding an OL takes a couple years, Shady is not going to be the RB1 at that point in time, it was stupid not to trade him for a pick.

If it takes a GM a couple years to build an o line he should be fired.  Spend the resources to build it.  It has to be a priority and this off season it was not.  They chose to muddle through, adding Bodine, who was suspect in Cincinnati.  This offseason I expect picks and dollars to attract more accomplished o lineman.

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kid: "I just think overall I expected us to be able to drive the car more"

Parent: "Then why didn't you put gas in it?"

Kid: "It needs gas?"

McDermott: "I just think overall I just expected us to be able to run the ball more"

Shady: "Then why didn't you upgrade the OL?"

McDermott: "You need an OL?"

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, purple haze said:

What RB had a good season.  Please tell us.  And if your answer is none, tell us why that it is.  

None of them had a good season.  The oline sucks.  Saying that... its obvious McCoy has lost it.  The guy has been the worst back on this team.  Just look at today alone.

Ford: 7 carries 33 yards 4.7 avg

McCoy: 6 carries 9 yards 1.5 avg.

I get it.  McCoy is a HoF candidate and he has been great for the Bills in the past.  That's the thing though.  It's the past.  McCoy is at the end of his career.  Just accept it.

1 minute ago, purple haze said:

If it takes a GM a couple years to build an o line he should be fired.  Spend the resources to build it.  It has to be a priority and this off season it was not.  They chose to muddle through, adding Bodine, who was suspect in Cincinnati.  This offseason I expect picks and dollars to attract more accomplished o lineman.

Just because you have a lot of money to spend, doesn't mean you can fix an OL in one go. The good players actually HAVE to want to come here.  And as far as the draft, you'll likely only get one starter on the OL, and he'll be a rookie.  Yeah, it will take years... 

Clappy just loves his rules.   Go to mass, say "yes, Sir" a lot, show up early for lifting, pay for the next guy's coffee at Timmy Ho's ... so on and so forth.   

If only our guys were all just a little bit nicer; we'd be just like the Saints.   It's the CULTURE.

Of course, doing stuff like trading up in the draft, not knowing when a tie is just as bad as a loss in a critical playoff run game and today's example: punting when you're down 3 scores with 6mins left in the game (assuming we're still trying to win these games), doesn't really help the cause.