Father Time is finally catching up with Brady

42 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Am I the only one who suspects that BB is retiring or leaving the Patriots either after this season or next?  I can't help wondering what he told McDaniels that made him turn down a head coaching job that he had already accepted.  My guess is that he said, "Hang around here another year or two, and you can be coaching the Patriots."

Belichick does not strike me as the kind of guy who will ever retire. Too competitive, and my sense is that he likes what he does too much.  Can’t see him sitting around an old folks home cheating at Bingo.  I think he also wants to prove to the world that he can win without Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

McDaniels turned down the indy job because him in chris ballard were already butting heads over the strength and conditioning department.

BB already stated he is not ready to retire.

This sounds highly unlikely. Do you also believe that a guy was nicknamed the Deflator due to his weight loss program?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Totally agree. He looked miserable and like he was going through the motions. 

I don't see them winning this year with KC & NO or even LA. They might not get out of the 1st round against Houston or Baltimore.

Will be interesting to see what BB does if Brady/Gronk retire.

9 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Watching Gronk attempt to run this season has been crazy. I'd love for them to comeback, I'm starting to get the feeling they won't and we will never get to see the Bills just beat up on them. 

I really really hope I'm wrong.

Yeah. Gronk has become a liability out there. His body is 50 years old. I've been watching Tom Brady for OVER 20 years as  a Michigan fan and I've never once believed he was done...until now. Everything is off for him and PERHAPS he is subconsciously aware of it. He throws off his back foot to avoid ANY contact, etc. Not just because he knew he could beat the Bills. This has been going on for a while. I don't buy the injury thing and even if it is the case, Brady doesn't suddenly bounce back at 42. Manning was also injured toward the end of his time in Denver. You can be both injured and done.

None of this means anything if the Bills don't drastically improve, but as far as the Patriots are concerned, it's over.

24 minutes ago, Looper said:

I don't see them winning this year with KC & NO or even LA. They might not get out of the 1st round against Houston or Baltimore.

I don't think they beat the Ravens if that ends up being the first round matchup. Wouldn't that be fitting?

9 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. Gronk has become a liability out there. His body is 50 years old. I've been watching Tom Brady for OVER 20 years as  a Michigan fan and I've never once believed he was done...until now. Everything is off for him and PERHAPS he is subconsciously aware of it. He throws off his back foot to avoid ANY contact, etc. Not just because he knew he could beat the Bills. This has been going on for a while. I don't buy the injury thing and even if it is the case, Brady doesn't suddenly bounce back at 42. Manning was also injured toward the end of his time in Denver. You can be both injured and done.

None of this means anything if the Bills don't drastically improve, but as far as the Patriots are concerned, it's over.

I don't think they beat the Ravens if that ends up being the first round matchup. Wouldn't that be fitting?

Happened twice before up at Gillette. 

I can't wait until I see something like this again ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:1990_AFC_East_standings

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Looper said:

That Baltimore defense is playing LIGHTS OUT. If L Jax limits turnovers and the offense can put up some points, I EXPECT the Ravens to beat that team.

And I was referencing the past when the Ravens were the only team to go into Gillette and actually come out with a W. As much hate as Flacco gets, he had his playoff moments.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol I loved threw the patsy years when if they went .500 it felt like an accomplishment.  I also don’t think the Jets will win ANYTHING any time soon.  Thankfully they are run very very poorly.. 

I’ll cheer for my team even when they go 1-15. (And they will someday do that..) it’s a game, enjoy the good times and remember in the bad times it isn’t life or death but entertainment.

Im sure there will be three or four of you

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Im sure there will be three or four of you

Lol pats were selling out as soon as Robert Kraft bought the team, continued even during the Pete Carroll years and BB first year of 4-11.   The fans are passionate up here, the real ones again just can’t afford it so lot of corporate shirts in there now..

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol pats were selling out as soon as Robert Kraft bought the team, continued even during the Pete Carroll years and BB first year of 4-11.   The fans are passionate up here, the real ones again just can’t afford it so lot of corporate shirts in there now..

BB went 4-11.  Fire him

7 hours ago, Looper said:

You do realize that they most likely will be resting at home during the 1st round of the playoffs right ?....All they need is 1 home win and they are off to another AFC Championship game...same old song and dance...

10 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

You do realize that they most likely will be resting at home during the 1st round of the playoffs right ?....All they need is 1 home win and they are off to another AFC Championship game...same old song and dance...

Facts have never meant much around here...

35 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

I meant their 1st round, but you do know they haven't clinched a 1st round bye yet ?

Edited by Looper
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

BREAKING NEWS: Father time catches up with Brady, flagged for roughing the passer, suspended indefinitely by Goodell.  

Father Time was also fined $50,000,000 by the league, which will be donated to the new preferred charity, TB12 Sports.

I just don't see the same pizazz from this Patriots bunch as years past. Our boys didn't play their best ball and yet Brady couldn't hit the broad side of the barn with most of his passes. He's had a distinguished career, but with Brady looking so fragile, it's tough to see them competiting with the hungrier upstarts. I suppose we're gonna find out if Belichick is as good as he's made out to be. If they hoist the Lombardi with this bunch, he deserves even more credit than he already receives.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Looper said:

The Pats were so irrelevant in the 80s and 90s except for the 2 years they got walloped in the SBs. Outside of that, the only reason I remember a single Pats game from my childhood was when that guy on the tractor came on the field and cleaned the snow for the winning FG by the Pats.  I shake my head at the fact that they have been this good for this long. Truly it is like Brady and BB made a deal with the devil. Nobody is this good for this long. The fact that as Bills fans we have had to suffer with most of the garbage players and coaches of the last 20 years at the exact same time just rubs salt into the bitter wound!!!