Week 16 Bills at Pats Postgame Postmortum

billsfan_34

26 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I for one am shocked the Bills didn't beat a HOF coach and HOF QB, at home, who are playing for a playoff bye, and who the Bills are something like 1-25 against over the past dozen or so years.

Clearly the Bills need to clean house and start the build over again.  I'm sure that'll get the job done next year against NE.

We've looked horrible all but 3 games this year. So no I'm definitely not shocked we lost to Brady's 100 yard 1 TD 2 INT performance. And that's bad.

1 minute ago, Elite Poster said:

Did anyone really in their heart of hearts, actually think we could win with this piss poor excuse of a roster?

I expect it to be respectable, and for players to make more plays than not, whether that be in the form of making a catch, or routine tackle. 

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

We've looked horrible all but 3 games this year. So no I'm definitely not shocked we lost to Brady's 100 yard 1 TD 2 INT performance. And that's bad.

It's a rebuilding year.  From the moment the new regime walked into the building two years ago, 2018 was always going to be a rebuilding year.  

I don't know what to say to people who can't or won't accept that reality.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

Dude, they botched a hold, missed a fg, allowed big returns, and had a punt blocked- are you comprehending?

I didn't say they were great I didn't say they were good I said they weren't as bad as they've been which has been pretty much as bad as it gets.

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hey........today was the first time they scored an offensive TD against the Pats since McDermott got here though!

Progress!

It would have been hard to fathom going from being dominated by the Pats for 15 years to hiring a coach in Sean McDermott who the Pats don't even get up to play against and STILL blow his f*cking team out every single time.

Diapers come off next year.  If they're not contending for the division crown, McDermott is toast.  Next year was always the goal.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

It's a rebuilding year.  From the moment the new regime walked into the building two years ago, 2018 was always going to be a rebuilding year.  

I don't know what to say to people who can't or won't accept that reality.

I accept we suck. That we've made decisions to suck. I'm not sold we're rebuilt. And that we've made decisions to be rebuilt and good before 2021.

I'll check about that next year. But no that's not a reality that we've shown we've successfully rebuilt and are going to be above 500 next year or the year after. Lotta holes to fill and rebuilds are supposed to fix that.

46 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I have yet to openly criticize McDermitt but today he was awful. His players werent ready, the game plan was awful and he just doesnt have the pulse of the game and adjust. Furthermore, another piss poor outing ST wise yet Crossman is still here? 

Edmunds hasnt developed at all and today he had the worst day, imo, of his pro career.

Daboll called a terrible game - he doesnt have much to work with thou

Allen looked really bad at times- Draft another QB- not sold on this kid.

Kyles Mini Me does nothing for me, and KW looks like there is nothing left in the tank

Mckenzie just isnt an NFL WR and he scares me on Special Teams

Logan Thomas- dropped a sure TD

Say goodbye to Clay, Shady, KW, most of the OL, McKenzie, Alexander, Ford, Ivory and Hopefully Crossman.

So basically you want a new team.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Diapers come off next year.  If they're not contending for the division crown, McDermott is toast.  Next year was always the goal.

Agreed, 2019 Bills should be a 10 win team.  Beane has enough $$ and draft capital to fix a lot of woes talent wise.  They get it wrong Pegula's should clean house.  Brandon Beane will be a busy boy this off season  I expect some picks traded for players teams cannot afford to keep plus day 1 of free agency better be a big day with some difference makers signed. Note to Beane please unplug the line to the Panthers  Not impressed with Star/Benjamin in the least. 

49 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I have yet to openly criticize McDermitt but today he was awful. His players werent ready, the game plan was awful and he just doesnt have the pulse of the game and adjust. Furthermore, another piss poor outing ST wise yet Crossman is still here? 

Edmunds hasnt developed at all and today he had the worst day, imo, of his pro career.

Daboll called a terrible game - he doesnt have much to work with thou

Allen looked really bad at times- Draft another QB- not sold on this kid.

Kyles Mini Me does nothing for me, and KW looks like there is nothing left in the tank

Mckenzie just isnt an NFL WR and he scares me on Special Teams

Logan Thomas- dropped a sure TD

Say goodbye to Clay, Shady, KW, most of the OL, McKenzie, Alexander, Ford, Ivory and Hopefully Crossman.

Allen was the best player on the field for the Bills. His progress is more than noteworthy this year. Drafting another quarterback is pure folly and, quite honestly, a silly idea. And, give Edmunds this year.He has earned that.  The main thing I get out of the OP is that you should have waited a day before making those points. Let the excessive emotionality of the loss wear off.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Allen was the best player on the field for the Bills. His progress is more than noteworthy this year. Drafting another quarterback is pure folly and, quite honestly, a silly idea. And, give Edmunds this year.He has earned that.  The main thing I get out of the OP is that you should have waited a day before making those points. Let the excessive emotionality of the loss wear off.

Im not saying draft a qb to replace him- im saying bring another arm in because I dont know if he is the guy. I dont need your advise but thanks. BTW- my assessments are pretty spot on and lack emotion. 

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Haha (+1) 1

I was pessimistic going into this game and the outcome was pretty much what I expected.  In fact I predicted the Pats would win 27 - 10 and that Allen would struggle against the Hoodie.  Some observations from today's game:

*  Allen played better then his final stats will show.  Sure he got some garbage yards late and he did throw a couple of bad INT's but he also made some great throws that for a variety of reasons didn't produce yards or points among them:  1) a perfect strike to McKenzie that was dropped.  Would have converted a 3rd down early and who knows what happens;  2)  The long ball to Foster.  Bad luck about the sun but that dosen't negate a great read & throw by Allen.  Should have been an 80 yard TD pass;  3)  The great pass to #82 that was dropped at the goal line.  Perfect placement of the ball.  In the NFL you have to make that catch.  4)  The pass to Crooms that ended up as a lost fumble at the Pat's 5 yard line.  We likely score a TD on that drive if he doesn't fumble. 

By my count that's THREE TD's left on the field that should have resulted directly from Allen's play.  BTW,  I think his 2 INT's only cost us 3 points.  Next year we make those plays.

*  Edmunds is taking way to much criticism.  Sure he got burned today but like Allen he's a raw rookie.  The Hoodie dissects rookies like this for fun at Gillette stadium.  The loss of Milano was huge.  Edmunds is going to make huge strides next year.  Like Allen this is a learning season for him.

*  The Bills had NO running game today.  I believe Allen had their longest run.  It's tough for a rookie QB to go into NE and generate offense when their is no running game.

*  The Bills rush defense was very bad.  For me the defenses play today was a microcosm of their season.  At times they played lights out and they generated 3 big TO's.  But at other times they looked soft as pudding and they didn't make the stops that might have turned the game around.  This unit could use some help in the off season.  I don't think it would take much to lift them from being a good defense to a great one.  

*  NE & Brady are definitely sliding.  Lost in all the complaining about Allen, Edmunds, Zay Jones, the Bills coaches and the water boy is the FACT that Brady didn't play any better then Allen in spite of having a devastating running game to fall back on, better receivers and the home crowd.  To me this was the biggest surprise.   Next year NE may barely reach 500. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1