Week 16 Bills at Pats Postgame Postmortum

billsfan_34

7 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

There is no victories in this whatsoever.  Learned point blank Sean McDermott is not on the same intellectual level as Belicheat, Anthony Lynn, Andy Reid, Frank Reich, and or Mike Vrabel.  The only real reason he got hired is because Lynn disagrees with affirmative action; where Kim agreed with it, and didn’t want a Coach being called an Uncle Tom.  So, she pretty much bypasses all EOE mandates and hired McDermott because he’s a generation apart from Terry as a frat brother.  

This kind of idiocy should pull down an instant ban. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Nothing surprising here. The Pats are smart. They went with the classic "make Josh Allen beat you with his passing" theory, stacked the box, stuffed the run, and shut down the Bills. Still, we would have had a fighting chance if a couple receivers could have made a couple plays on very catchable balls, or even if the Shady of 2014-15 had reemerged and broken a few tackles. But right now, outside of Allen (and Foster on fly routes only so far) we don't have any playmakers.

The funny thing is that with a better supporting cast at WR & TE Allen would have beat them through the air.  Watching the highlights I'm more convinced then I was when watching the game live (where I was throwing stuff at the TV) that this is the case.

With almost any other WR/RB/TE group out there today Allen would have had a classic gunslinger type of game and the Bills probably pull off the upset.  By this I mean that Allen did throw some very bad balls and 2 dumb INT's.  But at the same time he threw some great balls that should have resulted in TD's.  This could have been an amazing game if our skilled players had MADE SOME PLAYS! 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Implies we need new ownership that when they say win now; they mean win now.  

New ownership would mean those Bills would be doing their winning somewhere other than Buffalo NY. Funny thing is, many said the Bills would never win with Ralph Wilson as owner. His team won when he had a good GM that compiled talent. Saying win now is all well and good, but you need good players, a good GM and good coaching to win. Beane and McDermott  may not be the ones to make it happen. Do you think Kraft is winning games or did his team get extremely lucky with a 6th round flyer draft pick of a QB ?

17 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Lol, wambulance. Honest how? Id agruge the only person 'butt hurt' here is you and thats what led to this terrible post. 

Only thing honest about it is that its a perfect example of whats wrong with some fans and their over reactions - both good and bad. 

Have some context and some levelheaded-ness. 

You make it sound so terrible that you might just be better off going to a team that seemingly can do no wrong. 

Was it a good game? No. Was it anywhere near as dire as this post suggests? No. In fact,  id hate to see how you react to a REAL problem...

You win- yay you

The most disturbing thing is the putrid performance of the defense. Granted, they are missing a couple important pieces, but to face a New England team where the game was there for the taking (Brady looks awful), the rush defense was pathetic-- and never adjusted to what the opponent was doing.

On offense, the only sure starter next year is Allen (have to see if he can up his game, or not--not confident, though). They could clean out the whole OL and receiver corps (except Foster, I suppose), because, really, there's nothing there.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

You win- yay you

Snappy!

I can't fault you for being frustrated, you are allowed to be. Just no need to be so dramatic. 

In other news, this thread has gone off the rails even further than where it started to the extent new ownership is being debated ssssooooooo....

You might now be off the hook!

1 minute ago, gobills1212 said:

Snappy!

I can't fault you for being frustrated, you are allowed to be. Just no need to be so dramatic. 

In other news, this thread has gone off the rails even further than where it started to the extent new ownership is being debated ssssooooooo....

You might now be off the hook!

Merry Christmas ?

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McCoy is looking a little like .... Reggie Bush, c. 2016?  CJ Spiller, 2014?  I know, I know ... the O line isn't giving him much, the Bills' pathetic passing game is allowing defenses to keep 8 (or today, 9 or even 11) in the box, he's playing with a hamstring injury, etc. But still ... he used to break tackles and make something out of nothing at least a couple times a game. Not anymore.

Obviously, the Bills were terrible in run defense today, and particularly so when the Patriots used the WRs to run wide on the reverse.  That's on the coaching to make adjustments.  As far as Buffalo's running game is concerned, it is a continuation of what we've seen the whole season.  Buffalo's offensive line stinks.  Juan Castillo probably needs to bear some of the blame for that.  The rest may be a personnel issue (the players aren't good enough.  McDermott will be back next season.  With plenty of cap room and ample draft picks, the Bills need to solve the personnel issues.  We'll see if McDermott does something about Castillo.  If the Bills are not significantly improved next season, then the Pegulas have some hard decisions to make.  I sincerely hope it does not come to that.

3 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I have yet to openly criticize McDermitt but today he was awful. His players werent ready, the game plan was awful and he just doesnt have the pulse of the game and adjust. Furthermore, another piss poor outing ST wise yet Crossman is still here? 

Edmunds hasnt developed at all and today he had the worst day, imo, of his pro career.

Daboll called a terrible game - he doesnt have much to work with thou

Allen looked really bad at times- Draft another QB- not sold on this kid.

Kyles Mini Me does nothing for me, and KW looks like there is nothing left in the tank

Mckenzie just isnt an NFL WR and he scares me on Special Teams

Logan Thomas- dropped a sure TD

Say goodbye to Clay, Shady, KW, most of the OL, McKenzie, Alexander, Ford, Ivory and Hopefully Crossman.

Who is McDermitt?

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

New ownership would mean those Bills would be doing their winning somewhere other than Buffalo NY. Funny thing is, many said the Bills would never win with Ralph Wilson as owner. His team won when he had a good GM that compiled talent. Saying win now is all well and good, but you need good players, a good GM and good coaching to win. Beane and McDermott  may not be the ones to make it happen. Do you think Kraft is winning games or did his team get extremely lucky with a 6th round flyer draft pick of a QB ?

It's not luck that they ended up with Brady, they had Bledsoe at the time and even though they had an excellent QB they continued to draft guys deep in the draft. They did it again with Cassel. That's not luck, there's a pattern. Buffalo should draft a guy in the 6th or 7th if they're smart. Sit him on the bench and keep the pipeline loaded.

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

It's not luck that they ended up with Brady, they had Bledsoe at the time and even though they had an excellent QB they continued to draft guys deep in the draft. They did it again with Cassel. That's not luck, there's a pattern. Buffalo should draft a guy in the 6th or 7th if they're smart. Sit him on the bench and keep the pipeline loaded.

Lol , yes  NFL history is littered with 6th round draft pick HOF caliber QBs. Heck, the Bills should draft one every year for the next decade. Brady was a long shot that by his own admission thought he was going to be cut in preaseason his second year. It was a one in a bazillion long shot. If a QB lasts until the 6th round it’s just dumb luck if they’re any good. Flukes happen, just ask Drew Bledsoe and Mo Lewis,.