Clay told he will be released this offseason?

Virgil

On 12/23/2018 at 5:07 PM, FearLess Price said:

Agree. Clay is decent and can take over games with the right oc and run game. In 2015 they only used him well in like 3 games.  By 2016 and 2017 Clay was drawing the most coverage overall between an often injuried watkins, woods, benjamin, drop zone jones, and a random deonte Thompson.

Clay drops a pass every 6 or 10 targets but hell make the big play more often than not.

He mightve lost a step but he isnt bad. Take ur Bills blinders off, hes also a much better blocker then any te we have too.

Clay taking over games.. hahahahaha

• Like (+1) 1

His first couple years were wasted because we had a QB that couldn’t utilize the entire field. This year, our opening day QB was Nate Peterman & Clay’s clock ran out. Clay never had the opportunity to reach his fullest potential here and his body broke down before Allen could develop

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/23/2018 at 12:39 PM, Best Player Available said:

the pass was not perfect. but clays end zone trip/drop in the end zone.

A missed game winning td. should have had him riding pine every game since.

I couldn’t have managed having to watch him get credit 19,000 times for a Miracle Catch that kept the “playoff hopes” alive.

i just smile about it now but at the time it was terrible.

It's time to move on if he wanted to be more dependable he would have had his knees fixed as to not have the recurring problems that he has every year he was just content with being mediocre & collecting his millions every year to be that guy . 

I wish they would have gotten rid of him & used O'leary in his place at least O'leary was there every game & gave it all he had each game !! 

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Shoot.  Was hoping we could swing a trade with him for Ertz.

The Eagles drafted another young TE in 2018 so we've got all the leverage here. I'm thinking Clay for Ertz AND a 3rd. I've heard Clay is a complimentary player so I'm sure he's a good locker room guy heaping praise on his teammates. Might just be the vet presence they're missing.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/23/2018 at 12:18 PM, Virgil said:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6681/charles-clay

Doesn’t say who’s reporting it.  Healthy scratch for the Pats game is interesting. 

By not playing him in games the team is protecting itself from an injury to Clay that would prevent them from releasing him outright after the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

The Eagles drafted another young TE in 2018 so we've got all the leverage here. I'm thinking Clay for Ertz AND a 3rd. I've heard Clay is a complimentary player so I'm sure he's a good locker room guy heaping praise on his teammates. Might just be the vet presence they're missing.

I was being sarcastic.  Nobody will take on Clay's salary.

On 12/23/2018 at 1:39 PM, ScottLaw said:

Beane would be a fool not to be aggressive with the $$$ available.

Its make or break for him and McDermott next season.

As a GM, building through the draft won't do ***** for you if your team sucks and your gone after three years. 

Just to clarify, make or break meaning?  Make the playoffs if they’re out?  Win a playoff game, the super bowl?  What do they have to do to stay?  If they fire one, do the Pegulas have to fire both?  Where’d you get this info?

7 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Clay taking over games.. hahahahaha

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

he took over one game in his first season.  Useless since then

6 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Star, Trent Murphy and McCoy might give him a run for his money. Clay could still kind of block

All are much better at their jobs than Clay has been

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The miscommunication was based on the fact that there are indeed Bills fans deluded enough to have taken you literally.

Like the people who thought we could get 1st rounder for McCoy last offseason.

• Like (+1) 1