Clay told he will be released this offseason?

Virgil

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Beane would be a fool not to be aggressive with the $$$ available.

Its make or break for him and McDermott next season.

As a GM, building through the draft won't do ***** for you if your team sucks and your gone after three years. 

when you say aggressive you're talking about overpaying right? I feel they'll need to overpay for guys like Paradise and Anthony Barr...but I'm ok with it because they really need to upgrade the o-line

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Beane would be a fool not to be aggressive with the $$$ available.

Its make or break for him and McDermott next season.

As a GM, building through the draft won't do ***** for you if your team sucks and your gone after three years. 

I don't think Beane or Pegula read this message board enough to know that this regime has FIVE YEARS to figure it out.

Beane will be ALL IN this offseason. 2019 is make or break.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...when exactly does this experiment end?......what are exactly the beneficial attributes that have kept this guy around?....

It does take time to develope a TE.  I cant help but be reminded of all the guys that wanted Oleary gone.  I wonder if they are the ones b!+*?ing now.

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

He was neglected his first season and misused his second 2 seasons 

Agree. Clay is decent and can take over games with the right oc and run game. In 2015 they only used him well in like 3 games.  By 2016 and 2017 Clay was drawing the most coverage overall between an often injuried watkins, woods, benjamin, drop zone jones, and a random deonte Thompson.

Clay drops a pass every 6 or 10 targets but hell make the big play more often than not.

He mightve lost a step but he isnt bad. Take ur Bills blinders off, hes also a much better blocker then any te we have too.

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think Croom is better anyway. To bad we didn’t keep O’Leary. Croom and O’Leary would have been better then any of Clay this season

Croom makes critical mistakes fumbling the football. He completely spun the momentum back to NE when we could have closed in on a tie or one point game. It's a major issue that has happened twice so far. We need a legit #1 TE.

4 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Jesse James and one of the Baltimore guys, Maxx Williams or Nick Boyle. Draft a guy somewhere. 

Thomas is not good. Croom can't block. The position needs a complete overhaul. 

Croom is awful- nice fumble today also! 

4 minutes ago, vincec said:

Wait until we see who his replacement is before celebrating. Bills have a habit of dumping players with no plan for how to replace them.

A rock would do better than Clay at this point and it wont cost 8 mil or whatever hes makin next season.

4 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Croom is awful- nice fumble today also! 

A rock would do better than Clay at this point and it wont cost 8 mil or whatever hes makin next season.

He is a better blocker than any of the other guys on the roster. And looks just as good a receiver to me. They haven't shown anything special. But hey, cut him and wing it. Maybe they'll find someone better or maybe someone will step up. Otherwise it'll be another downgrade.

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

He is a better blocker than any of the other guys on the roster. And looks just as good a receiver to me. They haven't shown anything special. But hey, cut him and wing it. Maybe they'll find someone better or maybe someone will step up. Otherwise it'll be another downgrade.

Who did he block today? We did squat on offense. He had what, 1 catch and fumbled? Great player he is indeed. Cant wait to see more of him next year- im excited.

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Who did he block today? We did squat on offense. He had what, 1 catch and fumbled? Great player he is indeed. Cant wait to see more of him next year- im excited.

So Croom got you so excited today that you're ready to see him as the full time starter?

7 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Should of moved him and McCoy this year for whatever.....if anyone wanted them

exactly.  getting a 7th for Clay would have been amazing.  

5 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Jesse James and one of the Baltimore guys, Maxx Williams or Nick Boyle. Draft a guy somewhere. 

Thomas is not good. Croom can't block. The position needs a complete overhaul. 

Jesse James would be a fantastic addition.  Can block and catch.  Does not see many opportunities this year given the Steelers bevy of pass catchers and the fact that McDonald is basically a WR playing TE.   James and Croom would be a great duo.   Also, would allow us to draft OT, etc. 

On 12/23/2018 at 10:48 PM, Virgil said:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6681/charles-clay

Doesn’t say who’s reporting it.  Healthy scratch for the Pats game is interesting. 

What I don't understand is why make him a healthy scratch if they are going to release him.  I can see the validity of their action if they wanted to trade him.

On December 23, 2018 at 9:51 AM, Best Player Available said:

On December 23, 2018 at 9:52 AM, Idandria said:

And this is how he will be remembered in Buffalo. Dropping a potentially game winning pass. Sad. 

I agree with someone here who said a big part of why Clay wasn't able to get back towards that pass is that his knees are so shot.