2nd half thread: Wk 16 Bills at Patriots, 1 pm on CBS

8 hours ago, BigMcD said:

Lol a guy covered on a back shoulder pass? No way! We get it, you hate the guy. 

Actually, I don’t if you read my posting history. I think he has tons of upside and sky-is-the-limit talent. I’m on board with him. He’s not nearly accurate enough right now, though. Yes, he needs better receivers, but he makes a lot of poor throws — more as a percentage than the average nfl qb — that simply aren’t well placed. 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Actually, I don’t if you read my posting history. I think he has tons of upside and sky-is-the-limit talent. I’m on board with him. He’s not nearly accurate enough right now, though. Yes, he needs better receivers, but he makes a lot of poor throws — more as a percentage than the average nfl qb — that simply aren’t well placed. 

Those were well placed. Watched plenty QBs toss the same passes today for completions and TDs when receivers knew what they were doing and had decent hands! 

7 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

Those were well placed. Watched plenty QBs toss the same passes today for completions and TDs when receivers knew what they were doing and had decent hands! 

He made a ton of bad throws today. I watch a lot of other teams, and he throws an inordinate number of uncatchable balls. He has to fix it. Yes, he can make perfect throws that will wow you (like the unfortunately uncatchable ball to Foster that the sun blocked his vision from), but being a good nfl qb is about consistency in ball placement.  Both of those throws to the ez were not well placed, although I know he’s capable of it (ie, his great back shoulder throw to Jones in the Miami game on the second last play). Too many here are getting into the bunker and refusing to accept criticism of him, and they absolve him by blaming the crappy talent around him. I agree that the WR corps is awful except for Foster, who I think has the chance to be good. But Allen needs to be better too. He needs to display the consistency with accuracy and the touch (hugely important) that Darnold has been showing lately if he is going to move up to the next level.

Edited by dave mcbride

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

He made a ton of bad throws today. I watch a lot of other teams, and he throws an inordinate number of uncatchable balls. He has to fix it. Yes, he can make prrfect throws that will wow you (like the unfortunately uncatchable ball to Foster that the sun blocked his vision from), but being a good nfl qb is about consistency in ball placement.  Both of those throws to the ez were not well placed, although I know he’s capable of it (ie, his great back shoulder throw to Jones in the Miami game on the second last play). Too many here are getting into the bunker and refusing to accept criticism of him, and they absolve hil by blaming the crappy talent around him. I agree that the WR corps is awful except for Foster, who I think has the chance to be good. But Allen needs to be better too. He needs to display the consistency with accuracy and the touch (hugely important) that Darnold has been showing lately if he is going to move up to the next level.

So you wanted Darnold?

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He made a ton of bad throws today. I watch a lot of other teams, and he throws an inordinate number of uncatchable balls. He has to fix it. Yes, he can make perfect throws that will wow you (like the unfortunately uncatchable ball to Foster that the sun blocked his vision from), but being a good nfl qb is about consistency in ball placement.  Both of those throws to the ez were not well placed, although I know he’s capable of it (ie, his great back shoulder throw to Jones in the Miami game on the second last play). Too many here are getting into the bunker and refusing to accept criticism of him, and they absolve him by blaming the crappy talent around him. I agree that the WR corps is awful except for Foster, who I think has the chance to be good. But Allen needs to be better too. He needs to display the consistency with accuracy and the touch (hugely important) that Darnold has been showing lately if he is going to move up to the next level.

He was shaky a lot today, this is the most daunting road game each season for what seems the last million or so years....

1 minute ago, BigMcD said:

So you wanted Darnold?

I would have preferred him, and I think that the Bills did too. They pretty clearly really liked him before the draft, but they didn’t have the ammo to move up. I was fine with Allen given that he was the best option left and the physical talent level staggering. He’s a worthy top ten pick. Rosen worried me. Of the top four, they’re basically playing to their draft order.

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

He was shaky a lot today, this is the most daunting road game each season for what seems the last million or so years....

Yes, playing in foxboro is historically brutal for any rookie. I know it’s just one game, and the bills were thoroughly outcoached in every area.