1st half thread: Wk 16 Bills at Patriots, 1 pm on CBS

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I don't get it either, it was a bad throw. Does a receiver like Julio adjust and make that catch? Perhaps. Still doesn't make it a good throw. And Foster is not Julio so why would you expect him to make that catch. It was a bad throw and a bad decision to go to Foster there.

I think folks have got so used to blaming our WRs that any pass near them they immediately blame them. 

The Foster lost ball in the sun was not on Allen that was a great throw even if someone should have pointed out they were throwing into the sun. McKenzie had one easy drop too. The out to McKenzie on the earlier third down and then the 4th down throw to Foster were bad throws. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Allens having an awful game. And McDermott is getting his ass handed to him by BB once again. 

I know, that’s just how you roll. I see two balls that a real NFL WR scores with. That would be a tie game. You find the negative. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

You’re correct. It was a poor throw and was more on Allen. Just would be nice to have a receiver to help out his QB the odd time.

Too much grey in this post (and I know grey...) - either Allen sucks or the WRs suck.  There can be NO joint responsibility!! :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The reason that wasn't a bad throw is that on that play the QB's task is to get the ball up in the air right over the target WR and Allen did just that.  On most Sunday's you'll see that pass completed at a very high rate.  My only issue with the throw is that it wasn't the right decision on 4th & 3.  On 3rd & 3 that's a GREAT throw! 

Well yeah exactly. Expecting Foster for a tough grab on 4th down against the league's top corners isn't something we should be drawing up lol. Any other down I'd like that play.

7 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

It was man coverage, without seeing what other receivers were running, how do you know that? Allen chose to go to the deep route, that doesn't mean there weren't other routes that would have got the first down. It looked like Shady was running a route coming across the field.

Not going to try to convince you that the coaches do not tell Josh "the ball goes to this receiver", from that empty set he is supposed to look over the matchups and pick the best.

Josh is not there yet, or he may have looked over at Foster and seen who he was up against and gone elsewhere. There was a man on Shady, but he had a step on him.. that would have been a better option.

If anything, one could say that we went from QBs that checked down too often to one that does not take enough of the check-down options. IMO that will be an easier thing to teach than teaching how to push it past the sticks.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I agree and don't blame Foster for not making that catch.  But that doesn't change the fact that it was a beautifully thrown deep pass and should have gone for an 80 yard TD.  My point is that anyone saying Allen is playing poorly is ignoring that pass which if completed would have changed this game.

Now to be clear Allen is not playing well but he's not playing bad either.  There just are not enough weapons on this offense to take advantage of what the Pats are conceding on defense. 

That was a great throw - I agree! But the Bills should have factored the issue into their playcalling. Arians and Trent Green were all over that.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Big picture. This team still looks like a dumpster fire and still has a long way to go and I don't trust McDermott or Beane to figure out how to turn this around. 

Time will tell. I’m certainly not thrilled with EVERYTHING, but I see a direction for the first time in a long time. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

You started fine.....then went downhill. I accept what we are now, and did NOT call it acceptable. But it is big picture progress if Allen can make these throws and plays. 

Your perspective is interesting.  You watch one person the entire season.   I guess it's one way to deal with a terrible team.  Ignore most of it.