John Harbaugh Staying With the Ravens

Rico

Continuity for a young QB.   Nothing messes with a young QB's development more than changing coaches and systems.  That's the main reason that Cleveland will probably keep Gregg or at least his OC.  Who knows what the Jets are thinking, but they would have been better off firing Bowles before  they drafted Darnold.  The people who wanted McDermott and/or Daboll gone are just nuts.

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Continuity for a young QB.   Nothing messes with a young QB's development mod than changing coaches and systems.  That's the main reason that Cleveland will probably keep Gregg or at least his OC.  Who knows what the Jets are thinking, but they would have been better off firing Bowles before  they drafted Darnold.  The people who wanted McDermott and/or Daboll gone are just nuts.

usatsi_9274053.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=0

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

I think I gotcha. No playoffs this year then cut ties. Otherwise consider retaining?

That's what the word was all along here, so this was a little surprising to me. 11 PM sports guy said that Bisciotti likes what he's done with Lamar. 

• Like (+1) 1

I always chuckle when people rush to this dudes defense around here and just automatically call him an excellent coach. 

The ravens have made the playoffs ONCE since their title run in 2012 and will most likely miss out again this year if they lose to the chargers this week. 

Thats a QB and a coach living off a title run from 6 years ago. Luckily for them they finally realized it with Flacco. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You really think Harbaugh would go back to being a ST coordinator? 

The guy would be the most wanted coach available for teams in need of a HC.

Even if he didn't get an NFL HC gig in 2019, which I think he would, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell a SB winning head honcho goes back to coaching special teams. I admire Doc's desire to have such a distinguished man coaching our special teams squad, but it's far fetched. 

Maybe he would want to follow his brother back to a college HC gig, maybe he sits out a year. One thing I know for sure is the man isn't coaching a special teams squad.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, klos63 said:

he's a very good coach, they're hard to come by.

Yeah, I don’t get why this surprises people.  Of course this is the world where when you lose a game, you should get fired.

i think he’s the only head coach who was mainly a STs coach.  Someone made a good point that there should be more STs head coaches because they deal with both sides of the ball.

13 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Continuity for a young QB.   Nothing messes with a young QB's development more than changing coaches and systems.  That's the main reason that Cleveland will probably keep Gregg or at least his OC.  Who knows what the Jets are thinking, but they would have been better off firing Bowles before  they drafted Darnold.  The people who wanted McDermott and/or Daboll gone are just nuts.

Yeah, you definitely can’t replace the OC of a 15 point offense who has been bottom 5 for his whole career.  That’s crazy talk!

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...which is surprising with Newsome at the GM helm......but he is retiring now....

Ozzie is actually stepping down I believe into a lesser scouting role while the guy under his wings all these years is taking over 

Now with them removing a Qb that had them cap strapped since that SB run forever ago they should be okay