UCF- why not national champs?

Orlando Tim

10 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I said as the major standard- if you have multiple undefeateds then you must seperate somehow.

Feel free to post all the criteria you use before SOS to rank/separate teams from different conferences.

10 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Just stick with Auburn did not care about the peach bowl last year it is a much simpler argument.

Auburn lost because of the $7M+ anchor running the team.

And after yesterday's big win over Perdue, I can only hope the Auburn AD feels pressured to give that anchor another big fat extension with even a bigger buyout clause.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Cynical said:

Feel free to post all the criteria you use before SOS to rank/separate teams from different conferences.

Auburn lost because of the $7M+ anchor running the team.

And after yesterday's big win over Perdue, I can only hope the Auburn AD feels pressured to give that anchor another big fat extension with even a bigger buyout clause.

#1 criteria should be an undefeated should be alive until they they are are beaten. once everyone has losses than you can start other discussions. I agree 11-1 in the American is not superior to 10-2 in SEC but to tell an undefeated in 2018 when the talent is so wide spread around college football they do not belong is absurd. I will state this-a small win over a lesser opponent should still be looked at as superior as a small loss to a great team.  I have been to Gator games when they won titles, FSU games when they won titles, Syracuse games when they were top 10 and UCF games the past two years-the best offense I have watched regularly without a doubt is UCF. They can hit you in more ways with more speed than anyone else I have ever seen besides Nebraska with Tommy Frazier. But please tell me why why Auburn was pumped so highly for that  POS bowl game yesterday when last year they could not get up for a bowl game in their proverbial backyard against a  UCF team who was undefeated? oh bad coaching-and I always thought coaching was part of football. 

But on seperate note- in 2010 the Oregon Ducks were in the title game despite only beating one ranked team all year-in fact the second best record team they faced was 8-5 in a pathetic PAC 12- so why were they #1 and UCF not top 4 when being undefeated last year and beating 3 top 25 teams in regular season? I know I am all over the place  but I am done with this conversation because I think I proved my point- every argument goes back to who they played not how they played.

Lastly if they lose to LSU this week I will be sad and state they did not belong in title game but if they win-back to back titles. Someone has to beat them to make them not Champs. Anyone who loves sports believes you play to win the game and whether by 1 or 80 if you always win you are champs.

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Great game, I would rank UCF the light-heavyweight champion of the year

I really wanted them to win.   I want the American Athletic Conference to gain some credibility.  They were a bunch of leftover schools that no other conference wanted, so I consider them to be underdogs.  I tend to root for the Bills underdogs.

4 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I really wanted them to win.   I want the American Athletic Conference to gain some credibility.  They were a bunch of leftover schools that no other conference wanted, so I consider them to be underdogs.  I tend to root for the Bills underdogs.

Grateful for a good game. 

Are you a fan of a team in that conference?

hope I get two more today.

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Grateful for a good game. 

Are you a fan of a team in that conference?

hope I get two more today.

I have relatives and friends with ties to UConn, UCF and USF so I tend to root for those teams a little, but I don’t really have strong feelings about any of them.

7 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I have relatives and friends with ties to UConn, UCF and USF so I tend to root for those teams a little, but I don’t really have strong feelings about any of them.

I watched a few UCF games this year, saw the QB go down.

LSU beat UCF and was the better team today. I give them credit that they knew how to challenge and stop Mack who looked every bit the freshman starting his third game. I am happy with UCF as they kept fighting even after making so many mistakes. I though must be satisfied that the NCAA recognizes their title last year.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

LSU beat UCF and was the better team today. I give them credit that they knew how to challenge and stop Mack who looked every bit the freshman starting his third game. I am happy with UCF as they kept fighting even after making so many mistakes. I though must be satisfied that the NCAA recognizes their title last year.

Any teams that can square off for 60 minutes of good football are aces in my book.

if it doesn’t happen it doesn’t reflect poorly on the team that won easily.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Any teams that can square off for 60 minutes of good football are aces in my book.

if it doesn’t happen it doesn’t reflect poorly on the team that won easily.

Row where did i insult LSU?- I said they were better today. I think they are really good team and did what good teams do- take advantage of the other teams weakness just as UCF tried to take advantage if their CBs.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Row where did i insult LSU?- I said they were better today. I think they are really good team and did what good teams do- take advantage of the other teams weakness just as UCF tried to take advantage if their CBs.

I don’t have a clue what you inferred there... I had nothing to pinpoint on your comment....

My second comment there meant I don’t blame Bama for a cakewalk win, I wish it was a good game they had to play....

Edited by row_33

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

My mistake then- i guess i was looking for a debate.?

Not on this topic....

i usually get into a few more than is wise...

Not even a New Years resulution to stop myself....

I want a good game, getting too old to care about who wins 95 percent of the time 

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Which teams do you think are the three best? I am not asking you to put them in order.

Bama and Clemson and couldn’t have cared less for below that the rest of the season 

it gets really greasy past the top 10, it doesn’t really matter any way

hoops is far worse as top teams play each other early piling up multiple losses while kidmajors play nobody and wind up with top seeds in March

Bama was number one by a million miles....

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Bama and Clemson and couldn’t have cared less for below that the rest of the season 

it gets really greasy past the top 10, it doesn’t really matter any way

hoops is far worse as top teams play each other early piling up multiple losses while kidmajors play nobody and wind up with top seeds in March

Bama was number one by a million miles....

Based on the strength of their opponents I agree.

Clemson  doesn't play anybody but they are stacked with talent and can win on the 7th.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.