Pats Game - Bills Pluses and Negatives

freddyjj

So Josh Allen and the New Era Kids take on the vaunted Patriots at their home in Foxboro.  Just some quick hitters on the game

Pluses:

1. Pats yielding 6.8 YPC to opposing QBs all year.  Worst in NFL.  Josh should have room to roam if necessary.
  2. The Pats are a slow team on D - especially LB - Hope Shady can go!
  3. Bills D gave Pats headaches in first half of game 1 and only yielded 2 TDs.
  4. Pats WRs lost deep threat in Gordon.  Neither Hogan and Dorsett are his equal.
  5. Gronk is a shadow of himself.

Negatives:

1. Bills are 0-13 at Foxboro in complete game starts versus Tom Brady.
  2. Pats will look to exploit our loss of Milano and Taron Johnson by isolating James White, Sony Michel and Edelman and Gronk on backups.
  3. The Patriots are 10-0 at home against rookie signal-callers.  Overall, Sunday will mark the 23rd game in which a team coached by Belichick faces a rookie  quarterback. The Patriots are 17-5 in those games.

4. Pats need this game in a big way.  

5. Turnover differential strongly favors New England.  

What do you see that favors Bills and what do you see working against them?

• Like (+1) 1

Pluses:

-The Pats have never seen a rookie quite like this, who at least on paper, matches up well against their D.

-Brady appears to be succumbing from the same yips as any other mortal QB, when faced with the prospect of pressure in his face, and has aging mobility to improvise in such event.

-All of the above.

Negatives:

-Hoodie. 

-Brady.

-History in Foxboro.

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Pluses:

-The Pats have never seen a rookie quite like this, who at least on paper, matches up well against their D.

-Brady appears to be succumbing from the same yips as any other mortal QB, when faced with the prospect of pressure in his face, and has aging mobility to improvise in such event.

-All of the above.

Negatives:

-Hoodie. 

-Brady.

-History in Foxboro.

- Allen is a mobile QB they have seen plenty of those via rookie QB.. the negative as a Pats fan is the Pats stink this year against them.

- Reports up here believe Brady suffering from a smal tear in his MCL.. why he been less mobile the last 3 games or so.. 

Bills D is legit..

my Postives for Pats:

1. Pats play better at home on O  (average 30 points)

2.  The Bills O is not that good, very little talent around Allen.

3. Pats are embarrassed and angry and coming home l, facing (on paper) a vastly inferior team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Showing my age, but the last time a rookie QB for the Bills won in Foxboro was in 1973. That was Joe Ferguson with OJ running wild behind the Electric Company. Maybe the spirit of Mike Montler who played on that line and who passed away this week will have some influence. I'm quoting that as a plus, hey it's Christmas!

I will expect to see the Patriots running game a lot this week. Even though they've lost 2 games, let's be real. 1 of those games was on a flukey play that maybe works once every 15 years or so. Brady's numbers in that game were far from pedestrian. And the loss to the Steelers was against a very good team that will more than likely make the playoffs. This is a negative in that the Patriots ain't all that bad even compared to years past.

Edited by GRHater69
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

- Allen is a mobile QB they have seen plenty of those via rookie QB.. the negative as a Pats fan is the Pats stink this year against them.

- Reports up here believe Brady suffering from a smal tear in his MCL.. why he been less mobile the last 3 games or so.. 

Bills D is legit..

my Postives for Pats:

3. Pats are embarrassed and angry and coming home l, facing (on paper) a vastly inferior team. 

Sad face, but also true face. The line is 13 for a reason, and I just think Brady gets points at home almost without fail. On paper this has blowout written all over it...but we'll see what mojo the Bills have. They have been in close games since Allen's return. 

14 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

Showing my age, but the last time a rookie QB for the Bills won in Foxboro was in 1973. That was Joe Ferguson with OJ running wild behind the Electric Company. Maybe the spirit of Mike Montler who played on that line and who passed away this week will have some influence. I'm quoting that as a plus, hey it's Christmas!

I will expect to see the Patriots running game a lot this week. Even though they've lost 2 games, let's be real. 1 of those games was on a flukey play that maybe works once every 15 years or so. Brady's numbers in that game were far from pedestrian. And the loss to the Steelers was against a very good team that will more than likely make the playoffs. This is a negative in that the Patriots ain't all that bad even compared to years past.

no no no...

on here you have to angrily type in that the Pats are lucky and cheat and the Bills are going to easily win...

:D

11 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Sad face, but also true face. The line is 13 for a reason, and I just think Brady gets points at home almost without fail. On paper this has blowout written all over it...but we'll see what mojo the Bills have. They have been in close games since Allen's return. 

The Bills are going to come out flying, I know that much. The Pats will be in trouble if they can’t match our intensity.

1 hour ago, billspro said:

The Bills are going to come out flying, I know that much. The Pats will be in trouble if they can’t match our intensity.

Not picking on you I swear.. but I always wonder.. HOW do people know this? The season for them is over, and there is nothing really to prove..  so why would they come out flying on the road?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Not picking on you I swear.. but I always wonder.. HOW do people know this? The season for them is over, and there is nothing really to prove..  so why would they come out flying on the road?

Super Cade.

Allen will leave it all on the field if nothing else because he knows that kid & his family will be watching.  

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bills D is legit..

my Postives for Pats:

I get it @PatsFanNH --it's a tall order from the Bills' persepctive, and I totally agree that on paper at least, this has all the makings of a blowout loss for Buffalo. But the deck was stacked even worse against the Bills the last time these two teams played, and the Bills made a game of it up to the 4th quarter, playing behind a shell-shocked Derek Anderson manning some of the worst offensive ball that we've ever seen. IIRC, it was 9-6 at the half? Again, I agree with all of your points (except #1, because JA's running talent up to this point has been superior to even that of <gulp> Michael Vick, just ask Kiko Alonso about that), I just think it will end up being a closer game than expected, with one or two pivotal plays being the difference at the end. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, freddyjj said:

1. Pats need this game in a big way.  

I was excited for this game thinking we’d see a big day from Josh and a possible upset in foxboro until i saw this bold underline combo. 

Then reality struck and I realized we’re likely in for a long day, back-to-back losses and a 9-5 record? The Patriots first year in 8 year that they won’t eclipse 12 wins? 

The Patriots are declining but they haven’t disappeared yet, these past couples weeks were nothing more than a wake up call. Unfortunately I think they have a big win brewing in foxboro and a meltdown looming here in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, elijah said:

I was excited for this game thinking we’d see a big day from Josh and a possible upset in foxboro until i saw this bold underline combo. 

Then reality struck and I realized we’re likely in for a long day, back-to-back losses and a 9-5 record? The Patriots first year in 8 year that they won’t eclipse 12 wins? 

The Patriots are declining but they haven’t disappeared yet, these past couples weeks were nothing more than a wake up call. Unfortunately I think they have a big win brewing in foxboro and a meltdown looming here in Buffalo. 

This is my thinking to.  The Pat's are like a wounded tiger - they still have enough in the tank to rear up and rip you apart.  Hopefully by next year they'll have bled out and their dynasty will be dead.

22 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

- Reports up here believe Brady suffering from a smal tear in his MCL.. why he been less mobile the last 3 games or so.

Bills D is legit..

my Postives for Pats:

Yet he’s not on the injury report.  Big shock.  It’s what they do.  Cheat the system in any way possible.  

If Milano and Taron we’re playing, I’d give us the W, but Belichick will take advantage of their replacements en route to the W

I could be wrong, but I see this game playing out very similar to the last one in Foxboro.  The Bills hung tough but Brady and the offense were too much down the stretch.

I think this could happen on Sunday too.  Only question is whether the Bills offense can make some big plays late to keep up.  

Also McDermott has been pretty good against Brady and NE.  Yes Milano and Johnson are out, but I am sure he’ll have some sort scheme to keep up with their RB’s. This could be an interesting game

• Thank you (+1) 1