[Edited Title] Lions v Bills 4th and 2 Decision

11 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Similar to this discussion. Everyone loves it when teams go for the win with a 2 point conversion instead of an extra point at the end of regulation. I am in the minority and think it is a dumb move over aggressive move. I would think you have a lot more chances to win in OT then if you have a busted play on a 2 point conversion. It worked for Anthony Lynn but was a bust for Mike Vrable this season so I guess based on the data we have in 2018 it is a split verdict.

It depends on game time situations. If you are the Bills and Foxboro and b some miracle can win the game with a 2 pter, you do it.  Dominant teams and home teams should go for the tie, weak and away teams shouldnt.

Totally supported the call--how many times have we sat on the other side of the ledger, yelling at the TV for our coach(es) to just grow a pair and try to keep the pedal to the metal instead of always playing it safe, or not to lose, thereby seemingly letting chances slip past? Obviously context always matters, but with JA running like he has, and good field position regardless, I still liked it despite the fact it didn't work this time. 

12 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

2)  One long time poster (sorry I cant remember who) stated that McDermont explained the call was for the development of the team.  If that is true... interesting to see Sean McD is more interested in the future, than winning a game.  

My own take is that you're misinterpreting what he means with his statement. I'm a terrible golfer, and a friend of mine once explained that just because I was out of a hole was no reason to pick up. Take advantage of the opportunity to work on your game, be it long, short, trap or putting.

Nothing simulates real game experience like a real game. There will be a time when they will need that first down more than they did vs. the Lions. It was a chance to get film on something which meant nothing to the BIlls current season, but could help for next year.

20 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

My own take is that you're misinterpreting what he means with his statement. I'm a terrible golfer, and a friend of mine once explained that just because I was out of a hole was no reason to pick up. Take advantage of the opportunity to work on your game, be it long, short, trap or putting.

Nothing simulates real game experience like a real game. There will be a time when they will need that first down more than they did vs. the Lions. It was a chance to get film on something which meant nothing to the BIlls current season, but could help for next year.

Good point.

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to [Edited Title] Lions v Bills 4th and 2 Decision