UB football signs 17 recruits

Buffalo716

https://buffalonews.com/2018/12/19/ub-football-2019-freshman-class-ncaa-national-signing-day/

while the season is not over yet UB has signed 17 kids to the incoming freshman class.

Including a big 6’5 3* pocket passer who switched from the last minute from Rice to UB...

they also signed 3 offensive lineman , 4 dlineman and a slew of WRs

unfortunately Lockport native and #4 player in NY, WR Malik Brooks did not sign with UB yet as intended... though he did say UB is still his #1 choice

(edit Malik Brooks signed with Monmouth ?)

? horns up

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

Going to the Big South Conference? Going to Monmouth? Kid doesn't like competition?

Idk or they fed him some BS about no UB receivers in the league and Monmouth produced Miles Austin and Chris Hogan..

IDK he was the best player in western New York and a top 75 receiver 

On 12/20/2018 at 1:43 PM, Buffalo716 said:

https://buffalonews.com/2018/12/19/ub-football-2019-freshman-class-ncaa-national-signing-day/

while the season is not over yet UB has signed 17 kids to the incoming freshman class.

Including a big 6’5 3* pocket passer who switched from the last minute from Rice to UB...

unfortunately Lockport native and #4 player in NY, WR Malik Brooks did not sign with UB yet as intended... though he did say UB is still his #1 choice

? horns up

Monmouth???

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yep effing Monmouth.

Kid was the best player in western New York 

Reminds me of my nephew who had offers to a bunch of schools including UB but chose Brockport, because his parents wanted him to have a "college" experience and not a football one. Considering he wanted to make the NFL he made the wrong choice.

Any reasons why this kid turned down UB?

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Reminds me of my nephew who had offers to a bunch of schools including UB but chose Brockport, because his parents wanted him to have a "college" experience and not a football one. Considering he wanted to make the NFL he made the wrong choice.

Not that I’m aware of at this point.

he was a legitimate 3* recruit and a top 75 WR prospect 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He said Monmouth felt like family 

On 12/22/2018 at 12:22 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Yep effing Monmouth.

Kid was the best player in western New York 

That really doesn't mean much. Syracuse used to get these kids all the time. And they all sucked. 

Best modern era pros produced by WNY or CNY schools if you're particular have been McNabb, Harrison, and Mack. None of them from WNY. WNY is not good at producing talent. The weather and some other cultural things really set us back. 

I dont even think NYC produces the amount of talent it should. We're a basketball state honestly. As far as it goes in terms of producing higher level talent.

On 12/23/2018 at 12:30 AM, zow2 said:

Thats nice.  Well good luck never being seen on ESPN at Monmouth.   Enjoy that.

Versus losing to Northern Illinois or some crap on a Tuesday night? Lol UB fans have gotten so arrogant so quick. You make the team dislikable. 

On 12/22/2018 at 2:57 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I'm sorry but if your nephew was debating between UB and Brockport, the NFL wasn't happening. I also dont get the college experience excuse. None of that makes sense. I had a lot of friends at UB and Buf state, I did a semester at Brockport. I've never been to a bar in Brockport and spent a lot of weekends getting the college experience in Buffalo.

3 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

That really doesn't mean much. Syracuse used to get these kids all the time. And they all sucked. 

Best modern era pros produced by WNY or CNY schools if you're particular have been McNabb, Harrison, and Mack. None of them from WNY. WNY is not good at producing talent. The weather and some other cultural things really set us back. 

I think you're forgetting about Niagara Falls High School, UB alum James Starkes who has to take off his Packers SB ring every time he goes through customs.

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Versus losing to Northern Illinois or some crap on a Tuesday night? Lol UB fans have gotten so arrogant so quick. You make the team dislikable. 

That's cheap.  The only arrogant thing is your reply and lumping all UB fans into one boat.   Look, the kid can go to Monmouth, I don't care.  Maybe he doesn't LOVE football and does not need the sport to be the center of his life.  That's fine.  He made a verbal commitment and backed out, it happens all the time.

However, being in the MAC Championship game is a big deal.  Having your games televised around the country is a huge deal to many of these recruits. 

9 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I dont even think NYC produces the amount of talent it should. We're a basketball state honestly. As far as it goes in terms of producing higher level talent.

I'm sorry but if your nephew was debating between UB and Brockport, the NFL wasn't happening. I also dont get the college experience excuse. None of that makes sense. I had a lot of friends at UB and Buf state, I did a semester at Brockport. I've never been to a bar in Brockport and spent a lot of weekends getting the college experience in Buffalo.

Um Khalil Mack wasn’t born in WNY or CNY and didn’t play HS here. And there are a lot of good college kids who come from WNY high schools

Chad Kelly was a stud at Joes and Ole Miss.

Alex Nuetz was a stud at Grand Island and UB

John Kling was a stud at Depew and at UB and is on Bengals PS

Andre Davis was a Stud At Maryvale and UB and was a camp invite

i can name tons more

Boston College starting linebacker mcduffie is a beast from Bennett.

A lot of NFLrs may not come from here but a lot of solid college ball players do. The numbers are just wayyyy fewer than most states

Edited by Buffalo716

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2018 at 1:43 PM, Buffalo716 said:

? horns up

716 you got any reports or views on the 6 kids they signed in late signing period? Thanks

2 hours ago, noacls said:

716 you got any reports or views on the 6 kids they signed in late signing period? Thanks

I know they grabbed 2 JUCO JR WRs... already having experience and age, either could crack the top 4 next year

Larry Rembert is my guess to play pretty well

They grabbed a big corner from Florida 

a couple of D Ends including a Canadian... 

and a short 5’7 RB who is supposed to be really explosive 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/23/2018 at 12:30 AM, zow2 said:

Thats nice.  Well good luck never being seen on ESPN at Monmouth.   Enjoy that.

Actually.... equal chance to make the pros and then the Hall of Fame  from that kinda school

maybe he wants to play in a legit playoff scheme

Edited by row_33

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.