Josh Gordon Stepping Away from Football in Advance of this Sunday's Game; Returned to the Reserve/Commissioner Suspended List Indefinitely

26CornerBlitz

The sad part of this is that if he can’t get his ***** together with a ton of money on the line and all the help imaginable, it’s hard to imagine him doing it on his own when the league finally cuts its losses.

I hope something major happens and he is met with the reality of his decisions, but history says he has a long long road.

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

This didn’t seem to age well.

Yep, posted before it mentioned the suspension.  That's what I get for giving people the benefit of the doubt.

But still, addiction is no joking matter and neither are mental health issues in general.  Thought he made a lot of progress.  Guess not, sad.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So a guy who battles an addiction problem is a loser?

Josh Gordon is a loser.  Period. Where in my statement did I say he was a loser because he's fighting and addiction problem?

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He smokes pot and is using mental health as an excuse. One of the reasons people struggle recognizing mental health as a legit issue is the guys like this who will use it as a crutch. 

you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.  I suggest you shut up on the subject!

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So a guy who battles an addiction problem is a loser?

Absolutely not.  Speaking as someone with close to 14 years of sobriety, it absolutely amazes me, the idiots on this board that are so narrow-minded, living in a bubble, that really have no idea what addiction or mental health really is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He smokes pot and is using mental health as an excuse. One of the reasons people struggle recognizing mental health as a legit issue is the guys like this who will use it as a crutch. 

Pretty sure his past issues were mostly alcohol related, no?

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.  I suggest you shut up on the subject!

Absolutely not.  Speaking as someone with close to 14 years of sobriety, it absolutely amazes me, the idiots on this board that are so narrow-minded, living in a bubble, that really have no idea what addiction or mental health really is.

I agree. It's a really uneducated and ignorant POV to express.

• Like (+1) 4

Ultimately, I hope the guy is alright and he gets the help he needs for what is now life after football. 

Also, most of us were in unison the Browns were ripped off in this trade... He's shown time and time again he can't get away from any red flags, so it was pretty evident this guy couldn't be trusted. 

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

4 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Josh Gordon is a loser.  Period. I didn't say anything about him fighting and addiction problem....you did.

I usually don't call people losers...but It doesn't bother me if someone else does if the person they are talking about has problems like he does....knows he has them...and doesn't want to get any kind of help.   If that person at some point recognizes they have an issue and even takes a few steps to try to correct it/get help....that is when I have a problem with the 'loser' label.

I want to believe him in his post....and I will for now....but you never know when someone puts something out there that is legit...or whether it is a carefully worded, agent written, after-the-fact suspension issued P.R. move.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I agree. It's a really uneducated and ignorant POV to express.

I apologize for my previous posts, but will not delete them, hope they aren't too harsh, but this is obviously something I am hypersensitive about.  I worked in the field for close to 16 years and if you truly understood addiction, it is way more than simply making a choice.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

well, our task this Sunday just got a little easier...

I don't think Gordon is a superstar at this point on the field...but he is a player for sure that is capable of having a big enough game to turn a loss into a win.

This has the potential to really hurt the Pats in the playoffs, especially if they don't get the bye and have to play 3 games in the AFC.

His 'projected' 16 game stat were for about 60 catches...just over 1000 yards.  Only Edleman had more yards-per-game receiving than him...and it was close.

With him in there, you might have had to shade a Safety a bit closer to his side of the field...or play your zones just a bit deeper. Without him....you can probably bing the Saftey (or whoever is playing zone) just a tad closer to the line...and make those short throwing lanes Brady loves just a tad bit tighter.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Hahahahha!  Dumb Cheatriots!  Why the hell did they even think about signing that loser?  I hope this is it for him in the NFL.

Because Belichick is a genius and they were successful with Randy Moss once. Not so good with any other reclamation projects, though.