Josh Allen and QBs bought the OL iPads for Christmas

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, eball said:

For any business application I'd definitely go MS -- I use a Surface exclusively at work.  At home, however, we're an Apple family -- iPhones, iPads, and a Mac -- and have no complaints whatsoever.

I hear Tom Bradys family are also an IPad Family.........

I have been looking at Surface Pros for the last year wanting to get one. They used to use them at my work before I started but just switched to IPad Pros. I wanted something with the pen to make notes over plans or photos. Its handy to have that option and they are much better then the old stylus to write with. The problem is that there are so many surface options and they can get expensive very fast.

5 hours ago, eball said:

For any business application I'd definitely go MS -- I use a Surface exclusively at work.  At home, however, we're an Apple family -- iPhones, iPads, and a Mac -- and have no complaints whatsoever.

I know my opinion is mostly one borne through copious wifey messages that start with, "Dammit, I just updated my ios and now my iPad won't (fill in the blank). I have to go to the Apple store." 

There's a reason the Apple store looks a Tijuana border entry every time a new iPhone is released, and there is no denying the pull of the product. Plus, you've gotta give credit to a company that can get grown men to walk around wearing white earrings after Labor Day.

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

I know my opinion is mostly one borne through copious wifey messages that start with, "Dammit, I just updated my ios and now my iPad won't (fill in the blank). I have to go to the Apple store." 

There's a reason the Apple store looks a Tijuana border entry every time a new iPhone is released, and there is no denying the pull of the product. Plus, you've gotta give credit to a company that can get grown men to walk around wearing white earrings after Labor Day.

Say what you will but those air pods are pretty freaking awesome.  Best Bluetooth headphones I’ve ever owned.  

25 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Say what you will but those air pods are pretty freaking awesome.  Best Bluetooth headphones I’ve ever owned.  

And they look marvelous with any holiday ensemble! :lol:

They must be good. The last time I was in NYC (a few months ago), it seemed like it was mandated by the state that everyone must wear them.

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Too funny.  When the Airpods came out I was like "no way am I getting those" but sure enough, about a year later I bought a pair and they are awesome.  I don't walk around with them (or any headphones) on, though -- I use them when working from home as my wireless headset.  Freaking fantastic.

I've never had to take an Apple product back to the store for them to "fix" -- I have no idea what people are doing when they brick them.

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

And they look marvelous with any holiday ensemble! :lol:

They must be good. The last time I was in NYC (a few months ago), it seemed like it was mandated by the state that everyone must wear them.

It must be you.  Most people don’t really have a problem with how they look

5 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I hear Tom Bradys family are also an IPad Family.........

I have been looking at Surface Pros for the last year wanting to get one. They used to use them at my work before I started but just switched to IPad Pros. I wanted something with the pen to make notes over plans or photos. Its handy to have that option and they are much better then the old stylus to write with. The problem is that there are so many surface options and they can get expensive very fast.

IPad's are consumer electronics devices. A big drawback is they don't have multi-user support nor can they authenticate to a Windows domain. This makes them a pain in the butt in a business environment. It's hard to find anything in the enterprise class of devices that doesn't support some form of authentication with a Windows domain (either Active Directory or RADIUS authentication).  Apple seems to still be suffering from the siege mentality by the ghost of Jobs. 

Bought my wife a Surface Pro and she loves it. Her keyboard has started acting up and a new one is around $120. They are pricey. For work I have a dell laptop that turns into a tablet when you rotate the keyboard all the way to the back of the screen. It has a 15" screen which if you're sitting on the couch works great as a tablet. If you're walking around trying to input stuff into it it's a bit more difficult to hold onto then a true tablet. 

3 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

It must be you.  Most people don’t really have a problem with how they look

Make no mistake. It's definitely me.  I think they look ridiculous.

Though, maybe it's less about the earphones looking ridiculous and more the people looking ridiculous because so many are trying to look hip.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Make no mistake. It's definitely me.  I think they look ridiculous.

Though, maybe it's less about the earphones looking ridiculous and more the people looking ridiculous because so many are trying to look hip.

if you’re using the word hip it’s definitely you. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood