Probowl selections - No Bills Selected

One Buffalo

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I’m just replying to posts and not saying Tre’ is a bonofied perrenial Pro Bowler 

As to 3 bad weeks ...  I’d complain if they were scoring TD after TD on Tre.   

Also. The entire team has struggled with INTs. 

And I’m not saying he is a bad CB by any means.  I just don’t think he has played at a high level with consistency the past 3 weeks.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sure.  Easy-peasy.  How big.

I seem to recall Ramsey getting roasted and toasted

He didn’t have the type of season he had last year, but he also hasn’t struggled for 3 weeks straight like White has.  

Sorry but at this point Ramsey is on a higher than Tre.   

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I was shocked White didn't make it, dude has been good, Milano deserved it not sure if his injury impacted it. Hyde, Proyer, Hughes, Kyle, and Lorax were on the bubble could have went either way, but White is a big snub. 

Did you watch the last 3 Bills games?  If so, re-watch them.  You’ll see why he didn’t make the Pro Bowl.  

The problem with Poyer, Hyde, Alexander, and Kyle is that they played very well but don’t have the big numbers that jump out at you.  

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Milano was playing lights out...I guess all the big scores they gave at the beginning of the season wiped out their chances.

I don’t think so; think that was Peterman who helped effectively set the defense back.  On the plus side the CFL isn’t touching him.  Although wish we would sign Luke Tasker.  

38 minutes ago, teef said:

does anyone know how to fix holes in drywall?  i've got a few that need fixin.

Spackle my friend just a little dab will do you. Are the holes for all the picks that Peterman put out in two seasons?  

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Overall he has a much better year than White.  He has more INT’s too.  Also, when did Ramsey give up a game changing catch to Robbie Anderson on the last drive of the game?

He’s a very good CB.  He is not one of the top 4 in the AFC

LOL. He’s hands down one of the top 4 corners in the league.

2 hours ago, hemma said:

Hope they take the rejection as questioning their manhood, get miserably angry & then kick the living ***** out of the Pats

I will trade all future pro-bowl appearances for the Bills for one actual, counts-for-something victory against the Pats.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

He was an alternate.

He played. He was a "pro-bowler."

57 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

We are one of three teams that had no pro bowl selections.  I am surprised no one on defense made it.

I was a bit surprised by that, but with White's recent struggles, the team has really no standout (they just play well together). Alexander is probably deserving-- but not surprising he was overlooked.

Of course the defense, despite its statistical ranking, is far from elite (a big need is a strong edge rusher).

Good. 

It only makes guys more expensive.

26 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

DeCastro and Nelson. Two guards taken in top 10. Don't tell the masses on here but it is perfectly fine to take an interior lineman in the top 10. The only downside is having to purchase playoff tickets.

Oh yes.....many experts here decried 'wasting' a first round pick on DeCastro.   Seems like that worked out pretty well for Pittsburgh and their running backs.

6 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

DeCastro and Nelson. Two guards taken in top 10. Don't tell the masses on here but it is perfectly fine to take an interior lineman in the top 10. The only downside is having to purchase playoff tickets.

DeCastro was taken 26th, and wasn't great for the 1st couple years. He is now, so good pick overall,  but nowhere near Nelson when comparing rookie seasons.

Edited by cle23

I'm not sure what some fans expected.  The offense is filled with non-NFL caliber players -- even before injuries.  Allen, McCoy, Ivory, Clay, Jones, Dawkins, and maybe Bodine are probably the only bonafide NFLers on offense, and most wouldn't be starters.   Defense has better talent but no truly outstanding much less dominating players.  Except for Hauschka -- who didn't get an opportunity to play in a significant game -- most of the Bills ST shouldn't even be on any NFL roster.

Is this a surprise?  There is not really any elite talent on this roster, like none.  Yeah Milano had a good year before getting hurt, but the linebacker spot is more competitive for purposes of the Pro Bowl.

I am still waiting for Brandon Beane to demonstrate some semblance of hope that he can scout and acquire talent.  I haven't seen it.  So far he has assembled one of the least-talented (maybe THE least-talented) roster in the NFL.  It's really easy to orchestrate a tear-down - at some point soon he'll have to show that he can actually build something.  I'm very skeptical.

As I said to a buddy the other day - the construction of the Bills' 2018 roster borders on negligent homicide - and I'm the corpse.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

The Pouncey twins both made the Pro Bowl,  too.

5 minutes ago, cle23 said:

DeCastro was taken 26th, and wasn't great for the 1st couple years. He is now, so good pick overall,  but nowhere near Nelson when comparing rookie seasons.

DeCastro suffered a knee injury in a preseason against the Bills IIRC, so he missed his entire rookie season, but he's been better than any guard the Bills have had during that period except for Incognito.