Fired  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Be Fired?

• Brandon Beane (GM)
    • Sean McDermott (HC)
    • Brian Daboll (OC)
    • Leslie Frazier (DC)
    • Danny Crossman (ST)
    • Eric Ciano (Strength and Conditioning)
    • Terry and Kim Pegula (Stepping down from any roll in on the field decisions)
    • Juan Castillo (Offensive Line/Run Game)

3 hours ago, mead107 said:

Didn’t  we talk about this month or so ago?????

Since nobody got fired, it was bound to bubble up to the surface again. SOMEBODY must pay! 

Just keep your head low for a while, they may add the Parking Coordinator to the poll. 

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

I voted Castillo.  Didn't like the hire when it was made.  He doesn't have a great reputation with Ravens fans here in Maryland either.

But you’re a chicken!!!

As for who (whom?) to fire?  The next muthaf**** who starts an inane thread about firing someone.  At least until season’s end.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

But you’re a chicken!!!

freaks me out honestly.
thought we had rules saying "No Chickens allowed ! well not many anyways. some though "

and why is he/she a scary chicken ?

Boo ?

pretty weak. even coming from a chicken. if i am reading it correctly

13 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

freaks me out honestly.
thought we had rules saying "No Chickens allowed ! well not many anyways. some though "

and why is he/she a scary chicken ?

Boo ?

pretty weak. even coming from a chicken. if i am reading it correctly

I wear a disguise to look like human guys, but I'm not a man, I'm a Chicken Boo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

Please explain your personal  knowledge of the on field decisions made by the owners.  If you listed it as an option you either have examples (not speculation) or trolling.

25 minutes ago, boater said:

OP has his timing off.

Fire XXX posts come after a loss. After a win, it's posts such as Will Daboll be a HC candidate.

Also, I take umbrage to "Terry and Kim Pegula (Stepping down from any roll in on the field decisions)." I'm not aware of their micro-managing at all. Please provide examples.

I listed it as an option simply because I've seen people complaining about it. 

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mjt328 said:

None of the above.  This team is starting to move in the right direction, and I believe we need some continuity.

Coaches are an easy scapegoat, but they need the right talent to be successful.

I know that Danny Crossman and Juan Castillo will be popular selections.

But we are talking about guys who have been NFL coaches for over 15 years.  I'm not sure they are the problem.

The Special teams unit this years has been very bad this year and was below average last year. So the results just aren't there the past 2 years. The frustration with Juan Castillo stems from the O-lines sub par performance the past two years, but at least with the O-line you can cite lack of talent in 2018 to explain away bad results. 

4 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Juan Castillo really; that’s straight up trolling a man whose offensive lines have been some of the best and far more exceptional then people realize.  Doesn’t have much to work with this season and even the guys like Groy have failed to live up to replacing Wood, Incognito, and Glenn.  With aging out on the lines need to bolster it through the draft.  

Glenn hasn't done anything for us in two years, and yes the Richie/Eric thing was a surprise, but I agree with Chris Brown's take that he really hasn't been able to get any synergy going and the problem runs deeper than lack of talent or teaching technique.   

Brownie is pretty plugged in with the Bills, I take that as a sign that Castillo will be gone.  If so, I hope it's done immediately after the Miami game so we can find our guru and he can have some input on the drafting/free agency moves we have to make here.

Crossman must be doing something right to survive three different HC changes, but man he sure lost us the Jets game.  Tasker pretty much blamed Crossman directly that Monday, saying if your guys don't look up to know where the ball is on a punt coverage this late in the season it's because it hasn't been drilled into their heads so that it's automatic.   He doesn't think Crossman is thorough enough.

12 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

The Special teams unit this years has been very bad this year and was below average last year. So the results just aren't there the past 2 years. The frustration with Juan Castillo stems from the O-lines sub par performance the past two years, but at least with the O-line you can cite lack of talent in 2018 to explain away bad results. 

I realize that both units have struggled badly the last 2 years.  I'm just not convinced that coaching is the problem.

Last year, pretty much everyone knew the O-Line was going to take a step-backwards immediately after word broke that Castillo was hired.  Not because he was a historically bad coach.  But because he ran a zone blocking scheme which didn't fit the skills of our players.  We knew it was going to be even worse this year, since we lost our three best lineman in the offseason (Wood, Incognito and Glenn) and did absolutely nothing to replace them.

I'll be honest, and say I really don't know what is going on with special teams.  They have been a disaster everywhere.  But why is it automatically Crossman's fault when we have a bad punt, a missed field goal or a block-in-the-back penalty?